PDA

View Full Version : Does AGD ever plan to make their own higher end barrels?

ß.C.
12-10-2002, 08:59 PM
Does AGD ever plan to make high end barrels? It's just that whenever someone comes out with a nice barrel, they never seem to come to automags! They are always availible to autocockers, spyders, and angels. But NEVER AUTOMAG, and whenever they do come for automags, they look different and "fugly"(does really matter though since the mag body hides a good portion of the barrel). I have a vert feed mag and it makes it even harder to find a barrel for it. I know dye makes CF barrels for mags because thats wahat I have. But I've tried so many barrels and prefer many more over the broomstick despite what advertisements and people say. I always fall in love with a barrel and then can never get it for my mag. It's SAD! Does any body else have this problem? Does AGD ever plan to maybe make their own barrels besides those not so great stock ones?

EsPo
12-10-2002, 09:08 PM
it seems like everyone here likes the stock emag barrel, i found mine to be extremely loud, unnacurate, and also it didnt clean breaks like other barrels ive tried. J&J makes cf barrels. my proshop NEVER has mag barrels.

yeahthatsme
12-10-2002, 09:38 PM
why dont you just get a slugg body and have it milled down(wouldnt be that expensive to have it milled) and then you get to use cocker barrels!!!!!

Muzikman
12-10-2002, 09:38 PM
The stock Emag / RT barrel is pretty damn good... and No matter how good you make a stock barrel, people will change it for a different one, so why raise the price of the gun because you put this super-douper barrel on it when no one will care.

Raptor3359
12-10-2002, 09:49 PM
i think he means after market barrels.

FalconGuy016
12-10-2002, 09:53 PM
yes I think he does

rdb123
12-10-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by ß.C.
....But NEVER AUTOMAG, and whenever they do come for automags, they look different and "fugly"(does really matter though since the mag body hides a good portion of the barrel)......

Sorry, I can't feel for you; probably because I've got an SFL Emag :D

But yeah, when I had the RT Pro, I hated that.

-Ron

ß.C.
12-10-2002, 10:52 PM
I've had the RT stock barrel, it's good stuff but lets not let our AGD pride cloud our reason . . .

. . . heh sounds like it came from a movie . . .

yeahthatsme- I'd cry day and night for a twist lock . . . but maybe I won't need it because I have LVL X!!

Muzikman- yep high end :)

If theres no news about anything being developed other than stock barrels, then I'll just assume I won't be seening an AGD aftermarket barrel for a long time if ever.

Muzikman
12-10-2002, 11:15 PM
I doubt ever....but if I am not mistaken Tom was saying they are making the barrels for the Xmags...not sure, but I thought that was what I heard coming out of his mouth.

Sinnet
12-11-2002, 12:01 AM
The last time I played I had a guy with a vision imp tell me he really liked my mag with the barrel... "cool and tight (as in short) he said".

A little after that, a fellow mag user at the chrono came over and asked me how I liked my crown point barrel. I told him it was actually a stock emag/rt barrel, and he said "yeah, they call it a crown point".

:rolleyes:

digitard
12-11-2002, 11:14 AM
Hehe,
Well buy an XMag, they're cocker barrel threaded from what I read .... so you can use cocker barrels then

:)

Sincerely,
Dave

Thordic
12-11-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Sinnet
The last time I played I had a guy with a vision imp tell me he really liked my mag with the barrel... "cool and tight (as in short) he said".

A little after that, a fellow mag user at the chrono came over and asked me how I liked my crown point barrel. I told him it was actually a stock emag/rt barrel, and he said "yeah, they call it a crown point".

:rolleyes:

Uhm, maybe I'm just lost, but you were both right.

The stock emag/rt barrel is the new style crown point barrel.

I could just be missing your point entirely here :)

BTAutoMag
12-11-2002, 12:50 PM
yea ive been waiting for the day when AGD made their own barrels. that way i could get a FULL AGD automag (minus the HALO B... Tom make some hoppers while youre at it)

rdb123
12-11-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman
I doubt ever....but if I am not mistaken Tom was saying they are making the barrels for the Xmags...not sure, but I thought that was what I heard coming out of his mouth.

By the way, what barrel comes stock with the X-Mags?

Thanks

-Ron

Sinnet
12-11-2002, 05:26 PM
really thordic?

hmm, never heard it called that before, I thought "crown point" only referred to the all-black stock mag barrel with parts of the end carved out.