PDA

View Full Version : emag weight?

ffcocker
12-12-2002, 10:34 PM
what can be done to make an emag lighter without the ule and aluminum body? Are there anyone out there that has premilled body for sale i don't wanna buy one then mess it up and can't use it

Dayspring
12-12-2002, 11:20 PM
DO run Remote for the tank
DON'T use a stainless steel barrel
DON'T use a warp

That's about it though. The ULE and the X-Valve will be the only ways to REALLY cut the weight.

ffcocker
12-12-2002, 11:34 PM
k what is the x valve then
i see your from nj too where do u guys play at i play at del hobbies and roughneck

Dayspring
12-13-2002, 12:02 AM
X-Valve is an aluminum retro valve for the Mag. Run a search and you'll see all sorts of discussion on it.

As for where we (Black Cell) play- our home field is PBX in Sussex (who isn't open yet), but have been known to hit Fireball Mountain, Long Island Paintball Arena and Skirmish USA.

sneakyhacker420
12-14-2002, 10:09 PM
stick with the steel stock body, in the end it weighs the same as a larger body that is made out of aluminum

get an aluminum barrel (dye's and CP's are good)

get a small, fiber wrapped bottle 45/4500's are good (PMI's are lightest to my knoweledge)

a good drop foward stops it from being back heavy and makes it feel lighter and more balanced

last but not least, get the x-valve (alumium version of the ReTro)

warp does not add that much weight to your gun, and it helps alot... dont get a HALO - they are quite heavy, just get a WAS Turbo Rev (turbo rev board w/ vortex impeller), as it is light and feeds very fast