PDA

View Full Version : Good mid player marker...?

darklord
12-16-2002, 08:35 PM
Hey guys, me and a few of my friends have started looking at rookie tournies, and was wondering what was a better mid player marker: a regular e-mag, or an X-valve mag with a milled slug body? I have a LX 68 classic with an I-Frame right now and have been looking to upgrade for some time. I'll most likely be playing mid/tape. Right now I feel I can shoot a good 8-10 bps on my mag, probably more if I had an X-valve, but I was wondering if I really needed the extra firepower that an emag has to offer, while sacrificing the weight reduction of a milled slug body and an x-valve.

rdb123
12-16-2002, 09:13 PM
Well, I play front and I can tell you that it will help if you grab the E-mag. Why? Well, if you end up getting pinned down, you'll have the firepower to shoot your way out.

But heck, you asked for mid players. I guess the same would still apply however.

btw, what is your current setup anyway?

-Ron

darklord
12-16-2002, 09:22 PM
my current setup:

grey powerfeed H/R minimag body
68 Classic valve
level 10
12" DYE boomstick
Black Intelliframe with blade trigger
Shocktech drop w/ on/off ASA
and a AA black ice reg that I use as a foregrip

Oh yeah and I have a 12v revvy w/ x-board, and a 88/4500 crossfire tank with a DYE rhino cover.

personman
12-16-2002, 09:56 PM
I clicked on pie (yay) but if I were you I would go for the e-mag.. thats what I'm doing..

EsPo
12-16-2002, 09:59 PM
ya cant put a slug body on a regular mag... its gotta be an emag or rtp, im almost positive about that.

JEDI
12-16-2002, 10:03 PM
How will a slug body effect your performance on the feild? Maybe a Retro or X-valve will help your rate of fire. I'd say get the Emag.

yeahthatsme
12-16-2002, 10:05 PM
espo: the bodies are all interchangeble except for the mag to emag/rtpro bodies, so i think that a slugg will work with his mag.

BajaBoy
12-16-2002, 10:13 PM
i think emag.. for a back or mid. but the rt whatever will do u just fine too (i thought about it myself) i think maybe in srping im gunna look into an angel. I was watchin the WC and loved how they looked when they walked the trigger on an angel

Major Ho
12-16-2002, 10:57 PM
Why is this poll so biased. Its either mag or another mag...Not saying there is anything wrong with any of those mags but...So ill have to go with pie, eat it on the sideline...

darklord
12-17-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Major Ho
Why is this poll so biased. Its either mag or another mag... Why is it so biased? Since I wasn't going to throw in the option of every single marker available for the hell of it, and if I make a major purchase or purchases, it's gonna be for my mag, or a new mag. I've owned an Autochopper before, so that's out of the question. So far my mag has never let me down, and I plan on keeping it that way.
On another note, interesting that a lot of people voted for the emag... I will probably look into it when I get a job and some money. Despite that, I'd love some more input, people! :D

darklord
12-17-2002, 09:08 PM
bump