PDA

View Full Version : Attention Maryland, DC, and Virginia paintball players

snakestang
12-13-2002, 09:29 AM
Attention Maryland, DC, and Virginia paintball players. I am in the process of organizing an AO meet at our local field. I have a few questions that I need to have answered before I can get the go ahead from the owner. Keep in mind this will be an all day event.

What is your favorite brand/type of paint (for pricing purposes)?
When would be the best time to do this (ie. March, April, May)?
What is the best day for you? Saturday or Sunday?
Would it be better to-
A: BYOP, cheap all day air, and a nominal field fee? Or
B: Reasonable price on paint (must use field paint only), cheap all day air, and no field fee?
How much paint would you likely purchase if you choose B (again for pricing purposes)?

Some background on the fields. We currently have three netted speedball/hyperball fields. One of these fields is currently a Sup Air field and hopefully by the time this happens the there will be another Sup Air field making a total of four. There is a hyperball field made of drainage tubing, and a pallet/spool field. There are also two large woods courses which I have never set foot on but I hear that they are very woodsy... The fields are located in Waldorf, MD and I would say no more then an hour driving from most MD, DC, and VA locations. I am also going to see what I can do to get Outcast from Pevs to join us since they practice with our team sometimes.

So, with that I need some feedback on how many might be interested and the answers to the questions given above. Please feel free to post, PM me, or email me with questions. I will also be posting some info on our home forum at BaseOnePaintball (http://www.baseonepaintball.com)

Thanks

Major Ho
12-13-2002, 10:44 AM
Paint: Big ball, Team Colors (cheap stuff)
Time: Anytime, but late may if its May
Day: Saturday (recover on sunday;) )

Option A : If its option B some people will be picky about their paint.
Sounds like fun dude, count me in...

JLove
12-13-2002, 12:08 PM
If I am going to travel to an event, I am NOT going to shoot big ball. You should have that for the newbs, and a better premium brand (like Inferno) for the guys that demand a better ball.

BYOP with a field fee is fine too.

Ghost24
12-13-2002, 12:18 PM
Field fee and BYOP is my first choice. RobAGD had mention hosting an AO Day for the DC area in the springtime also.

snakestang
12-13-2002, 02:44 PM
It seems as though BYOP is going to be best for most and we will still have regular paint at the field if you forget yours or do not get it in time. Most of the paint prices are reasonable anyway so it should not matter a great deal. The main point was to see if everyone could agree on a particular type/brand and we would place a bulk order at a lower cost and pass that along.

Yes Ghost, I have heard the rumors of an AO meet at Pevs and would not step on any toes. Thus my planning well ahead of time. I am really trying to hammer out some numbers for the owner so he can get the pricing together.

What do you guys think a reasonable field fee is? Not including air.

Thanks

cledford
12-13-2002, 03:21 PM
Mike and Todd Pevervel (spelling?) are close with Tom and he's been to their annual "megasales" before.

RobAGD works at Pev's in fairfax. Pev's field is BYOP. The Pev's field is also the nicest I've been to in my time playing - although OA in MD is a close second.

Personally, I'd say Pev's is best suited to host and wouldn't be surprised if they sweetened it up a bit (with some freebies) - since they are the largest PB store chain in the US.

-Calvin

ogre55
12-13-2002, 04:11 PM
Never been to Pevsm but I have to second cledford's statement about OA. An excellant field. Oh and while I am a NYer my best friend lives in Westminster MD, so if this AO day comes through, I'll make every effort to be there.

Ogre

Bunny
12-13-2002, 04:20 PM
Maybe in Spring the new pevs feild will be up.:D

1stdeadeye
12-13-2002, 04:48 PM
My folks live in Bethesda, so put the dates up early! Those of us with family in the area can arrange to visit thatweekend. Saturday would be better, gotta drive home Sunday.

BYOP with field fee is the way to go, if we have to have FPO, then Midnight or Blaze.

Xerces
12-13-2002, 04:57 PM
i live in fairfax county, id rather go to pevs leesburg field then try to make my way to maryland.

Ghost24
12-13-2002, 05:02 PM
Hey Snakestang, I'll do both yours and Rob's. Two AO days would should how serious PB is in the DC area. Oh yeah, if we have to buy paint, then Blaze or Team Colors.

P.S. - I'm dying becuase of the wet weather around hear, I have not slung any paint in three weeks.

snakestang
12-13-2002, 05:34 PM
First of all I have never been to the new Pevs@AG so I do not know how things work there. I do know that all I am trying to accomplish here is have a cool get together with some people on AO.

If Rob can get Tom down to Pevs then I will be the first one in line. If I can not get a big interest in this then it will be scrapped and we will go on about our business.

Again, this is a get together (meet and greet) not an AGD sponsored event. I will leave that to Pevs and the gang.

Ghost if you are ever in the area drop me a line and maybe we can shoot some paint. That goes for anyone else as well.

Ghost24
12-14-2002, 01:55 PM
I will be sure to drop you a line aboout playing. I take it you play at Base One. I played at the old fields one time right before they moved. I have been looking forward to playing the new fields. I usually play OA in Bowie and AG in Leesburg. Look forward to meeting you. We will talk soon.

TippmannMan
12-14-2002, 03:45 PM
What is your favorite brand/type of paint (for pricing purposes)? diablo blaze
When would be the best time to do this (ie. March, April, May)? umm... december? if not then its hard to say i cant predict that far ahead.
What is the best day for you? Saturday or Sunday? saturday fo sure
Would it be better to-
A: BYOP, cheap all day air, and a nominal field fee? Or
B: Reasonable price on paint (must use field paint only), cheap all day air, and no field fee?
How much paint would you likely purchase if you choose B (again for pricing purposes)?

im all for it. out of all the fields around here i think pevs@ag would be the best.

and sorry i might be missing a lot (havent played since i got my e-mag which has been about two months). but i think the new field is pevs@ag. i previously thought there was going to be a completely new field but after playing there since the new ownership i think the idea is ag is being renovated and the name is pevs@ag.

KamikazeChiKenz
12-14-2002, 05:36 PM
BYOP

Major Ho
12-14-2002, 09:26 PM
Like i said, people are picky with their paint, hence option A. But if it WERE to be option B, i mentioned the cheap stuff to make it easier on peoples wallets.

TippmannMan
12-14-2002, 09:41 PM
what is the purpose of field paint anyhoo? is it so people dont bring staining paintballs or something?

Xerces
12-14-2002, 09:44 PM
its to assure that the field gets revenue from selling paint.

TippmannMan
12-14-2002, 10:43 PM
ah makes sense. never thought of that

Mossman
12-15-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by TippmannMan
ah makes sense. never thought of that

just to clarify, this is also why restaurant owners get mad when you sit down and eat your bag lunch and use their bathrooms :D