PDA

View Full Version : Is the risk of getting a hyperframe worth it??

talls
08-31-2001, 09:01 PM
after seeing the videos of the centerflag and halo together I think it changed my mind on my next upgrade. I just want to know if everyone thinks it is worth the risk of all the problems that people report having? Thanks

------------------
I'll see you in the middle

hinjac
08-31-2001, 10:02 PM
I bought a hyperframe for my Minimag in June and was amazed by it until 800 shots. That is when the bolt started sticking, because it was being chipped from the sear. I called Centerflag, mail the whole mag to them and I received it back less than a week with a new frame, on/off pin and bolt. I have since then fire over 2000 shots without any damage to the bolt or remarkably, not one broken paintball yet.
There is a very detailed article in the archives of warpig.com that the writer had the exact same problem. He also owned a seven year old Minimag like myself. His problem was corrected with a longer on/off pin.
I have met another player with a hyperframe who ground or smoothed his sear to permanently correct his guns problems. That seems to be the risk when installing an aftermarket part. Sometimes it has to be tweaked, because of the low tolerances on these well crafted guns. At least Centerflag stands behind there products. I am fairly pleased and am optimistic continue to perform well now.