PDA

View Full Version : people with multiple guns. i need some serious counceling.

flatacid
12-13-2002, 08:53 PM
ok. i got a rtp not to long ago. installed lvl 10, and just got a barrel for it. i like it, but wanna play with it more. ive only played twice so far.

heres the problem. i found a matrix i couldn't pass up. ive always loved my friends, so when i saw it, i had to get it. now i will have 2 guns. whats the scenerio for this? i certainly don't wanna neglect my mag, since its one of the best mechanical markers ever. but i don't wanna neglect the matrix either. since it is one of the best electros ever. so what to do? you guys with multiple guns, what do you do?

thanks.:)

rdb123
12-13-2002, 09:16 PM
Upgrade one of them, or upgrade them evenly and switch which gun you use every other game.

-Ron

flatacid
12-13-2002, 09:22 PM
the mag is done. it has lvl 10, and a barrel. what else is needed. :)

and all thats needed for the matrix is a low rise. then thats done. :)

rdb123
12-13-2002, 09:26 PM
Well, I'd say that the Mag is done. I don't know much about matrices, but I'll take your word on it haha. So now, the only thing left is to buy upgrades that will benefit both guns; ie, HALO B, etc. =)

-Ron

ChucktheMAGician
12-13-2002, 09:27 PM
The last time I played I just had to keep switching guns until I got one that would keep working! That was before I got my lx's straightened out. I guess next time I play I will be faced w/ the same problem too. I'm trying to set my 2 favorite mags up different, one light, for when I feel like running around, and one a little bigger, for when I feel like laying down paint. You could do that, use the Matrix to sit back and paint everything, and the mag when you feel like running. Just a thought, :D

flatacid
12-13-2002, 09:29 PM
already have a halo b. :)

JEDI
12-13-2002, 09:29 PM
Here's exactly what you do. You pick a favorite. Mine is my Emag. Then you upgrade them both to an insane level (thats the fun part). Now you use the favorite as your primary weapon, yelling "GET SOME!" "GET SOME!") every time you shoot.

Then in the event your primary goes down, you have something equaly rediculous and tempting. Let me illustrate.

http://www.deadcell.cc/images/adamcock.jpg

There ya go.

BajaBoy
12-13-2002, 09:31 PM
well, u should get a Nice hpa tank.. and warp/halo and swap in n out with the guns... w-e one u feal like playig with.

rdb123
12-13-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by JEDI
...Then in the event your primary goes down, you have something equaly rediculous and tempting. Let me illustrate....

Lol. I'm planning on getting an X-Mag..... to backup my SFL Emag! :D lol

-Ron

EsPo
12-13-2002, 09:41 PM
ehh.. id say get a warp for the rtp, then your done with it.

flatacid
12-13-2002, 09:48 PM
i don't shoot fast enough for a warp.

12-13-2002, 09:49 PM
Use what you like better. You usually will play better if you are using the gun you are more comfortable with.

JEDI
12-13-2002, 09:54 PM
Man! I thought I was showing off!

Originally posted by rdb123

Lol. I'm planning on getting an X-Mag..... to backup my SFL Emag! :D lol

-Ron

TigerMan
12-14-2002, 12:45 AM
Keep the Mag as a backup to the Matrix. I've heard of some reliability issues with Matrixes so it wouldn't hurt to have a backup if you can afford to keep the Mag.

Potatoboy
12-14-2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by JEDI
Then in the event your primary goes down, you have something equaly rediculous and tempting. Let me illustrate.

*Insert Picture Here*

There ya go.

OH NOS!!!11 TEH DREADED SHOE-MOD!!!11

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-14-2002, 03:06 AM
It was probably said or if it hasn't it should have been. Keep the RTP near by cause when your matrix goes down, you'll always have the trusty mag. Only know a few people with them but the only ones that don't have problems with them are the people that are friends with the matrix techs. Coincedence? I think not.

xtremexnyc
12-14-2002, 03:42 AM
I love playing with both of my Markers. I would play with one marker for half the day and then I would use the other to finish off. Its great having 2 markers specially an electro and a semi.

BlackVCG
12-14-2002, 03:49 AM
It's all about the mood I'm in and where I'm playing. I have 8 guns and switch between them. Typically I use the E-Mag, but you can find me shooting a Tippmann Carbine or a Phantom at times.

Creative Mayhem
12-14-2002, 09:46 AM
I have a Dark Angel and a Minimag. I use the Angel for tourney play, and the mag for rec play. I like the mag cause with the classic valve, and I do mean classic(10yr old) I don't fire too fast and can work on my game better, with out dumping massive amounts of paint. My angel is as of right now, just for tourney and the occasional speedball game. The only problem now is, what do I do when I get my Xmag? Mags own.... is the angel going to go by the way side? Only time will tell.

C Mayhem

rdb123
12-14-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by BlackVCG
...I have 8 guns...

:eek:

-Ron

Quiet
12-14-2002, 11:24 AM
I have a couple, of course the mag is my favourite. Which one I play with depends entirely on my mood. I think it is easier to work on skills with a marker that limits you more (within reason). If I feel like playing back, I go electro. If I feel like playing up front and bunkering people, there's nothing better than the mag.

SyntaxError
12-14-2002, 11:37 AM
At one point I had 3 guns, my RT, my classic (both with LX and blade intelli's), and a cocker. Well my RT definately sees the most playing time, the classic has saved my butt in sooo many situations. Two guns are always nice.

Now, when I get enough for that Angel/Matrix/Rat Impy....:D

Brak
12-14-2002, 06:49 PM
give one of them to me (preferably the matrix) and you wont have to hassle with these types of decisions.

Xerces
12-14-2002, 07:05 PM
try them both out alot, and decide which one suits you better. then sell it to upgrade the other, or sell both and get an emag =)

Quiet
12-14-2002, 10:07 PM
Anyone else here notice that the more people on the field that cheat, the more often you bring out a marker with a higher rate of fire?

rdb123
12-14-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Quiet
Anyone else here notice that the more people on the field that cheat, the more often you bring out a marker with a higher rate of fire?

Yep I hate it lol.

By the way, if I completely soak a guy in my paint splatter, is he out even though I can't see him? Lol

-Ron

TippmannMan
12-14-2002, 10:17 PM
what you do is go akimbo style. i dont think i was supposed to at the field but it was awesome. i was flanking the other team with two other guys and when we eventually got to the fort they were both eliminated. these people were nice enough (one was my friend) and lent me their guns (i had the model 98 at the time). so well well what do we have here. an eclipse autococker and a bob long intimidator. oh my. so i pick up the guns and go crazy. eventually tagged out due to the saliva inducing power affecting my concentration aim and coordination. but anyway it was fun to be shooting like a mad man with dual streams of paint bombarding the other teams bunkers. i can only imagine what it sounded like to hide behind a bunker getting hit by all that paint.

flatacid
12-15-2002, 01:09 AM
well. the mag has been less than reliable. i still have bugs too work out (on a 3 week old gun :rolleyes: ). but i think the mag will be primary. maybe sell both of them later on to get an xmag. if there worth it. :)

Pand0ra
12-16-2002, 08:19 AM
If you were going to play a lot in tournaments, I would advise to stick with one marker, and use the other one only as a backup (this way you would know exactly your marker, and how to shoot accurately).

Obviously it's not your case here, so lets suggest something: play on the odd weeks with one, and on the even weeks with the other :) .

@++

TNS2k2
12-16-2002, 03:00 PM
Well once i get an Xmag i am looking into getting an Eblade Orracle or Dye, but this is gonna drive me insane because i will spend more time deciding which gun to use then playing...that is the way i am. I am gonna have to make a schedule on which one to use or something.

rdb123
12-16-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by TNS2k2
Well once i get an Xmag i am looking into getting an Eblade Orracle or Dye, but this is gonna drive me insane because i will spend more time deciding which gun to use then playing...that is the way i am. I am gonna have to make a schedule on which one to use or something.

Well, just stick with the X-Mag. If you want to shoot a different "gun," switch it on Manual and pretend it's an RT Pro =)

-Ron

mykroft
12-16-2002, 04:19 PM
I tend to rotate between various guns.

Right now, I generally use my Angel, and occasionally the Classic Mag (Usually for rec ball). The RT is in pieces di=ue to valve problems, and the Spyder needs some bottomline screws.

I do need to pick up a good pump, I miss my Sniper 3, even if it jammed constantly, and another Cocker.