PDA

View Full Version : What do u do to promote paintball?

PsychoMag
08-29-2001, 05:16 PM
I am always in the view of people, since I am captain of a popular South Jersey team, I feel that I need to portray a positive influence towards fellow players, newbies, field and company owners, and spectators, especially when it is their kids playing in the tourneys...

Someone told me once that I was an asset and I am easy to approach for guidance, and was just wondering if everyone promotes paintball in a positive manner...I didnt know if I was a unique player since I see myself as no better or worse than any other player.

What do u do to keep this poorly recognized sport in a positive light, if at all...

------------------
"You want a shot at the title?"
PsychoMag..."Dogger"
RTP00440, Benchmark Offset Adj. HPA Cradle, Pro-Connect, 12"AA, 12"DYE SS, 12"Boomie, 14"JJ Ceramic, 68/4500 NitroDuck Tuffy, 12Revvie, Warp.
Team ArchAngels
www.angelfire.com/extreme2/archangels"
No Skill, No Talent, Just Heart" ~ Oh Pawlak

smartmag_65
08-29-2001, 08:12 PM
in the last couple years i have helped about 5 new players get into paintball. I live in rural MN and we dont have a paintball field or any thing so we are always looking for more players. Every one that has ever played with us has always liked it and gone out and bought a beginner gun and played with us. I have worked hard over the years to promote paintball and to try to get new players into it.

Major Ho
08-29-2001, 08:18 PM
I dress in JT, DYE and...more JT apparel to start. People ask questions about it and I gladly answer to my best knowledge in the highest regards as possible. All the people that know me personally tend to ask or I would invite them for a round, then they ask some more and eventually I have racked up...over a dozen new ppl into the sport. Whether or not they are return players is different but i have a solid core group that goes when free on summer break when I go. I try to organize and plan games, paint and markers/guns for them to make it as easy as possible for them so all they do is show up and gimme their $$$. So far it seems to be working.

emaggot4life
08-29-2001, 08:18 PM
I have gotten my local field and local area to give paintball a more positive view. By getting my local church to play (every month they play a weekend). If you can get people like your Priest to play and have fun then how can someones mom or dad say "its to violent", or "there is to much swearing". Yes there is a little swearing but once they realize that there is a priest arround watch those attitudes chang.

Zo
08-29-2001, 08:19 PM
about 3 years ago i got my first paintball marker. a few weeks after that a friend also got one. after about 2 years of us 2 playing we got a few others into it also. we have brought paintball to our community and also have our own field. a private one that only friends can play on but this sat all the people that we've brought to the sport will be playing at it. about 25-30 people.

Paintballer86
08-29-2001, 08:19 PM
I wear Paintball t-shirts to school all the time. I wear my jersey in public. I was the first one to get a paintball gun in my grade. After that year AT LEAST 10 people had a paintball gun. I think that I started a trend. http://www.automags.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
If you run, you will only be marked tired
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Paintballer86/image001.gif

PsychoMag
08-30-2001, 12:20 PM
That is NICE! :P

I have been noticing around the fields, that the younger "kids" seem a bit arrogant, sespecially when they carry the latest cocker, or angel...they snicker at my RT, and then in the next game...they feel the bite of her...I give them a fair shot at the title...but they dont have skill to back up the arrogance, just a $1500 gun they dont know how to use...

I was actually talkin to a kid...14 with a superman angel...we were talkin for a while abou the RT and angel...I told him that I tried the angel, and it didnt fit my style, so I am stickin with AGD and getting the new modular Emag...he said "F@#K U!" and walked off...

Do owners of Angels get a rule book on how to act when they own an angel?? I mean...to me a gun is a gun...gotta have the skill to back it...

just my $.02

------------------
PsychoMag..."Dogger"
RTP00440, Benchmark Offset Adj. HPA Cradle, Pro-Connect, 12"AA, 12"DYE SS, 12"Boomie, 14"JJ Ceramic, 68/4500 NitroDuck Tuffy, 12Revvie, Warp.
Team ArchAngels

FeelTheRT
08-30-2001, 12:24 PM
i wear this JT shirt that says, "You can't wipe a welt" wit this guy on the back goggled a few times.

krafty
08-30-2001, 12:37 PM
I never hide the fact that I play paintball. Whenever I fill out anything that asks me for "activites" it's the 1st thing I list. When people ask me what I did last weekend, I'll tell them what happened during paintball along with everything else.

I've helped organize 3 work-outings to play paintball throughout the year. Kinda fun getting to shoot your boss. http://www.automags.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

On the field and in the staging area I always stay accessable to the new players. I help out with the safety briefings and help check players before they go onto the field. I've probably given away 10 cases of paint over the years to newbies on the field who run out of paint mid-game. (A couple of times I've tossed pods to players on the other team, just to keep them in the game). I've packed my gear away and reffed games when we were short, even after paying my field fee. I've stayed late to help the field owner clean his rental gear for the next week, fill tanks, and collect trash in the staging area.

In short, I spend most of my time trying to make sure others are having as much fun as I am. In turn, maybe they'll be back next week with a buddy or 2, which makes it even more fun.

I need to be seen wearing more paintball-related clothing, however. I could really use an AGD t-shirt... Tom? http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif (j/k)

PsychoMag
08-30-2001, 01:13 PM
The next big thing I want to accomplish is going to be a Rookie only tourney in NJ...No superguns allowed..straight semi only...etc.

I am going to work it out with my field sponsor, for my team to host a combo woods, and Sup'air tourney with cool prizes, and everyone walks away with something...maybe I will try geting KAPP involved...

A charity for the fire dept is in the works now...

------------------
PsychoMag..."Dogger"
Team ArchAngels

mikey101
08-30-2001, 03:52 PM
Me and a couple of my friends that also play paintball constantly are getting people to come and try playing paintball with us. It doesn't matter what age, as long as they want to try it. Most of them don't have their own guns so we let them borrow our back ups(nice guns too!) Some kids say they absolutly hate it and never want to play again, which is ok, its just not their thing. But most of them go home and talk about how great it was and they start planning how they're going to get a gun of their own. And soon they tell their friends, and they try it. so it goes on and on, its great!!