PDA

View Full Version : 888paintball

CBlackjr
12-12-2002, 04:08 PM
has anyone ever shopped their before. I just ordered a simple foregrip extension and shipped it ups ground the problem is they charged me 14 bucks. So that already brought and overpriced 27 dollar item to 44 dollars wtf. I been purchasing alot of stuff through www.actionvillage.com , www.paintball-online.com and www.airgun.com and none of them evercharged me that much for shipping for items that where twice that size. Is this normal for them or is it just me thats getting shaffted

Wc Keep
12-12-2002, 04:10 PM
i used to use 888paintball. when i used to get stuff from there they would charge me 5 bucks shipping and it was 2-3 day shipping. i dont know i think it might be because of your location and the type of speediness of the shipping that you got charged so much.

56kSomeGuy
12-12-2002, 04:24 PM
I just ordered a 88/45 corssfire from them and also i got a free jersey and the shipping was only 7 dollars. Maybe you should call them up again to check on that shipping or maybe you selected a faster shipping service but the regular price for their shipping is about 7 dollars(i have ordered several things from them and shipping never cost above 7 dollars)

The Frymarker
12-12-2002, 04:27 PM
Well I know that I have had a bad experience with them. Everything I ordered was wrong when I tried to call them back they put me on hold for a half an hour. I hung up and called agin then they kept passing me back and forth until I gave up.

I will never buy from them again.

CBlackjr
12-12-2002, 04:27 PM
called they said it was ups ground. This was about 5 mintues after i place the order. I also called to cancel it since i didn't want it shipped to my billing address (going to my hometown for 3 weeks and they only ship to the billing address) and they said they couldn't do anything

Kevmaster
12-12-2002, 04:33 PM
being "in" the industry, i see a lot of things. One thign is that 95% of the items at 888 are there for one reason: they are blemished. 888 gets the blemished items from NPS NJ that they cant/wont sell to their dealers. they unload them at 888pb. sad? yes. but damn, its a great idea...

FalconGuy016
12-12-2002, 04:35 PM
anyone can cancel an order... especially if you just did it

CBlackjr
12-12-2002, 04:46 PM
thats what i thouhgt but the guy on the phone said he could do anything I gonna call again later

Me
12-12-2002, 05:18 PM
wait...888paintball sells stuff that doesnt pass quality inspection? dont they have to tell you that b4 u buy there?is that leagal?

56kSomeGuy
12-12-2002, 06:11 PM
Are you sure that is right kev? I have brought several things from them and thoes items seem to be working flawlessly with no blemishes such as my v-morph(don't want this to crack), 68/3000 crossfire(hope it does not blow up), a couple of my tippy parts(rt, flatline), cocker barrels, ect..
In my opinion i still think 888paintball is still the best place i have ordered stuff at yet, not only do they have decent up to date prices but they also give a bunch of free stuff with your orders such as stickers, barrel condoms, t-shirts, jerseys, ect.

Me
12-12-2002, 06:13 PM
where did u get mr.humpey?

56kSomeGuy
12-12-2002, 06:17 PM
I found humpy on some one elses sig in pbreview.

minimag187
12-12-2002, 06:31 PM
I got my ir3 from there and its just fine. I also got my old rtpro from them. Both fine.

Kevmaster
12-12-2002, 06:32 PM
56, ME

the items work perfectly, but 95% will have cosmetic flaws. i heard this back in 00--from a NPS Sales Rep--, so things may have changed since then, but it was founded to allow NPS to make some more money on items they dont want to sell to dealers because there is a small imperfection in the cosmetics

Me
12-12-2002, 06:41 PM
shouldnt they tell people when they do that?
its still the same prices as paintballgear.com

Kevmaster
12-12-2002, 07:59 PM
honestly, if they told you that, would you order there?

Spray Painter
12-12-2002, 08:15 PM
well then shouldn't they sell their stuff for less?

i also hope those orings i have got from them don't have problems;)

Kevmaster
12-12-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Spray Painter
well then shouldn't they sell their stuff for less?

exactly. they sell them WAY below the MSRP of NPS NJ and JUST above (sometimes below) the wholesale price of NPS NJ

Me
12-12-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by kevmaster
honestly, if they told you that, would you order there?
I think it'd be illigal for them to sell damaged goods to the public w/o telling them 1st

Kevmaster
12-12-2002, 08:54 PM
i suppose its not

Mossman
12-12-2002, 08:58 PM
I dunno about the blemed goods thing...the only thing i ever bought from em was my first tippy probably 2 years ago (around '00 when u heard this kev), and it was sealed in box. Lots of stuff is packaged by the manufacturer and cant be checked and tampered with easily.
Anyhow, all 32* stuff is broken before it leaves the factory, so it guess it holds water with their own parts :)

Also dude, dont be a moron and whine about it here, it tells u how much its gonna charge you for shipping before you give your credit card #.

Wc Keep
12-12-2002, 09:55 PM
i was hanging out at my local pro shop one day and the owner works with 888 on their angels. he gets the angels sent to him from 888 that dont work. i was there one day and a customer walked in with an angel bought from 888 and the board on it was fried and all the screws were stripped. he was sold a used angel from 888.

The Frymarker
12-13-2002, 07:39 AM
Really there should be a law because these items are not toys and even the simpleset of toys has to pass inspection before sold to the public.

Wow thanks Kev for the insight. I guess when it comes down to it, if something breaks and you get hurt I guess there are two companies you can sue.

Oregon_pb_
12-13-2002, 08:32 AM
Simply put *listen up* if NPS has anything to do with the item/company, don't buy it. You'll save yourself alot of grief. Sure some people save $5, but others get ripped $10.

Oregon_pb_
12-13-2002, 08:34 AM
and don't tell me NPS is just fine, its 888 paintball that is bad. 888 paintball is owned by NPS i believe, and they support it, so there just as bad.

Kevmaster
12-13-2002, 10:44 AM
i dont know if Gino TECHINCALLLY owns 888, but he is VERY TIGHT with them. they may as well be owned by NPS. i personalyly deal with PI of SC and couldnt be happier

Kevmaster
12-13-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by The Frymarker
Really there should be a law because these items are not toys and even the simpleset of toys has to pass inspection before sold to the public.

Wow thanks Kev for the insight. I guess when it comes down to it, if something breaks and you get hurt I guess there are two companies you can sue.

Heather, im not sure what im saying about suing people...they are perfect internally. they work just fine, no problems mechanically, they just have like a scratch, or an imperfect anno job, etc

The Frymarker
12-13-2002, 11:43 AM
Well a scratch or an imperfect anno job is one thing but if you are paying for something that requires safety checks and doesn't pass inspection that is a whole other story. They should have to disclose that information.

So point taken Kev, after seeing this thread and having bought from them in the past I would be leary to do it again.

Kevmaster
12-13-2002, 02:06 PM
yeh. saftey wise, i assume they work perfectly fine...just as well as someting you buy at the local store

but cosmetically, the premice of 888 is to "dump" the items on the market at a cheap price as opposed to the dealers