PDA

View Full Version : **official** spplat attack dvd review thread!!!

yeahthatsme
12-12-2002, 08:13 PM
ok, i know lots of you have your dvd's and you must have watched them by now so how are they? which ao'ers have you seen? give us the low-down!!!! i'm ordering mine soon. thanks all.

Me
12-12-2002, 08:50 PM
where can we order them?

magking1971
12-12-2002, 10:05 PM
To much cussing on the DVD:mad:

Army
12-12-2002, 10:36 PM
Yes, too much poor word choice was captured by the tape, and not edited out.

Otherwise...cool vid! Mr. Shatner has a command presence I can only presume he learned as the Commander of a Federation Starship. He sure did his homework while a plebe at Starfleet Academy:D

Well done video's, always in the action. Well done editing, kept the "real time" flowing despite scenes taken from opposite sides of the field (radio communications between Tom and Mancow was edited to show both men talking in the same scene)

AA++, well worth the money. Better than any Push or Traumahead vid.

Tack
12-12-2002, 11:14 PM
Got mine today and watched it immediately. The movie of course is sided toward Shatner and the Federation but who cares. I can’t list all the AOers I saw on the field. I did get a kick of me standing there screaming at the rest of the Borg near the end of the battle to move out, I am also the one with the Skull on my Hopper slinging paint near the end of the movie.

All in all I really liked it. It gave me a perspective on parts of the day that I missed being re-generated, or fighting in a different area. It also gives me ideas for next year’s and some do’s and don’ts when it comes to team placement and tactics on the big field.

Hopefully next year, the Borg will be triumphant. We will learn from our mistakes and pray to the gods of paintball that the field we use will have enough air to actually fill our tanks instead of us having to run back every 100 shots because we are dry.

A word to all the field owners and players who work at a field. If you are wanting to get more people into the sport, take this movie along when you go to shows. Speed Ball tournament videos will get some attention, but when you add a well know celebrity, and a lot of colorful people, and uniforms in a scenario that everyone could sat down and understand, it will hook more people who would not understand tournament play.

bricsmi
12-13-2002, 11:20 AM
I would have liked to seen more battle scenes especially the final battle. Otherwise a very cool DVD. :)

wyn1370
12-13-2002, 11:37 AM
I'm still waiting on the DVD. But I watched the PPV on sunday. I just have to say that the Big Giant Head was flat out cheese.

the123
12-13-2002, 11:46 AM
Has anyone seen the DVD at a store near you??

digitard
12-13-2002, 12:13 PM
Apparently BEST BUY carries it ...

http://www.bestbuy.com/movies/productInfo.asp?m=270&e=11189059

Sincerely,
Dave K