PDA

View Full Version : an air question

SBS_Piper
12-12-2002, 03:53 AM
Hiya

I have a mag with a Retro Valve and a level10 bolt and I have a question about air usage, which I was hoping someone could clear up for me. I must say at this point I am not to hot on the technical side of air usage.

I have a 1.1ltr 3000psi tank with a flatlinereg on it.

When I fill the tank and test fire I get about 550 shots before it stops. My questions are these!

If I fire it with paint in will this number of shots go up?
If so why? I am stuggling to work out why. Surely the same amount of air is going into the gun, whether it pushes a ball out or not.

And the main one, what can I do to improve air usage?

Sorry to sound like a pleb, but it has me stumped.

Also when I fire it I can bounce the trigger so it just continues to fire. I believe for tournies this is not good. I have tried dropping the input pressure on the flatline, but it keeps doing it, so I drop some more. Then the gun stops firing. Could this be related to my high air consumption?

Thanks a million guys and gals

xen_100
12-13-2002, 04:27 PM
I am not sure how many CI a 1 liter tank is, but assuming it is hte 68CI variety, that is pretty normal.

and you are right, with the mag each shot is exactly the same volume of air with or without paint. there is really nothing that can be done to improve air usage. just make sure you are using the biggest carrier that doesn't leak.

if you need more than 550 shots per game, you will have to go to a larger tank, or a 4500PSI one.

SBS_Piper
12-16-2002, 05:01 AM
Thanks,

Took it out on Sunday and put it over the crono again, it had shot up to 360bps. Dialled it back down to 280 played, and got over 800 shots.

Looks like that might have not helped.

Ho Hum

Thanks Again,

And have a great Christmas