PDA

View Full Version : woody 2 sincerely apologizes

TRIXER321
08-30-2001, 12:52 PM
I am sooooo sorry
for any problems that i ahve cause.... Please do not report me i BEG YOU!!!
because i will getin serious TROUBLE... I am so sorry you are the greatest
web-master of all time. I worship you. You are my idol. I am sorry for
anything that i have done that has inconvinenced you in any way. Please
adknowlege my sincere apologies and PLEASE do not report me to the fcc. I am
soooooooo sorry. i am sooooooo sorry.... I am a HORRIBLE PERSON....
I know that i deserve it but i am sooo sorry. I didnt thinkit would have
posted that many because it wouldnt load to the next page (like the page
that confirms that the post has been sent) so i kept hitting it, expecting
like a few. to come up... Not that many... PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!
I AM SOOOOOOOO SORRY!!!!!....
BTW,this is not woody 2,this is his buddy.

~Ryan

Ni cD
08-30-2001, 01:00 PM
He deserves the worst possible punishment...but I'll leave that up to Webby and the AGD crew.

--edit--

I'm deeply sorry for your family situation, but something needs to happen.

[This message has been edited by Ni cD (edited 08-30-2001).]

Thordic
08-30-2001, 01:08 PM
I agree with Ni-cD. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. While there won't be any "time" associated with alerting the FCC of his inadvertant DoS attack, perhaps it will teach him to be more responsible in the future. I'm sure his parents would like to know why federal agents are confiscating his computer, at least.

Webby, Tom, I think I speak for most of AO when I say that we can't cut people like this slack. Letting people get away with immature behavior simply encourages it. I would think the majority of AO would stand behind you in pressing this case with the relevant authorities. That seemed to be the general concensus in the IRC room earlier today.

While I'm sure woody would get in a degree of trouble with his parents, this would be a fair lesson. It would not be some life-altering type of trouble, its called taking responsibility for your actions, and the consequences that come along with it. This isn't the time to back down and let people get away with this sort of thing, you should put your foot down and turn this into a lesson.

I'm not trying to tell you how to run things, I'm just trying to get across what I see as being the attitude of a multitude of posters on this site.

------------------
CamoSplashed MiniMag
S/N MM12913
Clear AGD Warp Feed
14" SP AA

Lots of stuff coming...

mykroft
08-30-2001, 01:17 PM
Nail the kid to the wall, ye reap what ye sow.

------------------
Mykroft Holmes IV
------------------
My Mags:
CF11023, Classic Feed, 16" CP .689, 14" JnJ Stainless, Ring trigger, WGP Reg, Diamond Labs Ti Reg Adjuster.

VV00614(Valve)/VV00423(reg), Black Teflon HR Powerfeed, 16" SP AA,14" JnJ Ceramic, AGD Intelliframe Blade, Benchy Crossfire cradle/on-off, black foregrip, Macroline.
PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" R.A.Heinlein - 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'

TRIXER321
08-30-2001, 01:24 PM
woody:
listne guys, i am going through a lot of really hard stuff with my parents
right now. my dad moved in about 3 days ago, then he moved back out last
night, after bein seperated ofr 2 years and he sleaving for olando (to work
at universal studios) in a few weeks. I want to stay and live with my mom, i
already have a past criminal act in my record but i chnaged my life around
since thne... My dad can use this in court to make me go with him and not
stay with my mom b/c he thinks my mom doesnt do stuff right....please don't
comment on this but all im aksing is that no AGENTS or fcc getininvolved in
this... this Rubiks Cube is complicated enough as it is....name anything that i can
do to help dete ryall form reporting me and i will do it... PLEASE!Whichever one of you has never commited a sin may throw the first stone

After all that, you still don't get it!

[This message has been edited by Army (edited 08-30-2001).]

shartley
08-30-2001, 01:31 PM
I feel not one bit sorry. One must THINK before they act. And we ALL go through tough times in our lives... it is NO excuse for what happened.

I don't know a single criminal that couldn't pull SOME sob story out to somehow justify (or at a minimum try to cause sympathy) his/her actions.

And that is all I will say on the matter.

------------------
“The richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.”

Whisky
08-30-2001, 01:40 PM
Youth.... ha man. Maybe he got his lesson. So lets say that the one here that never did something wrong throw the first rock.
This was a bad idea and a bad thing to do, it may have turned worst than he have tought. This is a great forum, but this is just a forum, it won`t change the life of any body except woody`s one if we report him. He is banned from here and he deserved it. But we have the choice or to be like him and do the worst or just go on and keep having a nice clean forum.
Peace woody and think twice next time you wanna do something wrong. I don`t have the final word on this but any mature person will think the same way i do.

------------------
"Give me an inch... I`ll give you a bruise" -Andy Kopcok, team Image
Snap Snap
Bang Bang
You`re Out

Thordic
08-30-2001, 01:40 PM
Shurtly has a definite point, lets beast him! :-)

No, seriously, as a dabbler in the art of con-artistry or whatever you want to call it, I can work up a believable excuse/sob story on the spot. I've passed classes without doing a speck of work with a single good story.

His story follows up pretty closely to what I'd say in his shoes :-) If its true, well, he should have known better anyway, and he has no one but himself to blame.

mykroft
08-30-2001, 01:47 PM
Woody,
As to your family situation, I've been there and it sucks, however it is not a 'get out of jail free' card. You should have considered the consequences of your actions before doing what you did, this is part of what it means to be an adult. You did the crime, and must be prepared to do the time. The evidence suggests you haven't turned your life around yet.

Frankly I'm sick of people blaming their actions on life issues and expecting to get off with a slap on the hand. You and you alone are responsible for your actions, and you cannot blame your actions on other circumstances. Woody, you are currently showing the same immaturity that your little stunt last night over being edited by Army showed.

------------------
Mykroft Holmes IV
------------------
My Mags:
CF11023, Classic Feed, 16" CP .689, 14" JnJ Stainless, Ring trigger, WGP Reg, Diamond Labs Ti Reg Adjuster.

VV00614(Valve)/VV00423(reg), Black Teflon HR Powerfeed, 16" SP AA,14" JnJ Ceramic, AGD Intelliframe Blade, Benchy Crossfire cradle/on-off, black foregrip, Macroline.
PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" R.A.Heinlein - 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'

TRIXER321
08-30-2001, 01:59 PM
woody: i am leaving this forum permanently...this is my last post ever: The story is not mad eup and i am sorry if yall feel the way ayll do but please do not cause somehting huge over a forum... I am going to once again apologize to everybody and i now ask the webmaster what he plans to do? Please finid it in your heart to forgive me...i know your a very busy person and i wasted ALOT of your valuable time but please.... and to all of the others: it's veyr easy to sit there and condem people when it is not you who must face the punishments of those in which you condem (think about that) I know yall cane asily lash back out saying "linch him" or "report him" but please don't. i am now leaving and I hope to never come in any sort of contact with any of yall ever again.

keebler
08-30-2001, 02:03 PM
yeah, your family situation doesn't make what you did right. my parents are divorced but that is no excuse for me to go around and do that sort of thing you did. i say report him, he is just trying to give a story so agd and webby will cut him slack and give him a break, but you should report this. if you let him get away, then another person could do this and make a story up and then get away with it. cut no slack, this is an excellent example of what could happen if you dont obey the rules and you go crazy on the computer.

Plastic_Mercenarie_39
08-30-2001, 02:10 PM
Jeez i think you guys are going a little hard on the kid answer me this did he kill anyone or even hurt antone physically NO!!!!! Just because the site was down a while doesnt mean its a life or death situation if you guys are so hooked on this forum (it is a very awsome and well maintained forum but jeez get a life im mean its a screen with words i doubt its worth ripping a family even more apart put yourself in his shoes and you guys dont know what you might do if you were in his exact situation and you dont know all the details give him a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keebler
08-30-2001, 02:12 PM
who cares what situation he is in, he should be punished. so what you are saying is it is ok to rob a bank if you are broke, and it is ok to murder your dad if he abuses you, who cares about his situation, that doesn't make what he did right.

Peanut The Paintballer
08-30-2001, 02:18 PM
I think webby should atleast investigate further....see if his story is true. If its not true...punish him to the fullest extent. If it is true, punish him even more that if it wasnt true. Even though its a forum, stuff like this should not happen.

Thordic
08-30-2001, 02:26 PM
Justice is supposed to be blind... all people need to be judged equally. "Mitigating circumstances" is another way to say I'm going to be unfair and treat this case differently than every other case. To me, thats a pile of crap. Regardless of his family situation, the law still applies to him the same it applies to anyone else. If I had done it, should I have been prosecuted because I have a "normal" family situation?

krafty
08-30-2001, 02:39 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Plastic_Mercenarie_39:
Jeez i think you guys are going a little hard on the kid answer me this did he kill anyone or even hurt antone physically NO!!!!! Just because the site was down a while doesnt mean its a life or death situation if you guys are so hooked on this forum (it is a very awsome and well maintained forum but jeez get a life im mean its a screen with words i doubt its worth ripping a family even more apart put yourself in his shoes and you guys dont know what you might do if you were in his exact situation and you dont know all the details give him a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!</font>

If you were around last night when he was causing all the mayhem, you might be singing a different tune. He wreaked havoc on this board for a long while, and Webby, Army, and others wasted tons of their time trying to correct the situation.

Compounding this was the fact that a contest was close to ending, and people might have been in need of the board to have questions answered.

I say sieze his computer, boot him from his ISP and give him a good spanking to boot!

Dubstar112
08-30-2001, 02:41 PM
i say off with the head... im young i have to deal with my parents troubles too... but i dont crash websites or whatever

StevoC
08-30-2001, 02:42 PM
Maybe Tom can make him pay the wages of those who had to stay up last night fixing the situation in exchange for not getting into a major legal hassle. I think that would, at least, show him that there is a consequense for what he has done. I know over time for computer guru's is not cheap, and the cost can be pretty hefty for him.

Just my 2 cents, but don't know how it can be enforced.

[This message has been edited by StevoC (edited 08-30-2001).]

scarpa43
08-30-2001, 03:02 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Plastic_Mercenarie_39:
Jeez i think you guys are going a little hard on the kid answer me this did he kill anyone or even hurt antone physically NO!!!!! ...</font>

That is like saying I have traffic court soon and i will tell the judge that since i did not run over a kid when i rolled through the intersection i should not have to pay for my ticket, i will throw in a story about my sad childhood for good measure.

A little extreme but i am trying to make a point.
i think he should be punished accordingly for what he did, this does not mean prison or torture but the kid needs to learn a lesson.
I know that this is not a life/death situation but neither is a lot of crime, he just needs see that some his actions caused a lot of problems for those that try to run this website.

[This message has been edited by scarpa43 (edited 08-30-2001).]

cphilip
08-30-2001, 03:05 PM
Actually we are all volunteers. But jsut the same our time is valuable for the othere things we might do.

If he is banned why is he posting under another IP? That one will be banned too by the way...Oh Webby!!

skipdogg
08-30-2001, 03:19 PM
i usually check the forums everyday, but i have no idea what this post is about. Can the next person that gives their opinion on Woody's fate please just include a brief note on what he did????

MagMan5446
08-30-2001, 03:21 PM
Woody....you are pathetic. You are using your family situation (which could be a lie for all I know) to stop from being punished. You deserve to be punished. An eye for an eye.

[This message has been edited by MagMan5446 (edited 08-30-2001).]

scarpa43
08-30-2001, 03:25 PM
skipdogg,

http://www.automags.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/006249.html

Read that and you will see Woody get more and more mad at Army enforcing AO rules.
He then basically overwhelmed the server in an attempt to get back at Army.

Or at least this is how i see the situation.

ben_JD
08-30-2001, 03:32 PM
How is it that any post purportedly posted by Mr. Woody is not erased? If he's banned, he's banned, regardless of the user name he is using to post. Also, users who encourage and/or help him post to this board are intentionally circumventing the ban placed by the owners of this board. Such users should watch carefully where they tread.

My opinion.

------------------

-Ben

68 Automag Powerfeed (CF05045)
Being rebuilt and modified with your help.

beam
08-30-2001, 04:11 PM
Woody2: Hope you learn your lesson through all of this.

Something that may be encouraging to you is this post:

http://www.automags.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/006062.html

Note what Shartley says about what the FBI will do about the Brass Eagle site getting hacked.
The legal ramifications MAY be nil...but I still don't think you should be allowed back anytime soon.

------------------
Intricate are you among the masses.... PAX217

shartley
08-30-2001, 04:20 PM
BEAM! We had that calmed down..... LOL

But I agree with you. http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
“The richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.”

Whisky
08-30-2001, 04:40 PM
I can`t beleive you guys want such a bad thing for woody 2. This is pathetic. I did some mistake when i was young too, they could have nailed me real bad, and make my situation even worst than it was, or give me a significant punisment ( i.e. being banned is one) and hope i had learned the lesson. I did and they didn`t ruined my life.
If you are willing to do the crime you have to be willing to do the time some says. But the time to do has to be significant to the crime done. And reporting him to the fcc or anywhere else is way too much for what he did. He just flooded the forum, is that such a crime... I think he payed the price for what he did.

------------------
"Give me an inch... I`ll give you a bruise" -Andy Kopcok, team Image
Snap Snap
Bang Bang
You`re Out

[This message has been edited by Whisky (edited 08-30-2001).]

Skyssx
08-30-2001, 04:44 PM
I hope woody dies of herpes.

vertices
08-30-2001, 05:16 PM
What did woody do?

automagseeker
08-30-2001, 05:53 PM
He screwed the site up, you can't blame what you did on anotherlife situation, sure it could have possibly influeneced it but still, it not cool woody, why can't we all just get along and chop off his head http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif jk woody...goodluck to you the rest of the way

bofh
08-30-2001, 06:23 PM
My favorite childhood book always was Lord of the Flies... http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

InfinatyBPS
08-30-2001, 07:32 PM
Sorry to inturupt, but it is illegal to spam? Did he hack the server or something? All I saw was alot of spam that slowed the server. What am I missing?

Peanut The Paintballer
08-30-2001, 07:39 PM
Off with the head

beam
08-30-2001, 07:50 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by shartley:
BEAM! We had that calmed down..... LOL

But I agree with you. http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

</font>
you guys are too cruel hahahaha http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

fenris69
08-30-2001, 07:54 PM
man...give up guys. hes banned. what else can you do? computer crime can only be rated in the amount of damage it does, and the only reason you see such high figures usually is because people pay WAAAAY too bloody much for support when somethin small goes wrong. well...and lost sales etc... but none of this applies. he took it down...now its up. dont think any cops or his ISP would care.

shartley
08-30-2001, 07:56 PM
Is there an echo in here? http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
http://www.gbsu-usa.net/boss/shartley.gif

Motomaz
08-30-2001, 08:05 PM
So this woody guys hacked into agd website and starting messing everything up. I'm sorry to ask but I have been away once again on a family trip before school. Well can you please let me know becasue I never seen such maddness like this one is before in my life. And I wanna know what he did because it seems really deep. Thanks Andrew

shartley
08-30-2001, 08:14 PM
No, that is NOT what happened. LOL

You people are funny. What he actually did was overload the Message Board system with continual posts. It is sort of like a Denial Of Service Attack, but not really. LOL

This has been said before in other threads. Where did you get "hacked into AGD's web site and started messing things up" from?

Just curious. http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
http://www.gbsu-usa.net/boss/shartley.gif

jas142
08-30-2001, 08:33 PM
lol, he's thinking of BE http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

mikey101
08-30-2001, 08:35 PM
This probably doesn't matter anymore, but...
I think he needs to be punished for what he did. He said he already had a bad record, right? well, what do you think will stop him from doing something really terrible? If you don't punish him now, he'll start thinking, well, If I do bad stuff, I just say im sorry, and its all good. He needs something to teach him there are consequences for doing stupid things! And this is just what he needs.

Nitroduck
08-30-2001, 08:48 PM
So all he did was mass post/spam/ping server or did he get into the site and start lagging it from the inside?

zvanut
08-30-2001, 08:50 PM
apparently so from what i hear.

------------------
Gotta Love The Smilies :) have a nice day

mikey101
08-30-2001, 09:22 PM
here's the full story from webby. -

http://www.automags.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/006329.html

Mr.E Mag Man
08-31-2001, 02:18 AM
"kill the pig, slit his throat, spill his blood!" (j/k)

yeah hey sorry woody about your situation, but you can't weasel your way out of stuff you do.
i used to be a bad kid, weaseled my way out of everything. then after a couple visits to "the hall," i did something that earned me a fine (which wasn't even my fault), which, well.. i could have bought a tricked out e-mag with =P . you gotta face punishments or you'll never learn. that's life.

Rooster
08-31-2001, 10:05 AM
at the very least call his ISP and have him kicked off. Mommy and Daddy might restrict his internet access if they have to find another provider becuase of him.