PDA

View Full Version : AGD DAY AT PAINTBALL DADDY'S!

Army
12-14-2002, 12:22 AM
I zipped on down to the far outskirts of L.A. to attend the AGD Day at Ditto's Police and Paintball Supply in Redlands...you know it as Paintball Daddy's.

Tom was fashionably late, but the dozen AO and non-AO members there were, of course, entertained and awed by Mr. Kaye. We all heard the true insight in the delays in production of the Xmag, but if you weren't there, we can't tell you the corporate secrets! (did you know the Angel ball detent is poopily made and engineered? Well, it is, and Tom proved to us why.)

Plenty of donuts and soda was made available by our gracious host and store owner, Jeff Sabitini, who opened his doors to all who wanted to be there. A couple of regular customers walked in, and were sucked up into the activities! Tom brought his gorgeous black to gold fade Xmag to put the Red Baron to shame as they stood side by side:) I had to leave early (5 hour drive, right at rush hour....turned into 7 hours!), but the short time I was there, was quite enlightening on the inner happenings of the Xmag. Don't worry, they're on the way...just don't ask when:)

Today was a precursor to Saturday's BIG GAME with Bud Orr at Jungle Island Paintball (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57531). All you So-Cal guys, get on down/up/over to Temecula and pile on to Toms team...or get your long awaited revenge and sign up for Bud's team:D

It was really nice to see Tom again (Jeff too, but I saw him last weekend!). Don't miss your chance to meet him, he doesn't get out west too often!

theraidenproject
12-14-2002, 12:34 AM
Sounds like fun. No pics?

rikkter
12-14-2002, 01:16 AM
i held that black to gold fade xmag
with warp breech and warp and tank and yadda yadda. i fell in love, i didn't want to put it down:(

:D

Gegner
12-14-2002, 01:19 AM
Pics were taken, not sure when Jeff might post them up... Hope so. Sorry to have missed Army - we got there just a few minutes after he left.

It was great chatting with Tom, seeing the X-mag, holding the new x valve (man! it's LIGHT) and meeting other AO members who stopped by. We were there 7 hours and just got home @ 10pm local time. There were still 6-8 folks left when we split.

A big thanks to Jeff for hosting and providing drinks and pizza - you missed that part Army ;)

Thanks again for stopping by Tom.. it was a captivating time discussing so many subjects and 'reviewing the charts' :D I now know why Angels suck... heh heh.

Nice job on the visuals on why the warp works around corners so well... Schnitzel was impressed!

Now... make that Video Tom!!

"When it absolutely, positively has to shoot - It has to be a MAG!!" I love it!

Gegner

PS: Tom has a new Throne... hope someone got a pic of that!

Jeff_PbDaddy
12-14-2002, 02:43 AM
TK visits AO members in Redlands CA, hosted by Dittos Paintball AKA PaintballDaddy.com
This 10.5 hour AO Meeting may have set an all time record.

pbzmag
12-14-2002, 02:53 AM
Hey, I vote that we try for 12 hours!

pbzmag

Army
12-14-2002, 03:43 AM
Dang! Missed the Pizza!

Jeff_PbDaddy
12-14-2002, 04:21 AM
Tom Kaye visits with AO members in Redlands, CA. The meeting was hosted by Dittos Paintball and PaintballDaddy.com. The 10.5 hour meeting set an all time AO record.

Jeff_PbDaddy
12-14-2002, 04:30 AM
TK and Theresa of team Daddy's Girls.

Jeff_PbDaddy
12-14-2002, 04:34 AM
TK and Rachelle of team Daddy's Girls. It's good to be the king!

Jeff_PbDaddy
12-14-2002, 04:38 AM
TK teaches tactics.

Jeff_PbDaddy
12-14-2002, 04:43 AM
Just how long it that barrel?

Mango
12-14-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Jeff_PbDaddy
TK and Rachelle of team Daddy's Girls. It's good to be the king!

Tom looks so happy!!!!!! hahahaha Kool Aid Smile!!!!! :D

Pvt.Opium
12-15-2002, 06:49 PM
I was also at the meeting at Dittos Paintball and really enjoyed it. I was there for about 7 hours talking about endless subjects. Tom showed us the advantages of the warp feed and spent some time talking about rare items sitting in his "throne".

I also held the black\yellow fade X mag(wow). i want to say thanks to Jeff for providing his store and the food. Also to Tom for taking the time to explain in detail every question that any of us asked. It was a blast.

THANKS TOM!!!

Smoken
12-15-2002, 07:20 PM
Thanks again Tom and Jeff. I had a great time! I was one of the few who stayed the whole 10.5 hours! It was worth it though, very cool to talk with Tom about paintball so much.
P.S. I'm the one with blonde hair and the grey and black shirt in two of the pics.

toymyster
12-15-2002, 07:32 PM
It was a great time indeed!!! The pic titled "TK teaches tactics" was actualy a demonstration of the infamous "AGD Launch"!! As always, a fun and educatioanal evening!! And next time, I will bring the whiteboard and markers!!! Thank you Tom!!

TooDamnSweet
12-15-2002, 08:00 PM
We didn't make it out to the AO Meet on Friday like we were supposed to, but we did go out to Jungle Island on Saturday to support Tom and his team. We had a great time!

We met up with RogueFactor, DirtyBunny, MX Racer and Nobody. They're all really kewl!!!

We also had the opportunity to meet Bea Young, she was there taking pictures Xtreme Paintball magazine. She's very friendly and was nice enough to give us tons of stickers. Gibby almost had a passed out when she gave him her autograph.........

We talked to Tom for about 45 minutes during the dinner break. He was very hospitable and great as always! He even gave me his autograph!!!!! :D :D :D

Even though we didn't get to play, I'm glad we had the chance to go out there and meet everyone. It was a fun day!

Nobody077
12-15-2002, 08:26 PM
I had a great time at the party, Thanks again to Jeff for letting us use has shop and Thanks to Tom for showing up close to the Noon start time. It was great to meet everyone that showed for Diddo's and the game. Hopefully this was a start to a yearly event.

mxracer33x
12-16-2002, 02:13 AM
I had a great time down there. Everyone was alot of fun to hang out with at the AO meet.

Thanks Tom, and Jeff for letting us all take over his shop for the day, Gibby & Toodamnsweet for the Splat Attack Video.

It was great to meet all of the AOers that showed up and put some more faces to the names.

Oh yeah, and the MAGMASTERS pwned Bud Orr and all his cocker cronies. The scenerio game was alot of fun, Ben did a great job setting it up, nad if they have another I highly suggest anyone who can make it should show up.

gibby
12-16-2002, 12:10 PM
We also had the opportunity to meet Bea Young, she was there taking pictures Xtreme Paintball magazine. She's very friendly and was nice enough to give us tons of stickers. Gibby almost had a passed out when she gave him her autograph.........

Okay...so, you left out the part where Tom took off his jersey for you since it was getting cold! Tom is quite the gentleman folks! I hope I don't get Tom in trouble for saying this, but if I wasn't there, I'm sure TooDamnSweet would have melted in his arms! :p

We talked to Tom for about 45 minutes during the dinner break. He was very hospitable and great as always! He even gave me his autograph!!!!!

Yeah, I heard he made you beg for it! LOL!! ;)

Thanks Tom, and Jeff for letting us all take over his shop for the day, Gibby & Toodamnsweet for the Splat Attack Video.

No problem MX! I hope you enjoy it and let everyone know what you think! :)

Overall, it was great to meet up with old buds and meet new ones. And of course, Tom's witty stories! Also, mad props for RogueFactor for the AO chairs and the small parts I needed to rebuild my Classic! :D

Till next time...PEACE!! :cool:

TooDamnSweet
12-16-2002, 01:45 PM
Okay...so, you left out the part where Tom took off his jersey for you since it was getting cold! Tom is quite the gentleman folks! I hope I don't get Tom in trouble for saying this, but if I wasn't there, I'm sure TooDamnSweet would have melted in his arms!

You are evil!!!! ;)

Devil
12-17-2002, 12:25 AM
Sounds like you guys had fun! Wish I could've been there...but...life calls... maybe next time!

Dev'l

AGD
12-17-2002, 02:28 AM
Finally back and REALLY hurting from the 24hr game. Had a great time at the AO meet and the day passed really quickly. Next time we will try and do it on a saturday so more people can show. So I have been to LA twice this year for you guys!!

AGD

pbzmag
12-17-2002, 03:01 AM
I had a great time at the AO meet. Finally a store in SoCal that has a nice collection of mags! I learned more tactics that I have never heard of, like the AGD Launch. Can't wait for the next SoCal AO meet!

**note to self, gain more weight so I don't have to be the launchee!**

pbzmag

toymyster
12-18-2002, 06:50 PM
Tom, feel free to travel down this way anytime!!