PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Freeforall

boss_automager
12-16-2002, 06:39 PM
Who do you think should have won Heisman? Johnson gets my vote.

boss_automager
12-16-2002, 06:40 PM
i think these were the top 4

TigerMan
12-16-2002, 07:39 PM
Dorsey finished last, McGahee was 4th. It went:
Palmer
Banks
Johnson
McGahee
Dorsey

dre1919
12-17-2002, 10:07 AM
I would have given it to Larry Johnson or Brad Banks. I think you have to look at the impact each had on their teams success...that's a lot of what the Heisman is about anyway. It supposed to be given to the most outstanding individual player, someone who made the biggest difference in the season. I could say "Where would Iowa be without Brad Banks?" but the same could be said for USC without Palmer, so that kinda negates that idea. I think Miami would still be lookin' good even without Dorsey in there. He's got a lot of natural talent, but by this point Miami's current cast is a machine and he's got the car keys to it. His job isn't so much to win the games, it's more about not losing them IMO.

I don't think Palmer was all that when you look at his career at USC. His numbers other than his senior year aren't stellar at all, but this is a single year type of award, so career stats don't matter. It's why Dorsey doesn't get any love for his great win loss record total. Anyway, I think Larry Johnson didn't have as much total talent around him and he made 2,000 yards look easy. It's one of the more difficult milestones to reach in a season, and he could have had more yards than what he got. They didn't even play him the second half of the last game against MSU. Banks has talent around him at Iowa, but can anybody really name them off the top of their head? So my vote would go to either Banks or Johnson in a coinflip or something.