PDA

View Full Version : reactor valve question

Chad_one
12-15-2002, 06:23 PM
I was just wondering if anyone here knew where i could get a picture or intructions on how the reactor valve on/off assembly parts go in, or if anyone knew and if so please give pic or describe how i would put it in. Also i don't know this because i bought the gun used and it was in it so i don' have instruction. And which way does the on/off pin go in with the reactor valve notch side down or up, down being going in first

toymyster
12-15-2002, 07:55 PM
Really there is one way those things go together, if you put it in wrong, it will just leak, I don't even remember who made those things!!! Anyway, trial and error would be the method I suggest!! You can't hurt your gun by putting the valve in wrong, if that's your concern!!

ChucktheMAGician
12-15-2002, 08:16 PM
I think I got the link right, http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=142&CATID=6

Chad_one
12-15-2002, 08:16 PM
ok, thanks what brought me to this question is I turn the air on to my gun via flatline at what its supposed to be at can't quiet remeber where though, anyway i turned the air on and it doesn't make the click noise like it should and when i try to fire it won't. There is some tension on the trigger but no fire and i thought the on/off might of been wrong. Any other suggestion are welcome. thx

i.e. could the trigger rod be set to short?

rikkter
12-15-2002, 09:11 PM
how much pressure are you puting in the gun?how much air is even left in the tank? check your bolt spring and trigger rod.

Chad_one
12-16-2002, 09:03 AM
i'm running at around 800 psi with a full 3000.

rikkter
12-16-2002, 03:30 PM
well try puting theold onoff valve in there and see if that fixes it. if it doeswell then.. iuno, thats beyond me.
if it still doesn't work check your sping and trigger rod

Chad_one
12-16-2002, 04:34 PM
i would but i bought it with the reactor and i don't have the original.Oh and which spring, and on the trigger rod do you suggest shorting it or lengthing it.

rikkter
12-16-2002, 05:13 PM
take the valve out and on the bolt there is a spring. the spring should be about a quarter or more of a inch longer then the end of the bolt.
i *think* the correct length of the rod should be 1/16th(about width of a credit card) of a inch away from the trigger when it is in its forwardmost state. but look up the correct length
but it should be 1.98"

Automag
12-16-2002, 07:17 PM
That's what you get for buying a mag. Personally I don't like them from experience. The only mag I have ever owned or will ever own leaked and had the same problems that yours did so I pawned it off to some poor sucker who paid way too much for it. You would be better off getting rid of the mag and buying something worth your time and hard earned money. Never trust a third party seller that doesn't know what he's talking about in the first place. You got ripped cut your losses and live w/ it.

The ever knowing wonderfully talented kind hearted person,
Me

rikkter
12-16-2002, 08:16 PM
yep and they're probably the easier marker to fix if you have half a brain.

Chad_one
12-16-2002, 08:32 PM
you probably are some woods player with a stingray you dumb @#$%. You probably call it a freaking shocker or something cool but all in all you have one piece of *cough*.:p

toymyster
12-16-2002, 09:10 PM
See what happens when you leave the window open?? You get all kinds of annoying insects crawling in here!!!! Chad, why don't you go to the AGD website and download the instruction manual, that should answer a lot questions for you!!! As far as the trigger rod: set it to factory length, and leave it alone!! A lot of self proclaimed "airsmiths" who don't have a clue, actuualy try and mess with the trigger rod length to do a "trigger job"!! Absolutely wrong thing to do!! As far as the spring goes, there is only one spring outside the valve system: the main bolt spring!! Hope this helps!!
And Rikkter, I think you mentioned the key word: you must have half a brain!!

toymyster
12-16-2002, 09:11 PM
And by the way Chad, Ignore him, he was probably abused as a child!!!

Nobody077
12-16-2002, 11:03 PM
OK dont laugh at my crappy paint drwaing but this should get you going. Check your trigger rod length , I think rikkter is right, about a credit card space between the rod and trigger shoe. If the sear shows iny wear just replace it(then the rod length will be factory set). Also look at this link http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=153&CATID=6 it for the classic valve just ignor the on/off parts and follow my crappy drawing for it. Make shure all o-rings look good and are oiled. Hope this helps

pbzmag
12-17-2002, 11:31 PM
Are you talking about aftermarket valve like the picture below? If you are, the piece with the holes on the side goes in first.