PDA

View Full Version : Damn Polls

confedman75
12-16-2002, 10:12 PM
how many of you hate it when people over use polls?

Spray Painter
12-16-2002, 10:15 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

darklord
12-16-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Spray Painter
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I second that motion.

Emagster
12-16-2002, 10:44 PM
hipocrit;) ...polls dont really bother me. sometimes its the best way to get the all around concincus(sp?) of how people feel

RRfireblade
12-16-2002, 10:54 PM
Polls aren't a problem if they have a point.The problem is SOME people like to start completely useless threads about.....oh,I don't know....POLLS,Favorite Paint,other peoples markers,just to name a few.If SOME people are that board they should be over at Friendly Corner wasting thier time.

Jay.

JEDI
12-17-2002, 08:47 AM
Polls piss me off. They seem very pointless, and dont seem to accomplish anything. The choices are usually mind-numbingly unthought out, and then people post "what I think is" any way disregarding the options. Polls stink

Will Wood
12-17-2002, 09:07 AM
Yes..annoying polls :D

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60342

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60340

dansim
12-17-2002, 09:16 AM
:rolleyes:

Xerces
12-17-2002, 03:41 PM
what a worthwhile poll

TippmannMan
12-17-2002, 04:30 PM
gotta love these pics :D

ß.C.
12-17-2002, 05:33 PM
I don't mind polls, but I agree with RRfireblade, I mind the people who use them for pointless uses :mad: they love clogging forum space and people JUST DON'T CARE. Ever realize it's the people who post pointless threads that respond to them? For example:

There are 4 AO members, member A, B, C, and D

Member A posts, "I like mags" POLL:

I like them too
I hate them
PIE(this choice really should be "stop clogging the forum)

B, C, and D respond with their opinions

Later that day member B posts, "What's your favorite field sport?" POLL:

Paintball
Baseball
Football
Soccer
LAX
PIE

members A, C, and D repsond with their opinions

then C and D post their own retarded threads and once they are done beening space waste, they start the process over again to build up their post count.

Sorry for the long example but I'm pretty sure that it's because of these people that AO faced that "change" guys who have been here before 02 know what I'm talking about right? Remember? One sale forum, dealers forum, pball talk, friendly corner, tech forum, and deep blue and THATS ALL. It was like a community where everyone was friendly and knew everyone else. . . .

confedman75
12-17-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by dansim
:rolleyes:
hehheh, wait, i wasnt trying to be funny. im serious, i think polls get annoying when they are over used, like this one as an example.

FalconGuy016
12-17-2002, 08:24 PM
I once g ot my screen set up where every post was a poll... it was like 30 polls, I took a screenshot but forget to save it :(

FutureMagOwner
12-18-2002, 03:53 PM
at times like this i wish i still had a copy of my george bush picture maybe i still have it

FordPrefect
12-18-2002, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I think the polls are getting a little excessive. Take it to Friendly Corner, guys. This shot was taken a minute ago.

toymyster
12-18-2002, 07:14 PM
Hear, hear!! This thread is similar to the one I posted a while back titled "Are you tired of pointless polls"!! It was, of course, another poll!!

Blazingace
12-18-2002, 09:39 PM
I like polls. I don't like it when they have no meaning. I like to see what other people think in specific terms. If they all just posted about something you could never really get a clear indication of what they like or dislike.

TheMagGuy
12-31-2002, 01:46 PM
I don't mind polls at all. The best ones are the polls that rate paintball products. I get bored and really have nothing better to do than answer people's polls. But I hate pointless ones like this!