PDA

View Full Version : 12v Revvie or Ricochet...whaddaya prefer?

PsychoMag
08-29-2001, 05:12 AM
I play alot of tourneys, and my team keps getting bigger. The problem I have, is those darn hopper hits. One of my sponsors uses the Ricochet hopper, but I hear it is slower, and noisy. Whaddaya think, and prefer?

------------------
PsychoMag..."Dogger"
RTP00440, Benchmark Offset Adj. HPA Cradle, Pro-Connect, 12"AA, 12"DYE SS, 12"Boomie, 14"JJ Ceramic, 68/4500 NitroDuck Tuffy, 12Revvie, Warp.
Team ArchAngels
www.angelfire.com/extreme2/archangels"
No Skill, No Talent, All Heart" ~ Oh Pawlak

Gambit1106
08-29-2001, 06:36 AM
I use a revy now but I also pre ordered a Halo from www.nationalpb.com (http://www.nationalpb.com) so if you can wait go for that. Also look into a warp to get your hopper off your gun. I haven't heard much good about the ricochet but I haven't heard much.

Darren

PsychoMag
08-29-2001, 07:56 AM
The warp is ok...not much for my style, although I am looking for another one, The HALO, i heard was very big and bulky...i dunno...

------------------
PsychoMag..."Dogger"
RTP00440, Benchmark Offset Adj. HPA Cradle, Pro-Connect, 12"AA, 12"DYE SS, 12"Boomie, 14"JJ Ceramic, 68/4500 NitroDuck Tuffy, 12Revvie, Warp.
Team ArchAngels

FeelTheRT
08-29-2001, 09:01 AM
the Rico is defently worth it. I'd have to admit that it is louder than a Rev but what difference does that make? The paddles are flexable to avoid breaking balls in the hopper and the flat surfaces ricochet paint sometimes. It's also got a ball counter, timmer, ect.

Zumina
08-29-2001, 09:40 AM
Any post BE 12v hopper is slower than the richochet. I've seen and used both, and I could get enough funds together, I'd own the Rico. Why? It has a steady feed rate of 12 or 13 bps, the 12v supplies, on average, about 9 or 10 (post BE). Not to mention the fact that it also boasts a lot of cool and useful features. If only they would offer them in colors.......

Webmaster
08-29-2001, 09:49 AM
The Halo is SLIGHTLY larger than a standard REV - its benifits FAR out weigh the slight size increase!

------------------
Webmaster - AutoMags.Org
webmaster@automags.org

Weapon of Choice - "Mr. Orange" Orange/Yellow Fade E-Mag w/WarpFeed and 3000psi 88cui Flatline
----------------------
"Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of Darkness

BOOT
08-29-2001, 10:29 AM
I agree with the webby. The Halo is suppose to be out pretty soon and it's definitely something to look into.

Halo has a larger feed rate, and running off AA batteries it's suppose to have a better battery life.

Just my 2 cents

PsychoMag
08-29-2001, 10:58 AM
my sponsor can get me a 'HALO, but a buddy saw one and said it was the size of those old Indian sPrings 300 hoppers. He said it was noisy and jams easy...as far as the rico, i cahn scoop one up for $65 from one of my sponsors, I am thinkin of chrome or clear...also, my revvie is 12v, and is post BE.

Thanks for everyones input...I am going to investigate the HALO myself, since I believe the designer is the guy who made the original VL2000 Revvie that started it all

I am going to go for the rico for now...maybe youll see me sellin it in a few mos for $40 when the HALO finally hits

------------------
PsychoMag..."Dogger"
Team ArchAngels

Zumina
08-29-2001, 01:38 PM
Psycho, care to hook a fellow AO member up? Wink Wink Nudge Nudge

magman007
08-29-2001, 01:52 PM
the halo is by far the fastest thing ever thought of, and it by no means jams! You guys shoulda seen it keep up with the warp on an e-mag firng 16 bps. it never skipped a beat, it actually dug a hole in the ground! now that is some fast fire power! i wish there was a video if it! if i were you guys i would all invest in a halo, they are worth it!

------------------
you ever notice how elves do everyting???

PsychoMag
08-29-2001, 04:11 PM
magman...I am going to look into the HALO. I have a tourny Sept 30th, and want a new hopper for then...I did have the warp but dumped it for $100 cuz it was too bulky at the time...now I am considering a new one.

------------------
"You want a shot at the title?"
PsychoMag..."Dogger"
Team ArchAngels
No Skill, No Talent, Just Heart" ~ Oh Pawlak

blakesw
08-29-2001, 04:43 PM
Here's a good review of the Ric. by PballCanada.com
It's good, it's been recently revised because the ric got upgraded.

http://www.pballcanada.com/reviews.html

keeptrying56
08-29-2001, 08:27 PM
You guys should check out the posts on the Halo vs Rico on pbnation.com. There are numerous posts of Halo's actually chopping paint and other various problems with that hopper. On the other hand there are tones of posts praising the Rico. I personally just ordered the Rico so I will be able to tell you guys first hand how well it works. Check out the website for Ricochet2-k.com.

Allen
08-29-2001, 09:10 PM
Ricochet's now come in colors. I have not seen them anywhere, and my store knows nothing about them, but they sell them at the site above. They only use 1 9 volt for a promised 5000 paintballs. That outlasts my Rev by about 3000 shots! Plus it includes a game timer w/ alarm, reload warning w/ alarm, shot counter, true spin for every shot, a lever blocking blowback, and built in E-Mail. I'm not shure about the HALO, but with the amount of features the Ricoshet includes, the new Revolution with a polycarbonite body and a X-Board may have a hard time keeping up. The super strong poly-body may help it some...
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/xboard/index.shtml

------------------
"It dosen't matter if you're skinny, dosen't matter if you're fat, you can dress up as a sultan in your onion head hat!"
Cake, Title:Fasion Eagle CD:Fasion Eagle

BOOT
08-29-2001, 09:16 PM
I remember in one post I read that AGD made a few suggestions for the Halo. It was done and worked flawlessly (hence the 16 bps with warp attached).

Keep in mind AGD has looked and tested it personally and praised it!

The reports of chopping may be old.

We will have to wait and see I guess.....

PsychoMag
08-30-2001, 01:27 PM
heres what I found out...

yes the rico comes in colors, and I will be getting the clear Talking Demonic version.

the are green blue clear smoke black ...and yes for those of you who need that one extra part for your chrome bodies...they come in chrome

I understand now that the halo has a problem with breaking paint in the hopper..no go for me there i dont even want to take the chance. but on a good note the hopper when it hits the market can do 19bps with a board enhancement, it will hit 30bps...i found the review...see it on my website under reviews

------------------
PsychoMag..."Dogger"
Team ArchAngels

Ni cD
08-30-2001, 01:30 PM
I'm waiting for the HALO. Either that, or I'll get a Warp Feed and keep my Rev...choices...choices...WARP FEED WITH HALO ON TOP! http://www.automags.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

2000Sabre
08-30-2001, 05:24 PM
My first motorized hopper was a 12V Evolution. Worked OK for a while but quickly became a problem with parts breaking, etc I then moved to a 12V Revy. Worked great once but was constantly jamming on me the last time I tried using it. I've now moved on to the Ricochet. Haven't used on the field yet but have tried in my backyard. Seems to work OK but need some time with it before I'll have an opinion on it. I do like the built in ball counter and game timer.

I don't think that there's a hopper out there that doesn't have some short comings. In my opinion the 12V Revy is the defacto standard and the ricochet is the new kid on the block. I'm sure that when the Halo comes out it will do well because people don't like BE and the 12V Revy has it's share of problems. Go with your gut and try either one, if it doesn't work you can always try something else.

Arturus
08-30-2001, 05:29 PM
I know you think the Warp Feed is just "okay", but the main problem you mentioned were hopper hits.

Why not give it a try? Doesn't matter how fast a hopper can feed, or if it's noisy and whatnot - especially in tourneys. Why not give the warp feed a try and see if it can lower your profile enough to avoid those hopper hits?

Doesn't hurt to give it a chance. http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

Best thing you can do is look for someone at your local field with a warp feed mounted, and at least give it a try.

------------------
RT Pro - Chrome Powerfeed Right
Armageddon 68/4500
KAPP Chrome Apoc Drop Forward
12 vt Revolution
Lapco Aluminum Autospirit 12"

kman32
08-30-2001, 05:48 PM
well i have a ricochet and i love it! its pretty fast and a little loud but the ppl i have played with say they dont even notice it. well i would recommend the rico over the revy but i havent heard much about the halo...

Allen
08-30-2001, 06:41 PM
Me again, disproving crazy mis-information. I do not blame any of you, false information is very easy to believe. My brother has a Ricochet and I have a 12volt Warp. The Warp actually seem louder to me. This is not technical, but 3 people have done this little "test" with the same results. They were done independantly, with no-one knowing the other's results. Like I said, not scientific, but before saying one thing is different, louder, faster, less durable, and so on, be shure to try both things.
I personally want a Ricochet because of the single, long lasting battery. I also want one of the new Revolutions because of it's ultimate durability. (check this out-
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/xboard/index.shtml ) I never want my almost $100 investment to break, crack, or even scrach. I have a neoprene cover for my current rev, but it is not exactly the coolest looking thing (keeps the hopper clean).

------------------
"It dosen't matter if you're skinny, dosen't matter if you're fat, you can dress up as a sultan in your onion head hat!"
Cake, Title:Fasion Eagle CD:Fasion Eagle

dansim
08-30-2001, 06:42 PM
where can i get a rico in colors?

PsychoMag
08-30-2001, 09:32 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dansim:
where can i get a rico in colors?</font>

I know that they will be available at RoughneckPaintball.com

If you live in the Jerseey area, they will have them at the field on sept 9th

------------------
PsychoMag..."Dogger"
Team ArchAngels

Monsta
08-30-2001, 09:36 PM
U think u got it bad ? Every time I get out it's cause of a head shots

Dubstar112
08-30-2001, 11:14 PM
monsta i feel ya there, i dont get the head shots all the time, but being 6`3 and fitting behind a 3 foot bunker is like folding in half!

PsychoMag
08-31-2001, 07:24 AM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Monsta:
U think u got it bad ? Every time I get out it's cause of a head shots </font>

I say 80% or more is hopper hits...I did have the warp feed before, but I regularly play front and with switching up left and right hand, the warp really got in the way, besides the fact that I am not into too much exposure up front...I have thought about another Warp though...I dunno..to me, the warp is a handicap for my style.

I have never had a single problem with my revvie...except for braeaks, and since I am a front player, the longer I am in the game, the better off we are...

As far as the H.A.L.O. I never rush out and get the first edition of anything since that is where the bugs get worked out.

------------------
PsychoMag..."Dogger"
Team ArchAngels