PDA

View Full Version : AGD Flatline or Angel AIR?

rdb123
12-12-2002, 08:25 PM
Which tank for my SFL Emag? (price is of no concern)

Does the Flatline give the best performance since it was made for the Emag or what?

Thanks for you input!

-Ron

magman007
12-12-2002, 08:37 PM
flatline, its a higher out put tank, the angel airs struggle over 600 psi, go flatline

minimag187
12-12-2002, 08:41 PM
Flatline might work better for around 850 psi. Angel AIR's are made for bit lower pressure.

Rynoboy06
12-12-2002, 08:42 PM
The flatline is lighter, has an on-off switch, the same if not better performance, and a much lower price tag. The only aspect of the AIR that is special is the electronic gauges. I would expect the performance of the flatline to be better than that of the AIR - at least judging from the fact that the Air America regs, vigilante, messiah, etc, which are essentially the same as 'mag regs, blow the stock WDP angel reg out of the water. I also find the flatline better looking than the boxy AIR, but that choice is yours.

rdb123
12-12-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Rynoboy06
The flatline is lighter, has an on-off switch, the same if not better performance, and a much lower price tag. The only aspect of the AIR that is special is the electronic gauges. I would expect the performance of the flatline to be better than that of the AIR - at least judging from the fact that the Air America regs, vigilante, messiah, etc, which are essentially the same as 'mag regs, blow the stock WDP angel reg out of the water. I also find the flatline better looking than the boxy AIR, but that choice is yours.

Lol, cool. That's pretty funny because my friend who has an Air America says that AGD Flatlines kick the monkey biscuit (whoa.... did I just say that???)

-Ron

Pand0ra
12-13-2002, 08:13 AM
I've an AIR system on my emag C&C. It works, but if I had to do it again I would choose the flatline, or one of the new systems out there now.

As someone stated the AIR can't go higher than 900psi. The best efficiency is found at around 620psi, which is perfect for the mags, but remove all the reactivity from the retro valves.
I've also had problem when filling the empty bottle. The output psi starts to climb till the overpressure valve (this little piece of red plastic) starts to leak. I then needs to fire a few times my marker to settle the regulator and solve the problem (not funny to do in a Millennium, where 3 bottles are filled at the same time).

Also you can't shut down the regulator with an on/off, and the shot counter doesn't work reliably.

The AIR regulators are definitely not worth the money. They work well, but are too expensives (and damn heavy).

@++

Mr Pink
12-13-2002, 09:12 AM
Gotta be a flatline, approx half the Angel AIR's I've seen have had to fixed at some point, whereas the Flatlines just keep on rocking! :D

rdb123
12-13-2002, 11:52 AM
Ah alright cool.

That no on/off can be solved by setting the output to zero though.

Thanks

-Ron

12-13-2002, 09:53 PM
Depends how about a combo of Flatline reg and the Blue Lesbian angel air.

Functionality and lesbians ohhhh yeah.;)

blnk162
12-14-2002, 02:37 PM
eew neither, save your money get a 68/5000 pure energy, why would you want an adjustable on a mag anyway?

PsychoMag
12-14-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by blnk162
eew neither, save your money get a 68/5000 pure energy, why would you want an adjustable on a mag anyway?

Where did U come from...lol

I know several guys who got rid of their angel airs for inconsuistency, weight, lack of reliability

I have seen AIRs fluctuate as much as 10-12 fps short of the set fps, but I can say, I havfe never seen an AIR spike above a set pressure.

Dayspring
12-14-2002, 03:55 PM
You obviously don't have a retro valve... :rolleyes:

Creative Mayhem
12-14-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by 845
Depends how about a combo of Flatline reg and the Blue Lesbian angel air.

Functionality and lesbians ohhhh yeah.;)

I agree whole heartedly....:D

mmmmmm lesbians...:p

Umm yeah okay?

Short answer? - Reactive Trigger

Try looking it up..... you may learn something. Don't worry there aren't too many big word... ;)

C Mayhem