PDA

View Full Version : everyone copies agd

Wc Keep
12-12-2002, 03:54 PM
i found this thread on pbn in the spyder forum.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=160102

i have to say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

Remington
12-12-2002, 04:05 PM
"Project LX" HA! Jerk! NO ONE can beat AGD! NO ONE! Sorry I had to vent a little after reading that. :D

magman007
12-12-2002, 04:05 PM
well thats just... wierd.. did i mention wrong? horribly horribly wrong? calling theirt bolt kit THe lx even after we coined it? did any one copyright the name by any chance?

Wc Keep
12-12-2002, 04:07 PM
im just hoping tom doesnt get screwed out of this genius idea like he was out of the powerfeed.

digitard
12-12-2002, 04:27 PM
yeah its messed they're doing that ... but it just says one thing.

<b>2003 IS THE YEAR OF THE MAG BABY</b>

Since the release of the Lvl10 and the hype on the XMag AGD is about to take the paintball world by storm ...

darklord
12-12-2002, 05:45 PM
Boo! Boo spyders! Why would you even bother spending money for that for a spyder? Ridiculous! Now let's all laugh at "Project LX" :D

edit: oh and by the way, what the hell were the other levels for a spyder, if they claim this is their "level 10", I mean, if they're gonna copy, can't they at least come up with an original name?

Schnitzel
12-12-2002, 06:08 PM
they could add to all their spyders, and come up with a completely new name because they changed one part in it....oh wait, they already do that.:rolleyes:

rdb123
12-12-2002, 06:14 PM
Lol that's too funny! :cool:

-Ron

Evil Bob
12-12-2002, 06:26 PM
Gents relax, no sense getting all bent out of shape over something so trivial "its a LX bolt". Let them call their bolt what they want.

Everyone under the sun has a power feed, do you see Tom demanding satisfaction from each and every one of the marker manufacturers producing products with his innovations on it? No. How about everyone designing and manufacturing "constant air" devices? Again, no. And why is that? Tom believes it is for the good of the paintball that such innovations are shared.

Be happy that this guy got some inspiration from an idea that was pure genius (the AGD L10 bolt) and created something that may or may not be successful for the Spyder line. As long as paintball in general improves and we get more people playing the sport, we all benefit.

Magman007 - you really should stop posting over at PBN, you come across as being openly hostile half the time, let them have their little fantasy world, you'll never be able to talk any sense into them. You also definitely need to switch to decaf.

-Evil Bob

halB
12-12-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by magman007
well thats just... wierd.. did i mention wrong? horribly horribly wrong? calling theirt bolt kit THe lx even after we coined it? did any one copyright the name by any chance?

insult not this bolt. have you even tried it or read about it? its absolutely nothing like LX, and we have used the name to merely draw a comparison between their abilities, namely no chopping. and a spyder is basically a mag backwards, im not saying its as high quality, i acknowledge that spyders have their problems, but its not too far off from a mag.

WhyIsItUpsideDown?
12-12-2002, 06:37 PM
Don't you think you people are over reacting a bit, its making AO people look like a bunch of jerks IMO. You just grill the subject over and over. So what if they call it LX? Next thing you know all mechanical chopping devices will be called LX is it so wrong? Oh yeah that coca cola comparison who ever made, ummm they are two different guns and its not going to cut in on AGD's sales.

Now onto the bolt, I think its a great idea kinda copies that autococker bolt that has the same concept just on a spyder for the people who cant afford a mag or cocker.

toymyster
12-12-2002, 06:42 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I find it quite entertaining!!! Immitation after all, is the highest form of flattery!!

Food is Yummy
12-12-2002, 07:35 PM
hey i also found another thing copied from AGD...the z-grip on a spyder....it was nice and i have nothing against spyder as i own one myself...not bad beginnier guns actaully... well i'll try n find the link for all of you to see.

rikkter
12-12-2002, 07:45 PM
i agree with evil bob. the only problem i could see with it is people who are new to paintball and POSSIBLY online websites that sell products, when someoen goes to throw it in your box and gets them mixed up.
other than that, any person who is actually into paintball and going to upgrade their gun, should know ABOUT it and what fits and doesn't. like a spyder bolt in a automag. i mean, its just a name. so they grabbed the name.

coke and pepsi grabbed the same can! :eek:

:p