PDA

View Full Version : Single trigger e-mag frame?

2xFast
12-13-2002, 09:41 PM
Is AGD going to come out with a single trigger frame for the E-mag? Cuase I can't stand my double finger frame...

2xFast

sneakyhacker420
12-15-2002, 06:37 PM
are you shooting too fast or what?

just cut the groove trigger in half and put it in... then maybe cut the trigger guard or something

just an idea :rolleyes:

ChucktheMAGician
12-15-2002, 06:50 PM
A single trigger would still have to be pretty long so that the magnet in the trigger would pick up. Making a whole new frame that moved the hall sensor up would probably be to expensive. You may like a blade trigger http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35903

2xFast
12-16-2002, 04:40 PM
no, nothing like that...not shooting to fast, just that I use my middle finger to pull the trigger, and set my index finger alongside the frame rail...helps me snap shoot...but double triggers suck for this technique...just a personal taste thing...

Besides, double finger electros are pointless, they just make for longer trigger pulls. Double triggers have outlived their usefullness...

Dayspring
12-16-2002, 04:53 PM
You obviously have never fired an Emag on Hybrid then. Properly tuned, it's got a very short pull.

And I pull with my middle finger, and believe me- my ROF is WAY high. I'd suggest trying it.

jah871
12-16-2002, 05:21 PM
im pretty sure Tom or someone else said ti wasnt possible do to the magnets in the trigger. they did however have a prototype that had a groove behind the trigger so you could put one finger behind there.

2xFast
12-17-2002, 03:07 AM
Dayspring, if I wanted to be cocky my response would be you obviously have a very poor grasp on geometery...double triggers have a longer pull on the lower section...always have always will. Its called leverage. Same amount of work spread over greater distance means less force required...which is why double finger triggers are great on mechanical mags and spyders...not so good on sliding trigger guns and totally pointless, IMHO, on electros. They're a poor man's trigger job and I don't see the need for em on a $1000 marker. The long and the short of it is that the hybrid mode would have a shorter pull, and more kickback on a single trigger gun, and since it would be an electro the initial pull could still be virtually nothing. Just think about it...

Still some people like doubles...most apperently...and as a result most new guns have em...I don't like the feel of em. Forces me to hold the gun in an unatural position...and I know it makes my snap shooting less accurate.

Thanks for the replys though...I am disapointed to hear that AGD isn't going to have a single trigger version...I can understand why...it would be a tight fit...but far from impossible.

2xFast

Kevmaster
12-17-2002, 10:58 AM
single triggers work too...i have a guy with an LED angel...wouldnt shoot that gun with a double trigger...no way!

however, the market wants double triggers...only! the inteilframe started having a single trigger option i believe but AGD never sold them...

double triggers is what sells...also try walking hte trigger with a single trigger...thats gunna be a bear