PDA

View Full Version : minicocker question

FreshmanBob
12-11-2002, 02:07 PM
I've been looking at some freeflow cockers and man do they look nice. One thing though, with minicockers, the gun doesn't look any shorter, they just take the metal out from above the ASA an shift the frontblock back. Are there any real advantages to this? I know mini's generally have a higher op. pressure as well, but is the gun that much lighter?

thanks

Conqueror
12-11-2002, 05:38 PM
They really aren't all that much lighter (an ounce or so maybe) and they're about 1" shorter. The operating pressure will be the same, that "higher" thing really only applies to pre-98 cockers.

They do look cooler though. :D

CQ

magman007
12-11-2002, 05:44 PM
well, there not really shorter with a barrel on.... thats why i think you said they dont look shorter....

They are lighter, not by much but they are lighter

I also like their look better, but thats just me

FreshmanBob
12-11-2002, 08:49 PM
ok cool, thanks guys

Creative Mayhem
12-12-2002, 09:38 AM
you're right they aren't any lighter. They are shorter, allowing some of the barrel weight to be placed closer to the trigger, which in turn make it feel like a more compact marker even though it is only one inch shorter. I have had both and this is what I found when I had them.

C Mayhem

Conqueror
12-16-2002, 10:51 PM
The barrel weight is not any closer to the trigger. They just hack off the "nose" of the body at the end of the valve chamber. The upper tube is the same length and the grip placement is the same, thus the barrel is no more "centered" over the grip with a mini or a normal cocker.

CQ

mykroft
12-17-2002, 12:03 PM
And Remember, the ASA is off centre in a Minicocker.

magman007
12-17-2002, 02:01 PM
there off center(damn canadian spelling centre... lol just playin mykroft)

there off center tho? i thought they just screwed into the gassblock screw hole on the bottom? and it hought that was centered? at least it was on my kapp cocker.. it looked that way any ways.. oh well

Ov3rmind
12-17-2002, 05:32 PM
The ASAs are screwed into the gassblock screw hole (with the exception of some one peice WGP front blocks/ASAs and the Merlin front block/ASA). On all the Cockers I have seen, the screw hole is slightly offset (closer to the side of the gun with the pump arm), but not drastically so.

Jonno06
12-17-2002, 07:10 PM
i have a minicocker..and mine has had like 1 inch milled off it...

that does kinda suck how the reg nows screws into the front block...so i use a unireg..and its actually very comfortable..

here is my minicocker.