PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Z-Grip

confedman75
12-14-2002, 11:18 PM
note: when i say pretend you accually pick up your hands off the mouse and keyboard and hold the "Ghost" zgrip, dont just pretend in your mind.

This is more of a two part thing in part one im saying that the Z-Grip is more accurate than a normal grip because it keeps your arm stable, then in paragraph 3, part 2, i just simply state it would be alittle more comfortable if they twisted it alittle bit.

Ok to start off pretend your shooting a normal grip(not Z), also pretend your holding a straight down front grip, notice how your elbows are in the air? and how they stick out to the side alittle? well now pretend your shooting a zgrip, and your other hand has the asa or tank regulator in the palm of your hand. notice how one elbow is resting on your hip and the other is against your body. now go back and forth on pretending your shooting an imaginary standard grip vs z-grip.

well i was thinking you know how if you locked your gun in a vise to a table how it will be more accurate(consistent) than if you are holding it in the air. well i was thinking that is what z-grip does because it rests your elbow on your hip bone, but with a normal grip it will rest on your ribs if not in the air. then when you shoot your gun it will move less if it is supported better, like the z-grip.

then i thought, what if the zgrip were twisted alittle so that, when you hold the imaginary z-grip that your thumb is point at your eye or face. the twisted part is just so it would be a little more comfortable.

is my finding good, dumb, new, old, INTELLIGENT?(jk);) give me some feedback

mysticosaku
12-15-2002, 12:25 AM
So, are you saying basically turning the trigger frame sideways? because if that's the case, I'm doing the imaginary thing right now, and it feels the same to me.

confedman75
12-15-2002, 12:52 AM
yeah but only turn it sideways like 5-3 degrees not much

Brak
12-15-2002, 06:18 PM
i dont get it

EsPo
12-15-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Brak
i dont get it

then dont post!!

i think its a good idea.

TippmannMan
12-16-2002, 07:00 PM
what about obese people? the elbow would be resting on their breasts :p well anyway about your plan. its a legit idea and it could work pretty well but i wouldnt want to use it all the time. when im on the break or just chasing down opponents the z-grip let alone any modified grip is very hindering to me. also from what i gathered it would seem very difficult to shoot ambidexterously. potential tho. maybe if it were adjustable...

confedman75
12-16-2002, 08:31 PM
you mean like push in a button and slid/twist it till it clicks on the other side?

TippmannMan
12-16-2002, 09:06 PM
that would be awesome but seemingly complicating

confedman75
12-16-2002, 09:12 PM
not realy almost every adjustable product has one, hey even automatic cars have them changing from drive to park.

TippmannMan
12-16-2002, 09:46 PM
true but its hard to do that with a trigger unless you see a way of doing it that i dont. it seems you would have to make things cylindrical at some point. you have to remember the things that make a trigger work like the sear and rod. it would be pretty difficult to make all of that be adjustable without drastically changing the design of the marker. like imagine how the marker would be activated when it is turned backwards or sideways. but anyway its pointless theres always exceptions and i got exams tomorrow so ill cya later. dont give up

flanders
12-23-2002, 02:30 AM
crap for speedball

u have to have ur body flat to the feild u can't shoot sideways very impracticle

but good for woods probably

mysticosaku
12-23-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by flanders
crap for speedball

u have to have ur body flat to the feild u can't shoot sideways very impracticle

but good for woods probably
Which is why it would be ajustible. Noramal for speedball and then twisted for woods. There, problem solved.

confedman75
12-24-2002, 01:34 PM
three twist click settings
1.twisted left
2.centered
3.twisted right
that would be awesome if tom put that into the intelli Z

flanders
12-25-2002, 05:31 AM
oic very nice

the sear wouldn't have to change would probably have to become more like a pyromid but thats it

confedman75
12-25-2002, 04:15 PM
the sear could be like

(hope this doesnt squish against the wall){edit-it did, the *'s is just blank space}

********/\
*******/**\
******/****\
******|****|
******|****|
then it could slide back and forth, but then it would wear very fast unless it had a tungsten tipp, very strong metal, also very expensive.

flanders
12-25-2002, 08:48 PM
agreed

aut911
12-30-2002, 11:33 AM
if you really want to get this grip beyond the wouldnt it be cool stage, i would concider either designing the grip to engage the sear electronically or pneumatically, but thats just a suggestion.

aut

FooTemps
01-02-2003, 07:37 AM
i think that tilting the z-grip right or left would be great, that way you can center the weight more w/ an offset drop and get your arm around the tank.

ras92833
01-02-2003, 09:55 PM
why would you want to turn it right? that would bend your wrist more making it less comfortable but turning it left would str8en your wrist making it more comfortable and easier to center weight

FooTemps
01-03-2003, 05:26 AM
Well, it doesn't have to be right, it can be left. You see you have to reach around the tank to hold a z-grip. Most people use offset drops to fix this problem, but the weight is biased to one side when the happens, tilting the grip would center the weight and make it easier to reach around the tank.

confedman75
01-03-2003, 11:15 AM
yeah but for the amedexris people would have to have a special drop to twist click also. that gives me an idea

this is the bottom view of the grip, with the twist click drop/asa

confedman75
01-03-2003, 11:32 AM
Front view(as if looking from the barrel to the grip) of the bottom of the grip(kinda confusing sentance :confused: )

I'll explain it from top down

1.Top plate - what the bottom plate slides against, knotches are so the bottom plate can get stuck in it.

2.Bottom plate - slides against the top plate with pressure from a......

3.Spring - pushes bottom plate against top plate, to keep it under pressure there is a........

4. Third plate with some sort of button or knob on it(not in picture) to pull the bottom plate from the top plate.

TippmannMan
01-07-2003, 04:16 PM
sounds more promising than i originally thought it to be. tho i think (at least for me) this is something i need to see made before i can really understand what youre thinking about

magnj
01-09-2003, 05:35 PM
are we talking about Actualy making it so its no longer parallel with to body rail or twisting it so its still parallel with the rail but twisted, bah. Like twisted so that the back of the grip would be one one half of the gun and the trigger on the other. Ah its hard to explain.

confedman75
01-09-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by magnj
are we talking about Actualy making it so its no longer parallel with to body rail or twisting it so its still parallel with the rail but twisted, bah. Like twisted so that the back of the grip would be one one half of the gun and the trigger on the other. Ah its hard to explain.
you mean........look at your mouse see the two buttons? do you mean put a button on the side of the grip?

magnj
01-10-2003, 08:22 AM
no they are talking about the whole frame, im not sure in what way though

Lethargic
01-12-2003, 12:54 PM
Alright, I'm looking at the sear from my RT, I'm thinking you could put a swivel right where the sear goes to vertical, and then it could rotate with you when you rotated the grip. Also, about the grip itself rotating, why not make the top of the grip circular, with a bearing and a locking mechanism? then you could adjust it to whatever position felt comfortable, just by depressing a button on the frame. Also, it would made it so that you could adjust the frame to whatever degree you like.

just my .02

Oh, I would buy one of these if you found a way to make them