PDA

View Full Version : I think i got burnt.......

SpongeBobSquarePants
12-17-2002, 05:45 PM
Hey guys has anyone ever got burnt on a trade??? I think I have, I traded a video game bf1942 for a mantis pack and it has been 3 weeks, nothing has showed up at my door and he will not respond to my emails. I have his Name and Phone Number. Any advice as to what I should do and how I should go about it? I mean its just a matter of $20 bucks or so but still its the priniciple(sp)of the matter.

Quiet
12-17-2002, 06:04 PM
Use the phone number, if it's fake then you are most likely getting worked over, if it's real find out what's up.

EsPo
12-17-2002, 06:15 PM
i ALWAYS ask for the persons phone number so i can look it up on whitepages.com and make sure there not givin me a phony adress. i would call the cops in his local town... thats just me though. before that threaten to take legal action, then see if he responds, if he doesnt, then do it.

TNS2k2
12-17-2002, 06:38 PM
what you do is... when trading and you send first, or him, you/he scans the receipt for sending then you send to that address, i dont know of how many would lie to a Post office, cause if it didnt match up. BAM he is caught.

Dern
12-17-2002, 07:34 PM
You might want to wait a little longer because UPS and most other shipping companies are really slow around the holidays... we are in crunch time right now. So just be wary... however dont wait like more than a month total.

Skoad
12-17-2002, 08:24 PM
you probably should of seen if you could get the pack first, because i know theres a lot of people out there that are desparate for CD-Keys for online games.

If you happen to get your game back if you call up EA, the phone number is in the book they'll have yo take a picture of your cd key with a digi camera and email it to them and they'll get a new cd key for ya.

Hope the trade works out one way or another

rdb123
12-17-2002, 08:46 PM
How lame is that? Someone has to scam another person for a game instead of pirating it... *shakes head*

Then again, they'd have to get around the CD Key issue though.

I hope everything turns out well, and yes, it probably is just crunch time from the holidays. I waited in line for 30minutes at the post office. =)

-Ron

Kevmaster
12-17-2002, 09:57 PM
call the phone #. thats your best bet...if its fake, then youre pretty much screwed, although you can call the local cops

rdb123
12-17-2002, 10:05 PM
Well, he has the guy's mailing address of course. =)

-Ron