PDA

View Full Version : This is a cocker right?

warpfeedmod
12-12-2002, 01:23 PM
THen how come they don't say that anywhere?

Marker (http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/010-9150.html)

oldsoldier
12-12-2002, 01:26 PM
This, and the other one, look like clones of other markers. I dont know if they actually use the other bodies, but it looks like they copied them, at the very least.

Mr. T!
12-12-2002, 01:31 PM
They are cockers, but the don't use the name so they don't get sued by Orr if they don't use his bodies. If they use his bodies, then they can call them cockers, if they make thier own bodes, they can;t call them cockers.

ChucktheMAGician
12-12-2002, 01:33 PM
The front block is setup a little different, probably just enough changes on the gun so they wouldn't get into copyright trouble!

xen_100
12-12-2002, 01:42 PM
the guns themselves shoot really nice. very quiet and all the acuracy you've come to expect from a cocker type gun.

but the company is full posers. they copy the autococker, but dont call it "autococker" fine, they want to avoid being suied, etc. so they come up with a new name "vengance" sounds alot like the "revenge" that splatt attack has had out for about 4 years now. cant they come up with something of thier own at all????

Automaggin2
12-12-2002, 03:07 PM
A friend of mine, who owns a shop, is a dealer for these guns, and they are VERY nice for the money. The pneumatics are very nice, when they first came out they had very few problems. The only 2 problems he saw was leaky 3 way (which was fixed) and a problem with the twist lock bolt (also fixed, if you get a gun with it, you can just call systemx and they will send you a new back block with pull pin). Those are the older vengeances, there are new ones called 2.0s, www.xenterprises.info .

The barrel that on these is very good, they shoot like boomsticks. The LPR is a little differnt then most cockers, because it acts as a screw for the front block and a lpr.

EsPo
12-12-2002, 03:32 PM
well, i didnt see anyone say this yet so,

they are system x vengence "pro" cockers the vengence "base" cocker is like almost the same, but without a "nice" barrel, no 15* vert, and less milling/ano. its like an all system x cocker.

i was looking into buying the base version before, i found one for 350 on pbn, and they are 425 brand new.

halB
12-12-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by ChucktheMAGician
The front block is setup a little different, probably just enough changes on the gun so they wouldn't get into copyright trouble!

itd be funny if orr tried to sue anyone over that, he only stole the 4 ways from palmer

krafty
12-12-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by halB
itd be funny if orr tried to sue anyone over that, he only stole the 4 ways from palmer

No theft occurred. Bud had Glenn's blessing from what I understand. Palmer guns and WORR guns aren't quite the same, but were developed around the same time.

eric
12-12-2002, 05:19 PM
Saw one of these a few weeks ago.
IT was about 15 degrees out and EVERYBODY was chopping but this guy and me(once i realized there was paint on my hopper eye). It was a VERY nice marker, solidly built, really quiet, and he had nothing but praise for em.

Ov3rmind
12-12-2002, 06:17 PM
I had a chance to shoot a base model (my local shop sells the base and "pro models"). They are very nice for the price, very nice indeed. I'm not incredibly fond of their hinge (I like pretty much any other hing better), but for the price it's pretty great. The pneus, like many aftermarket pneus, weren't incredibly advantageous over WGP's from what I can tell, but they certainly didn't suck. At this point though, I'd tell people to buy a stock 2K3 Cocker and a Palmer LPR for about the same price.

FutureMagOwner
12-12-2002, 07:04 PM
erm they are called vengence just like free flows are called free flows, and evolutions are called evolutions, like merlins are called merlins and so on

Daroach
12-12-2002, 07:07 PM
ugh, that cocker is fugly, and a bit pricy

xen_100
12-12-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
erm they are called vengence just like free flows are called free flows, and evolutions are called evolutions, like merlins are called merlins and so on

great bit of insite there....college grad?

my point was, that they obviously copied everything, including the name of their gun. it is a good gun at a good price, but not at all original.

warpfeedmod
12-12-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by xen_100

great bit of insite there....college grad?

my point was, that they obviously copied everything, including the name of their gun. it is a good gun at a good price, but not at all original.

my point exactly. They dont' actually come out and call it a "Vengence Cocker" In fact I don't see "cocker" anywhere in their descriptions. I was just wondering if they could get into trouble for doing that (esentially copying a cocker with a diff. name) but then again pretty much everyone did it with the spyder clones so I guess not.