PDA

View Full Version : Amazon screwed me!

PolishSausage
12-13-2002, 06:13 PM
I preordered Spplat Attack via Amazon.com, money was taken from my back account, so when I went to check if mine had shipped yet I had no confirmation email. So I called amazon and asked about my order...and there wasn't one! SO basically, Amazon stole twenty some odd dollars from me and I've got nothing to show for it....last time I shop there.:mad:

rdb123
12-13-2002, 06:27 PM
Hmmm, I dunno. Just give it a few days.

I'm starting to think ActionVillage stole my money order I sent in as payment for a new pack. It arrived their Tuesday and they haven't sent me a confirmation letter yet. But that doesn't mean that they stole it. Just give it some time and it will show up.

-Ron

PolishSausage
12-13-2002, 06:28 PM
I wouldn't be so concerned, but when I called my name wasnt even on record....however I had the bill to prove that i paid....might have to call up and yell some more.

rdb123
12-13-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by PolishSausage
I wouldn't be so concerned, but when I called my name wasnt even on record....however I had the bill to prove that i paid....might have to call up and yell some more.

Ah, cool. Lol, well I don't exactly have a bill to prove it because I did their prepay thing where you mail in a money order plus a copy of what you want. Haha, is that bad?

-Ron

SyntaxError
12-13-2002, 06:42 PM
[start subliminal message] KILL THEM TYLER....KILL THEM TYLER....KILL THEM TYLER[/subliminal message]

lol, seriously though, call them up man, and ***** like theres no tomorrow.

On a seperate note, that stupid pbgear.com did the same damn thing to me!!! Right for christmas too, those idiots.

Automaggin2
12-13-2002, 06:45 PM
hey, the good thing about paintballgear, you can call them up and act extremly mad and then they will feel guilty and give you something for free. i got:

-free next day shipping
-any barrel of my choice at no extra cost (i originally had a lapco bigshot, but i sent it back cuase it was messed up)
-a free JT t shirt

rdb123
12-13-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by SyntaxError
[start subliminal message]On a seperate note, that stupid pbgear.com did the same damn thing to me!!! Right for christmas too, those idiots.

They didn't email you an order number after receiving your payment in the mail? Hmmm well I guess I'll call them up Monday or something.

How'd you get the issue resolved though?

Thanks

-Ron

leopardhead
12-13-2002, 07:59 PM
alternative to amazon = www.williamshatner.com store and you'll get free trading cards while supplies last

FalconGuy016
12-13-2002, 09:25 PM
[i]
-free next day shipping
-any barrel of my choice at no extra cost (i originally had a lapco bigshot, but i sent it back cuase it was messed up)
-a free JT t shirt [/B]

how'd you manage that?!!?!?!?! :eek:

rdb123
12-13-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016

how'd you manage that?!!?!?!?! :eek:

Yeah lol! Huge order? Hehe, maybe mine will qualify since I ordered 80 dollars worth of stuff. =)

Nevertheless, I'd still prefer to just get my stuff I paid for without any orders as long as I'm not hassled.

-Ron

12-13-2002, 09:59 PM
Stay out of the jungle...

cphilip
12-13-2002, 10:27 PM
Hmm...I never got nothing from Paintballgear for free...not even what I wanted and payed for...Must be just me.

I did have a thing with Amazon recently. They shipped a item and then the tracking showed it had been delivered and yet I had not recived it. So I emailed them to tell them I had not indeed recieved the item even though it showed that. They shipped out another one and low and behold a few days later the one that had been missing showed up! So I told them about it. They said fine just ship the second on back when it got there. So I did. Next thing I know they credited my card for the item but had charged me a restocking fee! I gave up and I dropped it after that...;)

deathstalker
12-14-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by PolishSausage
I preordered Spplat Attack via Amazon.com, money was taken from my bank account...
Did you use something like a Visa check card? If so, stop wasting your time witih Amazon and just dispute the charge through your bank. In the meantime, order from a site like www.williamshatner.com. I got mine right on time.

Now about those trading cards...;)

rdb123
12-14-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by cphilip
Hmm...I never got nothing from Paintballgear for free...not even what I wanted and payed for...Must be just me.

I did have a thing with Amazon recently. They shipped a item and then the tracking showed it had been delivered and yet I had not recived it. So I emailed them to tell them I had not indeed recieved the item even though it showed that. They shipped out another one and low and behold a few days later the one that had been missing showed up! So I told them about it. They said fine just ship the second on back when it got there. So I did. Next thing I know they credited my card for the item but had charged me a restocking fee! I gave up and I dropped it after that...;)

Lol that sucks!

-Ron

TigerMan
12-14-2002, 12:37 AM
Well I can tell you if you think of calling them and just purely yelling at them, you'll get nowhere. Call up and just be polite and tell them of the situation and that you have the bill. Either just ask for the money to be refunded back into your account or to get your stuff shipped. They'll be much more helpful and willing to do things for you if your polite in how you act on the phone with them.

PaInTbAlLeR476
12-14-2002, 08:19 AM
Something very simialar happened with me when i ordered from 888 paintball(they have the atomated store your address crap) So anyways i called them w/ the problem and said they had no shipping address of any products to me(turned out it was shipped to my grandparents) so what i had to do was get a copy of my dads credit card bill and fax it tot hem, as soon as that happened they figured out what went wronga nd problem solved. amazon is a very reliable company, im sure if you do something like this they will have the problem sorted out in no time.

rdb123
12-14-2002, 11:11 AM
Hmmmm, well what happens if they say they have no record and you sent in a Money Order for their prepay thing?

Would I have to prove it by faxing a copy of the money order receipt and a receipt from the post office or something?

Thanks

-Ron

PaInTbAlLeR476
12-14-2002, 11:27 AM
first give them a call to try and sort things out, if they still have no recolection on the MO then yes send them a recipt for the MO and a link were they can track it, that will prove to them they they received it. Also make sure they cashed it(this can be done by contacting the place were you perchased it).

SyntaxError
12-14-2002, 11:33 AM
They didn't email you an order number after receiving your payment in the mail? Hmmm well I guess I'll call them up Monday or something.

I called them up yesterday and interestingly enough I got someone on the phone who told me "hey sorry dude, we forgot to ship your order man"

Some service:rolleyes:

Restola
12-14-2002, 11:38 AM
Amazon will not care what you say you sent until you prove it. If its a check get a copy of the cancelled check, if its a credit card get a copy of your statement (not an online one) or just dispute the payment, if its a money order get it tracked.

They and I hear this all the time. Nothing matters until you prove you paid them. The burden is 100% on you. Yeah it sucks, but 9 times out of 10 the customer is wrong.

Also dont send them "links where they can track it." Do the legwork for them if you want it done now. The last thing they are going to do is set everything aside (2 weeks before christmas) so they can sit on hold for 40 minutes trying to confirm your payment.