PDA

View Full Version : Attention all SMG-60 owners...

Gunga
08-31-2001, 10:28 AM
Stumbled across this over at: http://www.pbreview.com/

One of my buddies had an SMG-60 back in the days when I was still using a Splatmaster. I got very good at avoiding him and that full auto machine.

For those that don't know what an SMG-60 is, it's an old Tippman (I think) that had a 15 round spring loaded clip. It was a full auto gun, but used .62 caliber paintballs, rather than the standard .68 caliber.

".62 Calibur Paintball Update Tuesday, August 28, 2001

Andrew @ 3:03pm PST

Based on the feedback we received from some our testers, Nelson resized the paintball. For those testers that did respond, we will be sending two new sample packs out first thing tomorrow, Tuesday, August 28, 2001. One bag will be labeled "A (this is 365 fill rate)" another bag will be labeled "B (this is a 360 fill rate)". Both bags of paintballs are blue in color so it is very important that you pay close attention as to what bag you are shooting. Mainly we need to know out of the A or B bag, which balls were better. The balls are ready to run next week so it is IMPERATIVE that we receive your response by e-mail or phone us at 1-425-377-9160 or 1-425.377-1496 as soon as possible on well this sample is. They are smaller than the first run (orange balls). We tested them from a .62 caliber SMG60 and a .62 caliber blowgun and both of them took the blue ball much better.

Those of you that have been selected to test this second round of paint will be notified. There will be instructions in the box on what information we are looking for - again, what bag is better, A or B.

The paintballs will be shipped via priority mail tomorrow. Please make sure you check your mail boxes and test these bad boys as soon as you can. We're all so anxious to get this run under way. We're so close and of course that always seems like the longest mile. If we get your feedback by the end of the week - even throughout the weekend - we can get the call into Nelson on Monday morning and the balls should be ready to ship next week. Yeehhhaaww!!!

Please contact us if you have any questions or e-mail us.

PRICING: Prices
will come down as availability and popularity increase. First couple runs are always expensive, as the costs for dies and equipment need to be made and covered in that cost. Once those items are paid for with numerous runs being made, the cost will be reduced as production is increased. We will keep passing on the best pricing to you. For now, here is how it all shakes out:

1500 paintballs @ $90.00 - ˝ case

1 case @ $165.00 per case

2-3 cases
@ $150.00 per case

4-5 cases @ $135.00 per case

6-10 cases @ $120.00
per case

11 or more cases @ $105.00 per case

Remember, prices will come down the more runs we make. The prices above do not include the shipping charges from our location in WA State to your location. If you are ordering several cases at any given time and you have a freight company you want to use, call us at 1-888-774-0124 and place your order and we’ll be happy to help you set that up. Long distance transport will need a climate-controlled carrier for the best transport of the balls. UPS charges by the box, weight and dimension and freight companies tend to go on weight alone. If you have a UPS account number and/or a FedEx account number, we can bill your account for the shipping if that makes it easier. Some of the paintball companies that have requested numerous cases at any given time may find this more beneficial for your needs. We’ll be happy to work with each and every one of you, as this paintball run has been our baby as well as yours for a very long time so we are more than happy to see this thing work."

------------------
Magnepan MMG planar-magnetic loudspeakers
Carver Silver 7t monoblock amplifiers
Sony EP9ES digital preamp
Sony CDP-CA7ES CD changer
Sony DVP-S550D DVD player
Sony KV32-XBR250 TV

Yeah, I know this is a paintball forum. I'm just being different is all. ;)

FaSSt
08-31-2001, 11:21 PM
I used to have one! Those things rocked! The only problem was that at least 50% of all hits bounced.

PsychoMag
08-31-2001, 11:27 PM
What kind of market is there for .62 cal aint anyways..I hope they don't plan on a comeback...I had a 68 special and my buddy had a SMG...the .62 cal paint when they were out was crap...most of the SMG owners i knew had the SMG-60/68 which took .68 cal paint.
The gun was very heavy and loud as heck...

ahhhhh....memories.....

::miss my rapide:: :P

------------------
"You want a shot at the title?"
PsychoMag..."Dogger"
RTP00440, Benchmark Offset Adj. HPA Cradle, Pro-Connect, 12"AA, 12"DYE SS, 12"Boomie, 14"JJ Ceramic, 68/4500 NitroDuck Tuffy, 12Revvie, Warp.
Team ArchAngels
www.angelfire.com/extreme2/archangels"
No Skill, No Talent, Just Heart" ~ Oh Pawlak