PDA

View Full Version : My first Mag

Greg Smith
12-16-2002, 04:05 PM
Just bought my first mag on line from a seller on e-bay. It is an older (ser#25893) standard feed with a back bottle adaptor and a "pipe" for a barrel. A few replaced o-rings and it fired perfectly. It was nice and broke-in as well. The trigger was snappy but not to tight (very nice).

Question:

I do not like the grip. I want a single trigger 45 grip but have heard that the Mag Benchmark frames left something to be desired. Any suggestions? I don't need an intellefeed.

digitard
12-16-2002, 04:08 PM
I would still go with the Blade trigger Intelliframe to be honest ... you dont have to setup the Intellifeed to your hopper, but its a VERY comfortable 45 grip ....Great trigger reaction, and when (if) you eventually decide to put in an XValve you'll get GREAT performance from it.

I'm sure you can find one used in the classifieds for a good price.

Sincerely,
Dave K

Xerces
12-16-2002, 04:08 PM
first off, welcome to AO. hope you like your mag!

if you want a single finger trigger, i'd take a look at dye's. what kind of grips do you have on your trigger frame right now? they can be alot more comfortable with some rubber ones(i believe VL makes some) hope that helps.

Greg Smith
12-16-2002, 04:17 PM
It has the original M-16 stle grips, not the 45s.
The two finger grips don't have that real short snap that the singles have, or at least not as much. I've fired Mags before with either aftermarket double triggers or the grip I have now. I'm looking for the trigger of the grip I have now with the angle and comfort of a 45 grip.

By the way Xerces, where in NOVA are you located? I live in Herndon.

LawFox32
12-16-2002, 06:03 PM
Heck Yeah for Va AOers hitting the scene, we are gonna have to have a big AO meet sometime

Jonno06
12-16-2002, 06:55 PM
i would get a dye 1x frame...

welcome to the mag forum(so what if i own a cocker?!:p)

Xerces
12-16-2002, 07:02 PM
south eastern fairfax county. where do you usually play? i mostly go to pevs/AG

RetroEclipseMan
12-16-2002, 07:03 PM
Yeah, if you're looking for a single trigger frame definately look into the dye one. I had one on my mag and it was nice. Still not as nice as the inteli-frame but for a single trigger frame it was short and snappy with no slop.

Greg Smith
12-17-2002, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the help. I guess I'll head over to Pev's and order the Dye 1x frame.

I play at all the Leesburg fields. Last game I played at AG was the Blackhawk down scenerio game. 800+ people...what a game.

I am a member of the Old Men and Heavy Weights. We have a bunch of guys in teh NOVA area and they're ichin' to play!