PDA

View Full Version : Min-Mag + LX QUETION NEED HELP ASAP

wootwarrior
12-13-2002, 06:42 PM
Running a mini mag with level 10 and zgrip.

Well, If I don't have the barrel on I can shoot it fine and fire fast too. But When I stick the Barrel in then screw the tank in, it is like is it leaking air from where the bolt is. It's like the barrel is touching the bolt or somthing. and it's leaking. Whats up with it and how can I fix it? NEED HELP ASAP

hitech
12-13-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by wootwarrior
Running a mini mag with level 10 and zgrip.

Well, If I don't have the barrel on I can shoot it fine and fire fast too. But When I stick the Barrel in then screw the tank in, it is like is it leaking air from where the bolt is. It's like the barrel is touching the bolt or somthing. and it's leaking. Whats up with it and how can I fix it? NEED HELP ASAP

1. It could be that the barrel is not drilled properly. A different barrel may fix that.

2. You could have too many shims and it therefore is just at the edge of venting. Removing a shim would fix this.

3. If could be (and this is the most likely) that the carrier is a tad to big. Replace with the next smaller carrier (remember to use the SAME oring).

I would try the "fixes" in the above order.

wootwarrior
12-13-2002, 09:58 PM
Well, I know it's not number one because I have 2 barrels for it. I just got the mag so. Now for number 3

3. If could be (and this is the most likely) that the carrier is a tad to big. Replace with the next smaller carrier (remember to use the SAME oring).

Alright, how do I do this ( please tell me in detail, dumb as a rock )

hitech
12-16-2002, 12:53 PM
1. Remove the valve from the marker.
2. Remove the power tube tip.
3. Remove any shims (be careful not to bend them).
4. Remove the carrier. You will need something like an oring pick. I bend paperclip will work.
5. Determine the carrier's size. Count the rings engraved around the carrier. That is the size. If it also has small dots punched in the side it is a half size.
6. Find the next half size smaller carrier.
7. Remove the oring from the carrier you removed from the marker and place it in the next half size smaller carrier.
8. Reassemble WITHOUT any shims. If it leaks, repeat from step 1.

Once it doesn't leak you can add shims.

Here is a link to the level 10 information for reference.

http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml#detailed