PDA

View Full Version : carbon fiber wrapped tanks or steel

smartmag_65
08-29-2001, 07:44 PM
are carbon fiber tanks worth the extra money or are steel tanks a better buy for some just getting into hpa???????????

PsychoMag
08-29-2001, 07:58 PM
spend the extra for a nice nitro duck...5 year testing instead of 3...

u dont really "try" out a tank...it not like a part that might not work...the HPA is a noticeable difference...

I suggest an adjustbale if u can afford it, other than that, I hear the TurboMax tanks are crapy regs...

my $.02

------------------
"You want a shot at the title?"
PsychoMag..."Dogger"
RTP00440, Benchmark Offset Adj. HPA Cradle, Pro-Connect, 12"AA, 12"DYE SS, 12"Boomie, 14"JJ Ceramic, 68/4500 NitroDuck Tuffy, 12Revvie, Warp.
Team ArchAngels
www.angelfire.com/extreme2/archangels"
No Skill, No Talent, Just Heart" ~ Oh Pawlak

jah871
08-29-2001, 08:21 PM
it depends if u want a 4500psi tank u have to get the fiber wrapped but if u get the 3000psi u have a choice. i would say just get the steel if u get a 3000psi cuz its not worht the extra cash for fiber wrapped IMHO

banzaimf
08-30-2001, 04:06 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by smartmag_65:
are carbon fiber tanks worth the extra money or are steel tanks a better buy for some just getting into hpa???????????</font>

Depends on your personal level of paranoia.

In the event of a catastrophical failure, ie tank ruptures violently, a carbon fiber tank is designed to catch the metal bits that may want to go flying and prevent them from entering you. The chances of this happening are very slim, but I would prefer not to be the PDB that is the one in a million.

Steel tanks are accepted for use in many different applications and are safe for use, as is evidenced by the scuba community. Heck.. they even use aluminum.

banzaimf

------------------
minimag #1321