PDA

View Full Version : mags against cockers

smartmag_65
08-30-2001, 04:51 PM
i have never shot any kind of cocker and was woundering if they are more dependible than mag or is it the other way around i have also herd that cockers have a very smooth trigger but it is easier it chop paint with them
is any of this true

MinimagRockin'
08-30-2001, 04:58 PM
Does anybody else smell a thread we have all seen, oh, about 14,000 times coming on? My advice to anybody considering posting on this thread, make it original. I'm rather sick of seeing
"Mags are more reliable because there are less parts to worry about and their customer service is the best on the planet"

"No, cockers are only unreliable when someone who has no idea what they are doing goes around and messes with them, if you just leave them alone they are fine..."

AND SO ON AND SO ON AND SO ON...

Restola
08-30-2001, 05:08 PM
I dont think anyone cares what you think MinimagRockin'. you know whats more annoying than 14,000 posts? 30,000 dumb responses.

how about not replying? or since you feel it is your duty to inform new members that their question has been answered before and you are tired of hearing it find a thread and link it.

i am so freaking sick of "oh my god why not scan down?!" and "read the other posts then come back". damn i wasnt even in a sour mood until i read that.

MinimagRockin'
08-30-2001, 05:41 PM
Apparently someone doesn't have their facts straight. First of all I was aiming my post at the responses to come, never did I even mention the original poster. Second: Never did I say anything close to "read the other posts then come back." Also I didn't "inform" anyone that their post had been answered before, I said this is a post we've all SEEN before (reffering to any poster on AO who has been here for more than a month). Thirdly I don't believe I offended anyone in my post I just didn't want to see the same thing over and over again because it accomplishes nothing, but I see you did you fair share of **** talking. Thanks for being an *** , I appreciate it. Also you might want to take a reading comprehension course because apparently you have an issue with reading fact into fiction.

[This message has been edited by MinimagRockin' (edited 08-30-2001).]

Arturus
08-30-2001, 05:47 PM
Guys, I know you both have your own perspectives and valid points I'm sure.

Let's cool it down just a little though; we've been recently plagued with one too many flames and hostility in the forum. Let's not turn this into one.

Just for the record, I'm not saying you two or anyone else in this forum shouldn't have the right to debate/argue their points. Just avoid turning that 'discussion' into a flame war.

------------------
RT Pro - Chrome Powerfeed Right
Armageddon 68/4500
KAPP Chrome Apoc Drop Forward
12 vt Revolution
Lapco Aluminum Autospirit 12"

[This message has been edited by Arturus (edited 08-30-2001).]

shartley
08-30-2001, 05:52 PM
Arturus:
Hey! What is THAT suppose to mean?!? You know, I REALLY take offense at how you said the word "this"!

Let me point it out to you:

<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Let's not turn this into one.</font>

I would like to know YOUR definition of the word "this"! You should really be careful how you throw it around so carelessly. You could poke someone's eye out like that.

http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
“The richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.”

Restola
08-30-2001, 05:54 PM
if people want to be completly usless with their posts there is obviously nothing i can do about it. but the complaining towards people asking valid questions is unbelievable. this is in fact a message board and not only a social gathering.

and shartly you are as guilty as any.
"Not only did I already answer this question on at least two occasions, but now I am not asked at all?" http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Restola (edited 08-30-2001).]

Arturus
08-30-2001, 05:54 PM
uh oh.. I'm in trouble.

I meant this as in the current thread.

Am I off the hook... *looks around nervously*

------------------
Armageddon 68/4500
12 vt Revolution

MinimagRockin'
08-30-2001, 05:55 PM
NP art, that just pissed me off how he started saying crap that didn't even make sense. I had no intention of starting a flame.

shartley
08-30-2001, 05:57 PM
Well, that is a suitable use of the word "this", sorry. My bad...

Well, depending on what your definition of "is" is. http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

(sorry I couldn't resist)

------------------
“The richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.”

Arturus
08-30-2001, 05:59 PM
hehe I have no doubt that you had no intentions of starting a flame. http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif Just saw the potential for rhetorics to build up real fast.

And by the way I can sympathize with your feelings, and at the same time see why Restola could have interpreted your post as such to his definition of it.

Most of the time when arguments start and the personal attacks come, I've noticed it's out of miscommunication. Just a thought.

------------------
Armageddon 68/4500
12 vt Revolution

Arturus
08-30-2001, 06:01 PM
lol What did you think I meant by the now infamous word, this?

*grins in anticipation*

... And is is, just is... isn't it?

=p

------------------
Armageddon 68/4500
12 vt Revolution

magman007
08-30-2001, 06:04 PM
hey, heres a simple idea guys, lets just answer his question and get it over with ok>? and shartly your the adult! im shocked!

------------------
you ever notice how elves do everyting???

shartley
08-30-2001, 06:08 PM
I am sorry. I know that when I deviate from SHurtly and Beasting, people get confused. http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

It has been a LONG day, and even longer week. I hope all can forgive me. http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

Arturus
08-30-2001, 06:11 PM
Shartley's an adult? lol

I'm kidding... Don't point that Mag at me young man!

http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

Notice how not one of the 11 or so posts so far has answered smartmag_65's questions?

I'll try with my limited technical knowledge.

Yes Mags are more dependible than Cockers, no matter how one argues by taking sides.

And the typical cocker has an extremely smooth trigger pull, and it's for you to choose if it's the right thing for you. Some just happen to dislike it. I on the other hand think it's a joy to shoot, although I'm sticking with my RT Pro and have no intentions on buying a cocker. Whether it chops more due to the ease of the trigger? I have no clue. http://www.automags.org/ubb/frown.gif

I'm sure someone's going to come along to say otherwise, and chances are they're much more technically inclined. So I wish you luck!

------------------
Armageddon 68/4500
12 vt Revolution

[This message has been edited by Arturus (edited 08-30-2001).]

MagMan5446
08-30-2001, 06:39 PM
The only reason that there is even a debate between mags and cockers, is that the prefix auto' is on both of there names.

They are both nice guns, mags are more dependable. Some people prefer the trigger on cockers better

It's like I said before about the motorcycles. You ride on a motorcyle, you ride in a harley. Harley's happen to vibrate alot so they breakdown alot more, yet people still think they are the "best damn motorcycles on the planet."

A cocker is more customizable, so you can call a cocker "your cocker". The bodys are very easy to mill, the trigger is nice and smooth.

As for the bad things on a cocker, timing it can be a pain in the backside, they break relatively easy, the backblock looks cool, yet it gets annoying after a while.

A mag is arguably the most reliable marker on the market. Truly field stripable, simple to maintain, there are only 3 parts in the internals that could have a problem, and those problems are very easy to identify. A you can make a mag very pretty too.

Some people don't like the feel of a mag trigger. Personally, I love it, but this is one of the main reasons that people switch, or buy a different gun.

It's all in preference.

Mag89
08-30-2001, 06:53 PM
I say mags and cockers are equal in performance and realibtly.:

pumpamatic
08-30-2001, 09:28 PM
I say never debate over a gun until you have shot it/owned it. While it may be somewhat true about that reliability, the trigger of a cocker is smooth like a lady. I'm thinking of going to WGP for a while cuz that trigger is too sweet. *wipes drool off corner of lip*

nastymag
08-31-2001, 01:21 AM
well i own an autococker and used to have a mag ( i wish i still had it )
this debate goes not because of the name but because 5 years ago they were the top tourney guns, they are no doubt the longest semis still on the market, and also have the most memeralbe names.

now to the point
the autococker trigger is sweet and very smooth but if you short stroke it will all most for sure chop a ball, now ive shot maybe 8.000 paintballs through mine ( ive only had it for two months) and have had about 4 short strokes and 3 had chops.

now on the automags you short stroke and most likey it will shot out about 10-20 feet and make a farting noise only once and a while will break.

i like booth the triggers

hope i have helped

shagman69
08-31-2001, 11:59 PM
minigagarockin get out a here man no one wants to hear your complaining.
i think autocockers and mags are sooo different its hard to compare them. both are very good.