PDA

View Full Version : SKYBALL AO Meet - Need your Feedback

JLove
12-12-2002, 11:33 AM
Discussions are underway about an AO meet at Skyball. I have been to all 5 Skyballs, and I think this would be a great way to meet AO'ers in a relaxed environment after a day of play.

Some ideas are:

- Meet at the Hard Rock
- Meet a local Restaurant like Wayne Gretzky's
- Get a meeting room or hospitality suite at the hotel

I am pretty sure that Tom Kaye will be there, he told me once that he is going.

If we spring to get a hospitality suite (so you can bring your guns for all to see and whatnot), then it would be a good idea to make sure we are checking people at the door.

Ideas? Thoughts? Lets make this happen!

Creative Mayhem
12-12-2002, 11:43 AM
I think its a great idea! :D

I am indifferent to where we go, but keep in mind Hard Rock is kind of small, and will be busy with all the games going on. Besides, you're coming all the way up here to just stay in the 'dome? Get out and enjoy all that Toronto has to offer, like great bars(Gretzky's), clubs and other entertainment *cough* *cough*;):D

So lets hear what you have to say AO!!

C Mayhem

JLove
12-12-2002, 12:12 PM
I just got an e-mail from Tom Kaye that says that he has another committment for the same dates as Skyball. I would still like to do some kind of get-together. Anyone else?

Creative Mayhem
12-12-2002, 12:27 PM
Like I said before I'm already there... no questions. Just tell me when and where.

CM

TNS2k2
12-12-2002, 01:56 PM
I'm in. I hear that there will be games after the tourney on the fields, so that may mean that we can make it an AO day, after the tourney too. I cant make it to a BIG bar, like with ID as i am only 17.... But if the Gretzky is like a grill/bar like Don Cherries... I am in too.

JLove
12-12-2002, 03:22 PM
Here is the place I like to eat, a block or two from the stadium:

http://www.gretzkys.com/restaurant.html

kevdupuis
12-12-2002, 07:56 PM
My wife and I are there. Our room is already booked.

Gretzky's sounds ok ,(lunch meeting?).

Quiet
12-13-2002, 11:15 AM
I'm in.
This is the first year that I'm gonna be in the country during skyball....I'm so excited:D

Strider
12-13-2002, 01:32 PM
I'm there. We need to try to hold it durring off hours do remember...

Either place will do for me.

Crimson_Turkey
12-13-2002, 02:12 PM
What is the date of skyball? I might be able to make it.

JLove
12-13-2002, 03:46 PM
www.zapskyball.com

tazman
12-13-2002, 08:53 PM
I will be there just tell me where and when.

omni
12-13-2002, 09:29 PM
humm www.skyball.com doesn't work *wink**wink /me looks at JLove

YA sounds good, I'll probably be there at Skyball :D
What ever is good for me.

Try not to make it at any Bar's/clubs because some people might not be able to get in, if its got a bar thats cool :D

Food is Yummy
12-13-2002, 10:34 PM
o boy i wish i could go...but seeing im only a freshamn in HS i doubt my parents would let me go out of the country to meet people i only kno online...lol...wish i could go...mebe when i get older :D

Creative Mayhem
12-17-2002, 07:15 AM
Up for more opinions... or are you guy not interested in a AO meet?

HEre the other threads that revolve around Skyball

Skyball threads (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59399&highlight=skyball)

Please note: there are links to other threads inside this one

CM

Strider
12-17-2002, 10:06 AM
I think there is interest, just need someone to take the reins. ;)

mykroft
12-17-2002, 10:51 AM
I'll be there yet again,

But then again I am a local.

Temo Vryce
12-17-2002, 12:39 PM
Well as one of the people that attended the meet last year, well this year I guess. I would like to say that it was fun meeting those that did attend. On the Marker Show and Tell issue. I can say that there was atleast one marker in the Hard Rock when we met and the staff there didn't seem to have a problem. Drizit was the one who brought it I believe. I for one would love to come down again and hang out with you guys. It's unfotunate that Tom won't be able to make it again but hopefully AGD will be able to have a booth set up there.

As for games being played on the fields after the tourny, well I think that your chances of that happening are slim and none, and slim just left town. They had the fields striped down in under an hour at the last one. The tourny was aloted "X" ammount of time to host the event and get cleaned up and out. It could still happen but I don't think you should get your hopes up about it.

circus5
12-17-2002, 08:55 PM
I was at Skyball last year and ate at Gretzgy's while I was in Toronto. It was kinda expensive (of course i'm a broke college kid whose only job is weekend reffing). And the food wasn't anything special. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent restaruant (SP) but i just don't recal it being worth the money. that being said, count me in regardless of where we do whatever it is we will do.