PDA

View Full Version : Guys...it was horrible!

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
12-15-2002, 12:14 AM
I owned a cocker for a couple months...
please Tom, forgive me for I have sinned. It was terrible compared to a mag...I have top go take another shower to try and get the cocker feel off my hands..

AutomagRT1483
12-15-2002, 12:32 AM
I feel your pain. I've had mine for about 6 months and I've had to get it re-timed 3 times already. I'm at the point to where it needs to go but I have not found a buyer for it yet.

Automaggin2
12-15-2002, 02:18 AM
well, i just converted to the dark side. i worked my butt off for this gun!

rikkter
12-15-2002, 02:23 AM
if your willing to sell just the cocker for dirt cheap, i'll buy it.
i want a cocker just to toy with

joeyjoe367
12-15-2002, 04:16 AM
I owned an autococker for a week. Never even played with it.

'nuff said.

EsPo
12-15-2002, 09:09 AM
i never owned a cocker, but ive shot a few, and i like the trigger much better than my mag, i just cant find the courage to get rid of my baby. mags have really bad resale lately.

rdb123
12-15-2002, 09:12 AM
Yeah, that's true. Even if it is new in box, expect to lose a little over 50%.

=\

Anyone have an explanation for why the mag resale is horrible?

-Ron

magnj
12-15-2002, 09:14 AM
i dont know, THey shouldnt theese things never break, just cuz someone put paint thru tthe valves they are still good. ANd we all know how strong the bodies are.

Jonno06
12-15-2002, 10:03 AM
i have a cocker:-d...and I love it...

but i also loved my mag....

next i am going back to the good side..and I am gonna get some kind of emag...

Python14
12-15-2002, 11:12 AM
I have a cocker and it's pretty nice. But still, it ain't a mag.

petefol
12-15-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by EsPo
i never owned a cocker, but ive shot a few, and i like the trigger much better than my mag, i just cant find the courage to get rid of my baby. mags have really bad resale lately.
then make your mag trigger pneumatic
http://air-soldier.com/~punisher/pneu2.jpg
http://air-soldier.com/~punisher/pneu4.jpg

magman007
12-15-2002, 11:49 AM
Ah yes, let me tell you kiddies of magman and his cocker.... the visual is below... You see, i had this nice rt pro, freak kit, intelli , and all.... vert feed... beautiful marker if i may say so my self. Well, one day i decided, im bored with you, i cant do too much with you. I want a custom cocker. Well, a good friend of mine, PSychomag on these boards, his team was sponsored by kapp, and he offered me some great deals. IOt started off that i could get a flame cocker for an insanely low price, but they decided to change the body style around, which jacked the price. Well I had already sold my rtp and all that stuff, and had just gotten the money for my cocker. Well, what we decided to do, was have kapp build me a custom cocker. Using one of their body's, and adding all the flame internals and the tuning. Boy was it a beaute. Smoothest, shortest, and lightest triggerpull i ever felt on a cocker. But soon, after being on ao, i felt like an outsider.... I needed another mag... I also needed to buy the rest of the componets for the cocker, like my reg, and a new tank, as well as a drop. Well, the day i got my reg, i contacted donggie. He had a used e-mag he would trade me straight up, so thats what i did, before i even shot her. Soon later i was back to the mag world. happy with an e-mag. and just so you all think im crazy, here is what i traded away....

Bonx0007
12-15-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by CoFFeY[NiTrO]
I owned a cocker for a couple months...
please Tom, forgive me for I have sinned. It was terrible compared to a mag...I have top go take another shower to try and get the cocker feel off my hands..

uh o I am the poor slob with your gun...well i need something to mess with anyway. It will be the loaner gun.;)

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
12-15-2002, 12:52 PM
I admit it is a great gun...but they are definetly not for me. :)

giblit
12-15-2002, 03:52 PM
i owned a cocker for 2 months then i traded it for a mag then i sold that mag and got another mag!!!

mags till i die

Me
12-15-2002, 04:48 PM
I'm looking for a cocker. has to be vert, not stock. nice milling and color.

halB
12-15-2002, 07:20 PM
i dont know where exactly guys get off by saying that cockers never break as much as they say or that their reliable, every person with a cocker that i have seen come play at me field has had mucho problems. i have still to see a cocker work correctly for a whole day

rikkter
12-15-2002, 07:43 PM
i see them work all day a lot, guess you dont play that much?

Mango
12-15-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by petefol

then make your mag trigger pneumatic
http://air-soldier.com/~punisher/pneu2.jpg
http://air-soldier.com/~punisher/pneu4.jpg

Thats like putting donut tires on a Ferrari isent it?:p

Me
12-15-2002, 07:47 PM
i have seen my share of broken mags....and cockers and i think i've seen an angel down. ok,all guns break....except tippys,lol

halB
12-15-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by rikkter
i see them work all day a lot, guess you dont play that much?
not really, working all day at my field every weekend doesnt leave me much time to play

TippmannMan
12-15-2002, 07:55 PM
one of my friends is a complete paintball retard and only knows how to fire his autococker. hes had it for about a year id say and i know for a FACT that he would never be able to time his autococker. is it cause its not that necessary? it still performs pretty well

Ov3rmind
12-15-2002, 10:57 PM
I have seen Cockers go down, as well as many other guns. However, I don't see them go down nearly as much as everyone always says they do. I have only seen one Mag go down ever, but then again, there's about 483279825435632 times more Cockers here than Mags.

If you're not willing to learn the ways of the Cocker, how to tune it, and how it works, don't bother buying one. That's all I have to say.

Dubstar112
12-16-2002, 03:05 PM
Dark side.. does it look like this?

mykroft
12-16-2002, 05:12 PM
I've owned 2 cockers. Still regret trading the first (The ReTro I got in trade has been something of a lemon), the second went due to a temporary leave of absence from Paintball (Ending next April), had too much cash tied up in guns, cockers are a dime a dozen, and it was intended for a project.

That Automacker is supposed to be sickly fast. I want one, if I ever get the valve on my Retro working reliably, it will be going off to Punisher for the conversion (Albeit with an Eclipse Blade Frame).