PDA

View Full Version : So it is true. AGD is back

Scorch
12-14-2002, 08:04 PM
I was listening to some pretty jaded players while in my local shop. These are some guys who've had pretty much every high end marker. This is in a shop which makes its own signature cocker and is VERY "cocker-centric". Most are now shooting either EvoX's, Matrix, or Imps of some flavor.

What struck me about their conversation was its topic... the X-Mag and AGD :) I heard the words... "Looks like AGD is back". Made me feel all warm and fuzzy. It was tough to stifle my laugh. :D

It seems the XMags light weight, cocker thread barrels, tremendous speed and gentle handing of paint are the buzz.

I just wanted to pass on.

Scorch

booyah
12-14-2002, 08:26 PM
All i gotta say is, its amazing how things spread.

All the cocker centric shops around me, all say mags suck, but when i walk in they get quiet in a hurry. I've been playing 3 years and very very few of them are willing to defend the "mags suck" statement in a 1 on 1.

The more mags out there with level 10 inside, and good players behind them pulling the trigger, either in tournaments or on the rec feild even, the more we are going to get recognition of being the gun of the future.

Many of us who are talking about how mags are coming back to hold a respectable position in the tourny level markers, are shooting at the target too modestly.

Mags are THE marker of the past and future...

WhyIsItUpsideDown?
12-14-2002, 08:41 PM
Yeah just played a tournament and everyone eyes grew wide with LX RTP. I was wailing on it, giving AGD a good name. There were tons of other people saying "I want a LX mag." After I broke down a lane and got 2 people out winning the game:D . Until I was just shooting it after we took 4th out of 11(not bad for a team that was put together in the morning) and it happened, LX chopped! Mostly because I didn't have my revolution turned on and it chopped even more!(whats wrong im running 2 shims 1.5 carrier and longest sprind)

Sorry off subject, anyways one of the most cockerized people said "Yeah mags suck...well except his", as he pointed at my gun. Just get LX, kick butt and spread the AGD goodness.

Also the field owners sons wanted to know if anyone is selling their Xmag or SFL Emag. Just PM me, since he is very very interested with my performance with just a LX RTP and he wanted cocker threads and it to be lighter so I convinced him to buy a Xmag, but then I remember that the next ones for sale are going to be sometime in the future that I dont know he wants a used one with probably everything on it, he has a Adrenalin Ice(1 of 2, I think) and maybe wants to trade. If mods this is basically a for sale thing just take this part down.

EsPo
12-14-2002, 08:46 PM
everyone at my shop thinks mags suck.. still. hehe.. they just dont know what theyre missin out on.

cphilip
12-14-2002, 08:46 PM
We ain't never been gone! Let the posers come to see Papa! :D

Quiet
12-14-2002, 09:33 PM
I'm with cphillip, AGD is not BACK. For it to be back it would have to have gone somewhere wouldn't it?

Viva La AGD!!!

RetroEclipseMan
12-14-2002, 09:49 PM
Yeah it's funny. Most people at my field shoot cockers or impulses and only a few of us (Joeyjoe&Blaze also) shoot mags. The last weekend we were there we actually had quite a few people gathered around checking out me and joey's gun's. They were quite impressed with the lvl10 and ver hesitant to put their fingers in the breech. I think they were most impressed with joey's gun with the warp feed and also the fact that he was rippn' on that thing like crazy and it wasn't even an electro. 950psi into that RTP makes it sound like a machine gun he shoots it so fast. But I won't be suprised if more people start shooting mags at my field.

kman
12-15-2002, 03:12 AM
Started out with a mag, bought an angel, then bought a nicer angel, then bought a matrix. Sold them all and putting level 10 + intelliframe + retro on the old mag. Life is good.

Jonno06
12-15-2002, 10:16 AM
I went from a Retro minimag...it was so perfect..all I needed was lx...but i was stupid,and traded it for a cocker...as soon as I get the cocker..it takes almost $250.00 to get it to even work....

:(...

im so dumb..

AGD
12-16-2002, 12:32 AM
Scorch,

WOW!!! Your post floored me! I really had come to the conclusion that the type of players you are talking about had permanently made up their minds about us. Your post tells me that maybe all our hard work and effort is starting to change some minds. I can't tell you what a lift this gave me. Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.

AGD

Dayspring
12-16-2002, 10:03 AM
Well, try this one on for size-

Several members from Black Cell went to Skirmish USA this weekend for their Half Price Weekend. I was surprised by what I saw. Only a handful of cockers were seen. Meanwhile, we saw several classic mags, a Micro-E, and a couple RT Pros. Many of these owners came up to us and were asking about the Mods we've been using (LX, Warp) as well as some of our guns themselves (Emag, RT Pro). I was even surprised by a Ref who had never seen a warp or a Halo-B before.

Near the end of a "not so good day" (2 tanks died- valve & reg, bunch of barrel breaks and what not), the team was hanging out with the techs and noticed 2 mags that people had turned in b/c they are malfunctioning. The tech said "I don't have the parts to fix them." So, Black Cell brought out the toolboxes and went to work. We replaced the sear, oiled & greased the valve in the Micro-Retro and found the owner to tell him "You can't use a Low Pressure tank on the gun." The RT-Pro was broken down and the problem was the on-off pin. (AGD Office Gals- he'll be ordering one today. :))

In closing? We made friends with some Angel guys, teched guns all over the field & handed out AO flyers to anyone who'd listen to us.

2003- The Year of the 'Mag

Little Matt
12-16-2002, 07:17 PM
I've never been a real big mag fan. I'v always liked elctros and cockers. Though I was forced into using a 68 classic at the vegas pan am, and I kinda liked it. At first I thought I was just getting sick or something, but then I turned out I liked the way it shot. So now I'm selling my impy that could possibly have another upgrade put on it, and planing on picking up a x-mag. At first I was wanting a IR3, but then I heard that the X is lighter. Well I would still like a IR3 becuase of all the stuff you can do with them, but I don't really need that. I'm a front mg so everyonce that I can take off to make it more comfortable the better. It hurts to say this becuase I've hated mags for so long, but I think I've been converted. Whats really going to be funny when I finally do get a X-mag and I show up at my local field with it. Then I'm really going to get made fun of. They know I've never cared for mags.

LOL

Later,

Ryknow
12-16-2002, 07:57 PM
AGD is back...I'll post a pic of the mag users at my field next time we are all playing together...its was over 12 ppl out of 16 walk ons playing that day...AGD IS BACK!!! lol...later guys
~Tyler

ringmasta187
12-16-2002, 08:23 PM
wow id like to know where all you guys play, cuz around me mags are not back. As a matter of fact i dont think they were ever in. Its strickly angels and cockers here. I think im the only AGD user around, and even though it dosnt bother me id still like to see some fellow users around just to talk to. But for the most part i just love shooting guys with 1500 dollar angels and then they ask me what kind of gun i have and they always reply with something like "you actually use them" or "they still make them" and i just love coming back at them with "hey it shot you out didnt it" O and i play at ECX in newark, delaware and for my 2 some years there i have yet to see a mag so if there are any mag users on this forum that play at ECX lmk. But owell, ill never give up my old school rt or micro emag whether AGD is popular or out of bussiness (which we all know will never happen).