PDA

View Full Version : do you think....

sniper05
12-17-2002, 05:57 PM
I recently bought a used minimag with a magic box and I want a retro valve and level10. DO you think I could still get the 100 off with tradein if I have the magic box on?

Quiet
12-17-2002, 06:02 PM
Don't think so..

digitard
12-17-2002, 06:05 PM
I dont think so, BUT I'm sure you can find a used ReTro valve for 200 without trade-in in the classifieds forum ... and most of the people here are very good mainainers, and if your not sure then go and check with people if they've had good luck with them ... Plus even though its used if it has stars left (ask when u purchase) you can send it to AGD if something goes wrong, the warrenty IS transferrable :)

Then just add in the level 10 ...

But I remember hearing somewhere that Tom said that he started the tradein for people who moded their valves ... so its quite possible they'll accept your trade, but check w/ the phone peeps or one of the AGD reps.

OR you can try PM'ing AGDjon and when he gets back he can tell you if they'd still accept it back w/ the magic box ...

Sincerely,
Dave

manike
12-17-2002, 06:07 PM
Actually I expect you probably can. I suggest ringing the office and checking.

Most valve trade in's just become scrap so it doesn't matter if it has been butchered with the magic box mod.

Call em and see.

manike

sniper05
12-17-2002, 06:14 PM
Thanks, you guys are great!!

cphilip
12-17-2002, 06:17 PM
I am with Simon on this one. One of the reasons for an upgrade is to get valves off the street that would need repairs under warranty. So this would qualify as one that should come out of service. I have never seen AGD put anything out as a limitation on the trade ins so I would almost bet that this valve would qualify for a trade in. Takes only a call to find out.