PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting a 2003 Bushmaster w/ PDS

Shirow
12-12-2002, 09:54 AM
I'm considering picking up a Bushmaster to play with (one of the new ones.) I'm currently running a retromag and just want something else to play with

Can anyone give me some impartial advice on this marker? How hard is it to troubleshoot problems with it, how reliable, what needs replacing on it out of the box.. any recommended upgrades? I keep hearing about 'vapor mods' but I don't know if these are for the 2003 model, or if they are really necessary.

Any info appreciated, thanks :)

ah137
12-12-2002, 09:57 AM
http://forums.paintballcity.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=30

Check here, Goldie and Tank know about everything when it comes to bushmasters.

Hills

Shirow
12-12-2002, 10:05 AM
What do you think of 'em?

demonguy8
12-12-2002, 11:18 AM
I think my RTpro Package (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55546) is getting sold so that I may purchase one :D

and YES I LOVE SHAMELESSLY ADVERTISING :D

EDIT: The new bushy actually is the reason I am selling it tho... I mean its basically gz-timmy at 1/2 price.. sounds good to me

Shirow
12-12-2002, 11:19 AM
>:0

Automaggin2
12-12-2002, 03:15 PM
the new bushmasters are very ver nice. The new trigger frame is a huge step up from there old one, i belive it has 4 point adjustments on it. The gun is lower in size and has a new reg and decent stock barrel. I highly reccomend this gun, you dont need to upgrade anything. The stock bolt is very good.

EsPo
12-12-2002, 03:23 PM
dude, these things are soooo sexy looking, they have an anti chop system, and a verrrry short trig pull. i was gonna get one, but no one bought my mag. good luck, hope ya have fun with it.

krafty
12-12-2002, 03:34 PM
New trigger frame is similar in adjustments to the IR3 frame. It has 3 pivot points (although getting your setscrew into the back retainer position is a pain), return spring tension adjustment, microswitch engage-point adjustment, and trigger stop adjustment. Very little side-to-side play (less than the intelliframe IMHO) and even the $.03 APP grip panels aren't too bad.

Dye stickies fit, but it's a stretch.

I like the blade trigger, but I almost want a grooved trigger. Don't know why, but I have a feeling this blade thing is just a fad. (Then again, I said centerfeed was going to be a fad. :) )

Shirow
12-12-2002, 07:03 PM
Maybe I'll pick up a red one then, just to play around with for a bit... if it sucks, I will kill you all! What's the efficiency like on 'em? I'd almost like to run a little 45/4500 tank on it or something..

dcmander
12-12-2002, 07:47 PM
Don't hesitate, they are real good! I had a sonic bushy (990$) and if the 2k3s and new PDS (i love the slant eye covers intead of the old, blocky ones) i would have saved myself 400$ and a huge headache and gotten the 2k3!

It rocks!

Bolt is delrin, best bolt made for the bushy (if it fits your top bore, you will have minimal blowback, if not, only upgrade i recommend is an oring bolt from tank@tantrum or goldie@vaporworks... goldies is cheaper.)

Barrels pretty good, may want to replace if it doesn't shoot good for you. Trigger frame is huge improvement..LPR is fine, HPR is real good. Just a nice tank on that baby and it will run awesome for you.

Don't go crazy on upgrades (they have as many upgrades as mags, if not more) because they are really good stock!

Good luck.

Shirow
12-12-2002, 08:40 PM
So what is worth upgrading? Is it worth upgrading the bolt anyway? Anything else, the reg, anything? I'll probably run it on a 850psi output crossfire.

dcmander
12-12-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Shirow
So what is worth upgrading? Is it worth upgrading the bolt anyway? Anything else, the reg, anything? I'll probably run it on a 850psi output crossfire.

Did you not believe me the first time? :) :D You don't need to upgrade anything!! :D It is a great gun stock.

DONT UPGRADE THE BOLT ENLESS IT DOESN'T FIT YOUR TOP BORE AND YOU HAVE BAD BLOWBACK. If you do, pick up a 20$ bolt off goldie at vaporworks.net .. It is an oring bolt and although it isn't the best quality, he has great service and will replace it if it cracks. Plus, he lives in Kansas just like me ;)

The only thing I would say upgrade is that bolt if you have badblowback (like, if it pushes the paintball up out of the feedtube) or the barrel, if it doesn't fit your paint.

Otherwise, its a pretty dang good 600$ electro :D

AcemanPB
12-12-2002, 10:51 PM
I've been loooking at getting one of these also, but I want to see one in person, because from all the online pictures I don't really like the milling at all. But I said the same thing with the AI imps until I got to hold one in person :) .

You can't really beat the price considering what all you are getting.

einhander619
12-13-2002, 02:12 AM
Refer to the sig. I can't wait to get mine, I bet they are gonna be REALLY popular! Have you guys heard about the IR3-style frame for bushies this company is making? They have them for 'pulses right now, but one for the bushie is in the works, of course if they don't get sued first!

Here's the link: http://www.offthebreak.com

Shirow
12-13-2002, 09:06 AM
Did you not believe me the first time? You don't need to upgrade anything!! It is a great gun stock.

LOL, ok, I believe you.. so you are saying none of the upgrades at vaporworks or tantrum are worth getting unless your gun is screwy out of the box? Guess it's going to be a (relatively speaking) cheap gun then.. just wanna get one cocker threaded so I can buy an X-mag transferable barrel kit for it :)

TNS2k2
12-13-2002, 09:51 AM
I like the 2k3 BM. I thought they looked alot better then any previous ones. And the addition of PDS, or ACE or whatever they call it...(Please Dont Shoot?) I would just call it CNA, (chopping never again) or something.

Shirow
12-13-2002, 10:23 AM
The only problem I see with them is that all I see is high rises, and I'd want to put my warp on mine.. does anyone know a way other than sawing the feed tube to get a warp on one?

covadsucks
12-13-2002, 12:22 PM
The Feedneck screws on and off. Call Pro Team products or Vaporworks to see if you can get a vertical adaptor that will thread in instead of the stock feedneck. Otherwise you can always pick up an NW feedneck lowrise with the o-ring retention system in it.

Shirow
12-13-2002, 03:27 PM
Anyone know what kind of efficiency you get on a stock 2003 bushy?

Automaggin2
12-13-2002, 03:38 PM
gas effieciency is standard. Id say probably 800 shots froma 68/3k, give or a take a few

Goldie D Pimp
12-13-2002, 09:06 PM
I've got some things that work really great for warps. It seems someone on here had bought one for their bushy from me.

I'll see if I can dig up a pic.

If you have any questions feel free to email me.

Shirow
12-13-2002, 09:29 PM
Cool Goldie, thanks. I'll probably drop you an email soon!