PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse shocker, angel or modular emag?

LCDmag1
08-31-2001, 10:40 AM
I am trying to decide on a tournament quality gun I will get soon as i get the cash. I know everyone always says get what you like, well the only one of those i have shot would be the angel, my brother has one. I value you guys opinions very highly. Out of those choices what would you get and why. I am looking for the best problem free performance. The reason i was leaning toward a shocker is b/c it simple does not chop paint, and the mag i have now if properly set up does not chop paint, but if and when it does it is nasty. So assumeing that i get a halo with any of these choices, i guess i could rule out choping with the emag. I just don't want to get an angel like most people just do, yes they are good guns but i think they are overrated. Any pros and cons are cool, thanks.

slayer
08-31-2001, 12:06 PM
Wow, that is a lot of trust to put into someone like me. I really really suggest trying the guns before you buy them. I own a regular emag and it is really nice. Although I have never owned another gun in its tier. So, I can't say anything about any of the other guns.

The emag shoots really fast, and it is heavy, but relatively comfortable to hold, and balance fairly well. For me, it is more accurate than a mechanical gun only because I am not exerting as much force to pull the trigger.

One thing, if you wind up getting a really light C&C angel and then put a heavy tank on it I will beat you up because to me that is defeating the purpose of a light gun. We don't have to worry about that happening if you buy a shocker though...*snicker*

Jeb_Hoge
08-31-2001, 12:33 PM
I'd absolutely try out a Bushmaster variant before getting an Angel. An Eclipse or Sonic Bushy IMO is as good or better than just about any Angel, and any tricked-out Bushy is going to cost the same or less than a standard LCD Angel. And if you're not concerned so much about cosmetics, you can get a well-tuned Vapor Bushmaster for well under $700. Just for perspective, I shot an Eclipse Bushmaster and an E-Mag on the same day. Had I been able to afford it, I might have sprung for the Mag, but I own a Bushmaster now.

FeelTheRT
08-31-2001, 12:51 PM
I've owned a Bushmaster before and I did not like it. It's awfully tall and the trigger frame's angle seems to be abit longer than most other guns.

mykroft
08-31-2001, 02:21 PM
Avoid the Vapor Bushy's like the plague, the stock ones are better, the Eclipse and Sonic's on the otherhand are a match for any angel.

The Shocker isn't really any bigger than an angel these days, it's come a long way from the shoebox with a barrel, but expect to need a 68/45 system minimum, 88/45 if you play back. It's decent looking in current incarnations too.

the Angel is an excellent gun, would be a decent deal if it was 1/2 the price, it doesn't offer anything beyond bragging rights over a bushy or timmy.

Intimidators rock, but are a bit long, try one, you may just like it.

Excalibur's unimpressive, more expensive than an Angel, but doesn't go toe-to-toe with the other high end matrkers.

E-Mag 2 guns, one price, it's worth the money, just for the built in backup, especially if you keep a spare valve handy.

------------------
Mykroft Holmes IV
------------------
My Mags:
CF11023, Classic Feed, 16" CP .689, 14" JnJ Stainless, Ring trigger, WGP Reg, Diamond Labs Ti Reg Adjuster.

VV00614(Valve)/VV00423(reg), Black Teflon HR Powerfeed, 16" SP AA,14" JnJ Ceramic, AGD Intelliframe Blade, Benchy Crossfire cradle/on-off, black foregrip, Macroline.
PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" R.A.Heinlein - 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'

LCDmag1
08-31-2001, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the input most likly i will stay loyal to the mag family, i can try an emag at my local field sometime. I just have to find a shocker to shoot. Sorry but i just don't like bushys that much, they always seemed to tall.

Cha0tic
08-31-2001, 03:21 PM
lets keep on the topic. shocker, angel, emag.

i like the shocker because it is fast, smooth and quiet. it is lighter these days so holding it isn't that bad.

the angel is overpriced for its performance, but can be customized by many companies. fast and light. good choice if you have some money.

the emag is kinda heavy, fast, and has a manual mode. good for the price, and is backed by the best customer support in the business.

in my opinion, i would either get the shocker or the emag. go to your local field and see if you can shoot them before you buy them.

LCDmag1
08-31-2001, 03:55 PM
Can or is the shocker just as fast as an emag, without the maggnets etc.? I guess with the shocker you get more modes of fire too, correct?

Plastic_Mercenarie_39
08-31-2001, 04:29 PM
I honestly have to say i had the priveledge to shoot a shocker it was sweeeeet it was much lighter than i thought it would be get this with tank and loader it was lighter than my mag with a 16oz tank expansion chamber and 12v revy no lie but i really want to shoot one of the new modular e-mag because i feel they are the best looking gun out there and also wait a little ifyou ask me because there is another company coming out with a new type e-mag besides shoctech i think it was well i hope i helped bye

------------------
_-_-_-_-_-_-_
-Automag-
classic
-Intelliframe-(soon)
12" 32° Carbon
16oz Co2
CP lightning DF
Macro Lines
_ _ _ _____________ _ _ _
If you can only win by using the spray and pray method then you need to jet down to K-Mart and pick your self up a Big-A$$ can of skill!!!!~ME~
-------------------------
Run fast,Slide Low,Shoot Straight
-------------------------
Accuracy Prevails over Speed
-------------------------------------------------
Oh yeah check this place out it's super funny
www.stickballmovies.com (http://www.stickballmovies.com)

mac2k4
08-31-2001, 05:41 PM
well the bushmaster is about equal to a stock angel, can't even hang on a lcd angel.

If your worried abou the safeness of electrnics(ya don't need to be though) the e-mag would be your chosie. the shocker won't shoot as fast as a e-mag though, a angel lcd can, the lcd angels have more firin modes, i'm not sure about the e-mag, and the shocker has only semi.

Well i think the shocker is a sweet gun, the shocker is very quiet, the angel lcd is very fast, and the e-mag is nice too.

It is all your preference, although i'm biased to lcd angels... its all up to you.

------------------
Team Eclipse Front player

2k1 dark lcd angel, Angel a.i.r 68ci/45g. Dye boomer

Team page: http://banzai.homstead.com/home.html

DryIce
08-31-2001, 06:30 PM
Have you tried out a matrix?
You might want to look into them...

------------------
http://www.galaxy-pc.com/mag <---my automag

http://www.galaxy-pc.com/mag/wiringdiagram.jpg <--- Warpfeed Intellifeed diagram

Ni cD
08-31-2001, 09:37 PM
Ok, this is coming from a Shocker owner ('99 Glacier)...

Yeah, Shockers are quiet, smooth...whatever. No, they don't weigh as much as one might think (about the same as an E-Mag w/ sight rail and what not), but out of the two (E-Mag vis-a-vis Shocker)...the E-Mag is a world better. Especially what with all the stuff AGD is coming out with these days. Go for the E-Mag, IMO.

Ni cD
08-31-2001, 11:11 PM
Shocker -
Pros: Great consistency, quiet, no ball chops.
Cons: Heavy, big, slow, inefficient on gas.

E-Mag -
Pros: No shootdown, electronic to manual with the flip of a switch, very fast, AGD support.
Cons: Heavy, chops paint on occasion.

IMO, the E-Mag is a better buy.