PDA

View Full Version : X-Valve Hoopla

rdb123
12-11-2002, 06:50 PM
What's all of this X-Valve chat about?

I've looked through posts and haven't found many details on this new thing except possible release dates. Can someone fill me in? Does it recharge faster? Lighter? etc.

Thanks

-Ron

ah137
12-11-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by rdb123
What's all of this X-Valve chat about?

Lighter? etc.

Thanks

-Ron

you guess it, it made of aluminum instead of SS

petefol
12-11-2002, 06:56 PM
it will perform just as well as a retro valve, it is just lighter. it will be released in the next week or two.

rdb123
12-11-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by petefol
it will perform just as well as a retro valve, it is just lighter. it will be released in the next week or two.

Heh, so looks like I'm going to shell out 200+ dollars plus a trade-in just to make my whole setup 3oz lighter. :D

Thanks for the info guys.

-Ron

darklord
12-11-2002, 07:42 PM
no you won't pay $200+ for a lighter valve, you're also paying for a level 10 and reactive trigger. If you have a ReTro, you'll pay less than $200, most likely.

rdb123
12-11-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by darklord
no you won't pay $200+ for a lighter valve, you're also paying for a level 10 and reactive trigger. If you have a ReTro, you'll pay less than $200, most likely.

Ah ok. One thing I forgot to tell you: I have an SFL. :D

-Ron

darklord
12-11-2002, 08:10 PM
lol... touché. :p

petefol
12-11-2002, 08:14 PM
well it will even out the weight a little depending on your setup, and you can also annodize the valve to match your gun.

rdb123
12-11-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by petefol
well it will even out the weight a little depending on your setup, and you can also annodize the valve to match your gun.

Lol well anodizing will cost at least another 50. So with my current valve plus Level10 trade-in, I'd still be spending 200+ to shave off 2oz that unbalance my gun. I love this sport! =)

-Ron

darklord
12-11-2002, 08:21 PM
well not all of us have SFLs, so consider this: the guy with a classic valve gains more than you, but come on, you still have a SFL :rolleyes:

Xerces
12-11-2002, 08:43 PM
ill be happy to take that nasty ol sfl off your hands if you're worried about poor weight distribution :D

Kevmaster
12-11-2002, 10:23 PM
Dark:

why would it be cheaper to trade in a RT valve for the XValve than a Classic. think of it from AGD's POV. it costs them $200 to make an XValve(i dont hae any idea, lets say thats true). why is a RT valve better than a classic as a trade in?

darklord
12-11-2002, 11:02 PM
kev-

point taken, I just assumed a ReTro trade in would be cheaper... back in an older thread that was talkin about x-valves and their cost, people were wondering about that. I just assumed so, which is why I said most likely. Sheesh

Xerces
12-12-2002, 08:13 AM
used retros can sell for 200+ used classics can sell, for 100 BEST

Ryknow
12-13-2002, 05:38 PM
does ne1 know if I trade in a classic valve w/ a LX in it if I get the LX taken off the classic and put on the X-Valve and it is still the same trade it price or whatever? someone fill me in on the X-valve LX thing...thx

xmagaman
12-14-2002, 02:33 PM
So you all are telling me this thing doesnt come standard with the xmag? 200$ more after spending 1,400$ to get it? Sounds like something isn't right. I will get it but darn, I figures they should at least come on the gun instead of forcing you to order something else out of the pocket. So I quess this makes one of the upgrades available, anyone know exactly when we can nsee some triggers, breeches, replacement grips, etc?

darklord
12-14-2002, 02:39 PM
WTF are you talkin about? X-valves do come standard on X-mags! X-valves are for any mag, excluding the RT. X-mags are the first mags to have the x-valve standard on it... as for additional upgrades, I don't think AGD has any plans for a different trigger or grips, but I assume breeches will be available soon after the X-mag is released. If you want custom grips contact someone like Frymarker. If you're lookin for a blade trigger, Timmy63 is the one to talk to, but I'm not sure if he's even making them anymore.

xmagaman
12-14-2002, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by darklord
WTF are you talkin about? X-valves [B]do come standard on X-mags! X-valves are for any mag, excluding the RT. X-mags are the first mags to have the x-valve standard on it...

I only asked if they were going to have to be bought or come standard, never stated. I was sayig that I wouldn't like it if it was. I had no idea the xmag's valve was ne diff from regular RT, I thought it was all ss but if it comes standard, thats cool with me.

Thanks for help with the upgrades. I think Xmags should have a vartiety of triggers, like the compitition. I mean I cant get ebough of the Cobra Blade and one for a xmag would be spiffey.

rdb123
12-14-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by darklord
...I don't think AGD has any plans for a different trigger or grips...

Man, I wish DYE or someone would make a pair of stickies to fit an Emag, cause heck, they already have them for Angels.

Btw, go ahead and have Heather make you something. Right now she is making me an E-mag battery cover grip thingy. =)

-Ron

TheJester
12-14-2002, 10:00 PM
well i would try to help you, but the threads you're talking about are the ones i posted, soooo, if they didn't help, not sure if i could

rdb123
12-14-2002, 10:04 PM
Well, I guess my basic question was if the only difference between the x-valve and the retrovalve is that the x-valve is made out of aluminum and no other new features or advancements like a faster recharge rate or something.

-Ron

magnj
12-14-2002, 10:08 PM
when will theese be out?

Ryknow
12-14-2002, 11:45 PM
we dont know lol

JT2002
12-15-2002, 01:17 AM
nothing better than addicted mag owners gossiping about when AGD will release the X-valve/ anyone know?

DeathscytheSK
12-15-2002, 02:23 AM
Hopefully the release of the xvalve can lower the price for a retro valve :D

magnj
12-15-2002, 08:17 AM
maybe. ANd i hope the retro to x valve upgrade will be cheap.

rdb123
12-15-2002, 09:00 AM
Hmmmm, well the only advantage would be the aluminum make up so maybe it will lower the retro price by 25 bucks possibly.

-Ron

magnj
12-15-2002, 09:11 AM
yea well it would be worth 150-175$ for me becuz I will geta LX and I have like the oldest Retro valve ever (vv00129) so i will get a new nily working valve with level 10. Are there any pics of theese yet?

JT2002
12-15-2002, 10:25 AM
i wonder it theyll have anything special for ppl who already have lvl10? cheaper prices?

magnj
12-15-2002, 10:36 AM
I assume so, Is there anything on their site yet about theese valves, I know there was a thread about the design on the valve but that is all I have seen.

magman007
12-15-2002, 10:52 AM
ok, first off, are you all babies? 3oz's is not that big of a deal! the x valve is nice, but why not keep your current retro?

Did you guys know, that the retro currently out is stronger than the xvalve? thats right! stainless steel is stronger than aluminum! what a shock!

your x-valve will strip out faster (in theory) than your old retro. The x-valve is not made to last as long, tom has even stated that.

IM just lettin you all know whats up. I plan to keep my ss retro. and i plan to display it proudly in my SFL

JT2002
12-15-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by TheJester
yea, i did a short series of threads about this last week after i called AGD about it. they plan to retail for 325 (225 w/ trade in of the A.I.R. valve)and they were held up a couple weeks because Tom didn't like the ano job that was done on them, so he sent them back to get redone, and i was told 1-2 weeks for a release, so that's either some time this week, or some time x-mas week, hope that helps, if not, you can pm me or what ever, i gathered alot of info on them, or you can do a search for x-valve, i have 2 threads, here's the link to the better of the 2

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59569&highlight=xvalve

and the other i believe is called just x-valve info, but both are very informative (the link is the one after i called them, the one descrided here for the search is the post i posted before i called, just to see who all was interested, see if i should be selfish and keep the info to myself, i wasn't obviously)

wow, the owner sending back valves cause he personally didn't like the anno job? now thats quality at its finest. cause thankfully tom thinks theres only one way for something to be.... Perfect. :D cant wait for them x valves, now ill save $$$ since i wont be getting retro

and magman, if you take good care of it then it should last close to as long anyways. anything that ppl say will break quick will last much longer just by taking excellent care of it
JT

magnj
12-15-2002, 11:23 AM
im sure if its AGD its quality, I have no worries of it ever breaking, besides the retro I have now is a pos, I hope they have retro to Xvalve trade ins.

Kevmag
12-15-2002, 11:28 AM
For orginal, black E-Mag owners, this valve starts to make sense to lighten the setup when included with the ULE rail, ULE grip frame, and the X-Valve. Should save around 8oz (.5 lbs). That seems like a good amount of weight.

magman007
12-15-2002, 12:03 PM
that is true, but, the x-valve should come after the rail and gripframe. For other maggers, it cant be that bad, as thier setups are lighter than the e-mags

As for the quality? ask mango, he ahd xmag 10 i believe, he said that after normal use, he could see wear near the air fittings and the strip screw. and mango takes care of his stuff.

Just letting you all know

TheJester
12-15-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by rdb123
Well, I guess my basic question was if the only difference between the x-valve and the retrovalve is that the x-valve is made out of aluminum and no other new features or advancements like a faster recharge rate or something.

-Ron

they have a lvl 10 bolt installed in them already...also, if you want to know anything about releases and prices and stuff (last i checked it was the post right above this 1, but by me replying, it will prolly throw that off) check out the thread on (un)offical x-valve info, that has alot of good info

magnj
12-15-2002, 06:11 PM
man i realy wanna know how much, its either this or buy a level 10 out rite.

rdb123
12-15-2002, 06:12 PM
Well, if you have a retro valve, just buy the level10 unless the 2oz so less of weight the x-valve gives you really appeals to you....

-Ron

JT2002
12-15-2002, 06:13 PM
its sucks when parents wont let you buy upgrades for your "older" gun :mad: :(