PDA

View Full Version : I made my ski team!

Brak
12-16-2002, 04:34 PM
BOOYAH! my ski team was the second best in the state last year and the best in the state 3 years before that, and i didn't think i had a chance. but my friend and i, the only 2 skiers from our old middle school that went to my highschool (its a private school) went and tried out. Freshman making the team is almost unheard of unless you are a brother of a member (3 other freshmen got in that way), and i didn't think i would make it.

The first course sucked we made, and after a kid hit a tree (hilarious!) we changed it to a normal course. We had huge problems with too much digging, gates falling over, and we were forced to move a gate because a kid carved through the snow and hit mud.

My friend was borrowing all of his equipment and i had brand new boots to break in (HURTS LIKE HELL!!), and neither of us were at the top of our game. We both thought we werent going to make the team, and after hearing from a kid in my class that i didnt, i was sure i didnt make it.
but then i heard that we made it and i was so happy! i ran to the bulletin board and there my name was!

this is gonna be the best winter EVER! THIS RULES!

HoppysMag
12-16-2002, 05:31 PM
ya for my team on friday were were braking gates clean off the screws, and me arnt sure why... we replaced all the screwson the bases and hopefully they will work now. Congrats by the way

EsPo
12-16-2002, 05:42 PM
dude, where do you go skiing? in CT, if soo, that kinda sucks.. ive been boarding for 4 years, and i realized that if you want to go and like fool around or suttin, go to a mountain in CT, but if ya want to have some fun in the north east, go to NH, the mountains are bigger than VT, but with less publicity.

Brak
12-16-2002, 05:44 PM
I go to prep, and you probably know how hard it is to get on their ski team. we tried out at butternut (thats why it sucked so badly) and our races are all over the place

theraidenproject
12-16-2002, 08:20 PM
Congrats! You told me didn't think you'd made it though. Anyway, glad you did end up making the team. I would do skiing as my winter sport this year, except for the simple fact I am incredibly bad at it. Well, I went last year for the first time in 6 years, if that counts as an excuse.