PDA

View Full Version : liquid co2

smartmag_65
08-29-2001, 08:04 PM
WHAT works the best to keep liquid co2 out of a gun an expansion chamber or a stabalizer or something like that

belligerant1
08-29-2001, 08:08 PM
a remote, x-chamber and a stabilizer will work well. but for the price just get air.

------------------
mag needed!!!

this one goes out to the kids who drove 6 hours in a stolen car and missed the tourney!!!!

is it wrong to want to shoot you just so that i can hear the splats hit your goggles?

magman007
08-29-2001, 08:08 PM
well the best way to keep co2 out id you are running it is with an anti siphon c02 tank on a remote with an expansion chamber, that is the absolutly best way, but an exp chamber should work

------------------
you ever notice how elves do everyting???

jah871
08-29-2001, 08:25 PM
magman, many peiople have told me that running a anti siphon on a remote turns it into a siphone. smartmag after u buy anti siphon xchameber, or remote u could have just invested in a crossfire stub or a for around 120.

krafty
08-29-2001, 08:36 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jah871:
many peiople have told me that running a anti siphon on a remote turns it into a siphone. </font>

This can be true. If you're going to run a remote, just by a plain old tank, no anti-siphon tube. Since the tank will be more or less straight up and down while you've got it strapped to your back, having no tube in it decreases the likelyhood of liquid even making it close to your remote hose.

<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jah871:
smartmag after u buy anti siphon xchameber, or remote u could have just invested in a crossfire stub or a for around 120.</font>

This is also true, but remember that some people may not have access to HPA fill stations at their local fields. co2 may not work quite as well as hpa, but it's easier to come by.

Mr.E Mag Man
08-30-2001, 01:42 PM
I say go anti-siphon.. I tried lots of different setups when I ran CO2 on my mag, and I must say that anti-siphon worked the best, by far. Expansion chamber will help too.
I don't really like running remote, but that does work too. (personally I found that anti-siphon works better)

I say get cheap nitro, but if you're like me and the air fills are really expensive in your area ($9 a freakin 3k fill), co2 is fine too.

PyRo
08-30-2001, 01:45 PM
Never ever run anti syphon on a remote, or on a VA. It just turns into a syphon, and will suck liquid.

Ni cD
08-30-2001, 01:48 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Mr.E Mag Man:
I say get cheap nitro, but if you're like me and the air fills are really expensive in your area ($9 a freakin 3k fill), co2 is fine too.</font>

Where do you live?? Hell?? http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

If I were you, smartmag_65, I would run remote for the time being. If not...just do like 007 and get an anti-siphon with expansion chamber.

rictus
08-30-2001, 02:39 PM
it is alittle more money but a Stabalizer works better than a expansion chamber. Thats not to say an expansion chamber won't work for you. Some poeople use them with no problems. With my Stabalizer it runs almost the same way it does on nitro.

Meric
08-30-2001, 03:18 PM
Since we're on the subject of CO2 running through a 'mag, does anybody know how many shots I can get from a mag with a CO2 tank? 7oz, 9oz, 12oz, and 20oz? Maybe the number of shots per ounce?

-Meric-

XspyX
08-30-2001, 06:36 PM
Try an angled bottomline. I had a pin-valve tank and the angled bottomline. I also had a gas-thru grip. Shot over 1200 rounds that day and didn't have any problems. I didn't even get any moisture on the valve.

I tried the same thing with a duckbill, I got lots of liquid really fast. So, just get a 10 deg angled bottomline or drop