PDA

View Full Version : Good paintball pants?

FalconGuy016
12-12-2002, 09:31 PM
I was wondering what you guys reccommend for paintball pants... im basically pantless, my camo pants (real army ones) are too big at the waste and too small everywhere else, and I pretty much have no other pants. What do you guys wear? Do you wear paintball pants?

like <a href="http://store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1718_264816405">these?</a> I really like those but I have no idea if they are good or not :)

TippmannMan
12-12-2002, 09:43 PM
if you havent gotten paintball pants id highly recommend them as the next thing you buy. sorry im too lazy to run into the other room and check exactly what kind i have but i have some form of JT pants. tho im sure there are better ones now. my JT pants have detachable legs with reinforced knees, squeegee holsters and nifty pockets among other things. heck when the legs are detached i sometimes wear the shorts for casual wear. but seriously theyre really nice. the first time i put em on it felt like i was wearing nothing. now it feels like i am wearing something (i guess after ive worn em so long i got used to em) but anyhoo i thought id just share that random info. simply put theyre designed for the sport and look nice. nearly all paintball pants come in neutral colors so camo pants just dont cut it for me anymore.

edit: oh and btw i think paintball pants are much more useful than jerseys just in case youre deciding between the two

FalconGuy016
12-12-2002, 10:00 PM
lol thanks a lot, I really do need pants badly... I am a bit afraid of not being camo anymore :( I play a lot of woods

EsPo
12-12-2002, 10:07 PM
those are awfully ugly. a few too many .....things on there.

AcemanPB
12-12-2002, 10:42 PM
I ordered a pair of the new 2003 dye pants straight from DYE, and the called me up and said I would have to wait till febuary... :(

Army
12-12-2002, 10:45 PM
Pants are basically all made the same, of the same materials.

That being said, I really like the new series from Paintball Junkies. They have a lightweight version with sliders on the knees, that are really comfortable enough to wear to school and such. Elastic waistband with belt loops makes it fit and stay, the cuffs have cinch cords to keep the yucky's out of the legs. I bought a pair for Sarah and a pair for me. They also have tourney level pants, that are of a much heavier fabric, but still have padded sliders and butt. Price is VERY reasonable.

New company, NEXED, has a brightly colored series of pants and jerseys that are of the same slippery material, that is plenty heavy enough for tourney play. Don't know the prices though.

Phil
12-12-2002, 11:48 PM
Paying $70-$90 for paintball pants in insane. You can get a cool pair of cargo pants from old navy for $25. I wear camo pants because they are rugged and are $15 at the army surplus store(I don't care if people judge me by my attire).

phil

digitard
12-12-2002, 11:57 PM
I have a pair of zip/cargo's I picked up at Pacific Sunwear .... I normally play in shorts if they'll let me, otherwise I put on the legs.

Im going to pick up a pair of JT paints, yes they're overprices, yes they're ugly, but they're great for the sport and very durable.

SIncerely,
D ave

BlackVCG
12-13-2002, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Army
They have a lightweight version with sliders on the knees, that are really comfortable enough to wear to school and such.

What grade are you in now Army? 10th? :)

daveymag
12-13-2002, 03:01 AM
without a doubt the best paintball pants are Rase Chigos by SP. They are the most comfortable, and the most durable pants. And they aren't flashy and flaming like some of the other ones.

FESTUS33
12-13-2002, 04:23 AM
I've been using JT pant's of varying
yearly design's for about 7-8 years,
and I have yet to wear or rip a pair out.
So as far as cost go's I'd have to say ,
Ive gotten more than my money's worth.
Prior to that in the same amount of time,
I went through about 12 pr's of BDU cammies
and about 5 pr's of jean's. I'm real hard
on clothes of any sort, so this really
impresses me. I know Brass Eagle is a
BAD! word to most people, myself included
but I have to admit that this is one product
line they've bought and did'nt SCREW UP.
As far as they're not being camo I've never
noticed any problem, as long as you use
available cover and concealment correctly.
Remember MINIMUM TARGET AREA that's what
you let the other guy see.
Rick

megaman
12-13-2002, 04:50 AM
By far, the best pants are the Pj antrons. their heavy duty and come with padding

RamboPreacher
12-13-2002, 08:43 AM
I have some older JT canvas ones that are great, and the Hardline ones I have withthe special knees are very nice and heavy duty. I only have one pair of the new Dye pants:
http://paintball.com/photos/galleries/PanAm/LasVegas2002/misc/joust02.jpg
and they are nice, but since I am not very skinny, I am not very impressed with the velcro/snap waisband. :)

My alltime favorites are the black canvas Raven's. they were only, just okay, but after my sister (seamstress) cut them off and sewed in zippers (unzip for shorts) - these are my favorites!

If you don't have a seamstress option (I am pretty sure you can't get Ravens with the zipper-shorts option from Raven), and the old JT's arent' available anymore, and I don't think Hardline is around anymore either.

So, if you aren't old, bald, and fat, like me, you might really like the Dye pants. :)

TNS2k2
12-13-2002, 09:17 AM
I used JT pants, the Pro ones with the zip off pant legs, and i lost my pant legs, so after trying some Dye pants, i bought some of those.

Gutt
12-13-2002, 10:41 AM
Uh yeah...I guess I'm biased. I just had a pair sent to Troy of the AGD Lions to do a review on for this board. He should be receiving our top-of-the-line NX-Pro pant. This is for the serious tourney player who needs the best out of his equipment. It has heavy duty four-way stretch material placed in key stress zones to prevent tearing. It's also very generously cut with a fully adjustable velco waist. We also have the Driven and Fusion line of pant...they are more in line with the JT/Dye offering. They are all made of heavy duty nylon material and should wear well for most types of play.

All the pants that are put out by the manufacturers are (for the most part) well designed and well made for the paintball player. Just try some out and see what best suites your style and your play.

Darren

Mango
12-13-2002, 10:44 AM
By far the Redz pants are the most comfortable I've EVER worn.

The Dye pants are excellent also!!

xadamx
12-13-2002, 11:01 AM
i don think ive every played in pants. GO WITH KAKI SHORTS!!! they are... well kaki. haha i think i need to go pick up some pbpants

TheTramp
12-13-2002, 11:08 AM
I wear the JT denim cargo pants. They were green when I got them but after the first wash the dye ran and the turned out more of a greenish brown. They've held up very well and have a peice of stretchy material in the crotch. This is good because I've completly riped the crotch out of a pair of BUDs sliding into a bunker.

oldsoldier
12-13-2002, 11:25 AM
I have a pair of Redz...They actually fit me! I am short and stocky, and these fit my short legs nicely. And, they have a nice sliding patch on the knees...that actually go high enough to slide.

the123
12-13-2002, 11:35 AM
FalconGuy016:
The JT pants that you showed us here in your first post I was waiting to get at World Cup, but good ole' Brass Eagle didn't come up with any. I turned to the Nexed pants. While they didn't have any to give me while at the tournament, I had mine shipped to my house.
They arrived this past monday. Black and Grey NX Pro pants.
I've fallen on love with them.. They are a VERY strong material that i'm sure you couldn't chew through. There are 4 pockets on each side for a total of 8, including my favorite pocket, the POD pocket. There are so many times during practice taht I only want to have 1 or 2 pods on me and do not feel like wearing a pack so i'll ususally put it in my pocket. Well sometimes that pod falls out or pops open helping me very little on the field.
I'll be wearing these pants on Sunday to practice to see how well they can take a beating. If they fail, you guys will be the first to hear.

flatacid
12-13-2002, 02:48 PM
i use jt pants. i like them. i kinda wish they had more knee support though. i would like to try the dye pants, since they look kool. and i know redz makes quality gear, but haven't seen any pants by them.

TippmannMan
12-13-2002, 02:50 PM
starting from the top.

FalconGuy016 no need to worry. i mean unless youre dedicated to hardcore concealment (camoflauge/ghillie/hopper covers etc) black pants are still pretty discreet.
I ordered a pair of the new 2003 dye pants straight from DYE, and the called me up and said I would have to wait till febuary... just a rule of thumb. i never order from the manufacturer. they charge the MSRP (obviously) :p and nearly 99% of the time the same good can be bought at a much MUCH cheaper price at other dealers.

and for that matter. even though the usual price of paintball pants may be ~$70. theres always a cheaper price somewhere. i got my jt paintball pants 1-2 years ago for $40 ($39.99 to be exact) with free overnight shipping from www.paintballarmory.com

Ironmag
12-13-2002, 04:26 PM
Animal Paintball has some pants out that are just truly awesome. As a matter of fact, they may be the most comfortable pair of pants that I own. Check them out at http://www.animalpaintball.com/Pants.htm They had alot of input into making these pants and are really durable, especially since they have reinforced knees. And they are not as expensive as the some other pants out there.

AcemanPB
12-13-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by TippmannMan
starting from the top.

just a rule of thumb. i never order from the manufacturer. they charge the MSRP (obviously) :p and nearly 99% of the time the same good can be bought at a much MUCH cheaper price at other dealers.

[/url]

Yeah I checked around and most places were not selling them for that much cheaper thean MSRP (maybe 5 less) and plus I figured DYE would have at least one pair of their own pants in stock.

I might cancel the order and go with the Nexxed(sp?) pants they sound like they are fairly decent, does anyone have anymore info/pics/price on them?

Gutt
12-13-2002, 05:16 PM
If you need any more info, just PM me and I can give you all the details you'd ever want!

Darren

Gutt
12-13-2002, 05:18 PM
If there's enough interest, I could establish an AO order with special price. Would have to be more than 1 pair at a time though.

However, I prefer that you deal with your local retail shop. If they don't have them...tell them to get in touch with me at [email protected].

Darren

rdb123
12-13-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
...What do you guys wear? Do you wear paintball pants?

I wear a pair of blue jeans with a longsleeve black top. Best part about those jeans is that you can take a shot to the family jewels and not really feel it because it's thick.

-Ron

Clare
12-13-2002, 06:34 PM
the Dye pants are extremely comfortable, I love mine. :D

EsPo
12-13-2002, 08:03 PM
goodwill, thats all i gotta say. and dont make fun of me, cause i get alot of my clothes there.

FalconGuy016
12-13-2002, 09:17 PM
thanks a lot guys, its very appreciated :) this is all VERY important to me *hugs thread close to chest while quickly finds pants to order*

thanks again

12-13-2002, 09:51 PM
Paintball Junkies Antron pants or Raven Pants. Both are extremely durable and comfortable.:)

sygyzy
12-13-2002, 11:22 PM
Animal Paintball all the way!