PDA

View Full Version : Is a Micro Emag good?

WhyIsItUpsideDown?
12-17-2002, 08:56 PM
Well my friend wants a emag with cocker threads and vert, so I told him about the Xmag and SFL. Well since no one wants to sell their SFL or the Xmags arent due out to i dont know, there is a Microemag. So should he wait for the Xmags or someone to sell their SFL or just go ahead and buy the Micro?

personman
12-17-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by WhyIsItUpsideDown?
Well my friend wants a emag with cocker threads and vert, so I told him about the Xmag and SFL. Well since no one wants to sell their SFL or the Xmags arent due out to i dont know, there is a Microemag. So should he wait for the Xmags or someone to sell their SFL or just go ahead and buy the Micro?
*chants*
Micro Micro Micro Micro!!!
Im getting a micro e-mag, and boy is it nice.. Ive handled it and everthing..
To tell the truth there isnt much of a diffrence except for some have ULE grip frames some dont (Micros dont)
And micro's dont have a slot to put ACE in, though you really wouldnt need it with LX..
Micro all the way! My micro looks like this..

Brak
12-17-2002, 09:22 PM
get the micromag, i think it looks cool

cphilip
12-17-2002, 10:42 PM
Mine sure works great (after Black fixed it up for me). I like it but I think they are a bit overpriced now. Compaired to the things that compete with it. I have one of the Double Nickle finished ones. Shoots great though.

TippmannMan
12-17-2002, 10:51 PM
just wondering why micro e-mags arent given much attention? i think theyre pretty decent looking and i think theyre readily available arent they? heck im asking myself why i didnt get a micro :)

jah871
12-17-2002, 11:21 PM
my dad has one and its awesome. i would definately pick up a micro over a regular emag, in my opinion they look a lot better and are a little bit lighter.

Jonesie
12-18-2002, 08:31 AM
Hmmm...checking out this thread gave me an idea... HAs anyone ever thought of milling a micro body to accept the AGD breaches for the SFL/X-Mag?

Being that I do not own a Micro Mag, nor have I ever seen a removable breech in person, is this even possible or is it yet another of my pipe dreams?

Yes, I did do a brief search, so if I missed it, I'm sorry. Just a thought that popped into my head... ;)

Later ~ Jonesie

dropkick1
12-18-2002, 08:55 AM
i love mine personally, it rips especially in the ultra black like i have, check it out.

ken

dropkick1
12-18-2002, 09:01 AM
oops forgot the pic, only i sold the warpfeed and now it also has a shocktech drop on it in black.

ken

56kSomeGuy
12-18-2002, 04:18 PM
Micro-e are awesome, the preformance of an e-mag and the good looks of the micro in one. Also proteam products has very good customer service (I think even better than AGD's customer service)

TippmannMan
12-18-2002, 05:13 PM
Also proteam products has very good customer service (I think even better than AGD's customer service) BLASPHEMER :D

TheMagMan
12-18-2002, 05:48 PM
Micro E all the way

:D

56kSomeGuy
12-18-2002, 06:10 PM
Since every body else is posting pics of their micro-e......

Kevmaster
12-18-2002, 06:49 PM
thats a nice Micro E you got there 56 ;)

ringmasta187
12-18-2002, 07:16 PM
I just bought a micro emag and i love it. They look so sweet. And even though i had i big problem with double feeding, which no one else seem to have, i easily fixed it and now im just waiting for the lvl 10 to come in.

Little Matt
12-18-2002, 07:51 PM
Ok, Hers a quesiton. Would it be easier to but a Micro e-mag and just set-it up like a X. It might not be milled for the ACE but I'm sure you could get it done. Then all you would have to do is put a Level 10 and the new x-valve on there and its pretty much a x-mag with a diffrent body.

but I guess the down side to doing that is cost. By the time you finish all that. Your looking at having spend about 1600. Correct?

Ok, heres another question. I know it been asked before and I might even have read it but I seem to have forgoten. What is deffrent between the x-valve and the e-mag valve?

Thanks,

Kevmaster
12-18-2002, 08:40 PM
Xvalve is made of aluminum--about 4oz ligher than a Emag/ReTro valve....yes thats the only difference

A.T.S
12-18-2002, 09:17 PM
Are the electronics any different in a micro E-Mag than a regular E-Mag?

bers
12-18-2002, 09:24 PM
hey ringmasta,

how'd you get rid of the double feeding?
I've tried changing the ball detent, changed to a stiffer spring too, oiled the belt on my halo b, but i still get double feeds.

About the microe.....

I love my ultra blue microe, but my opinion on proteam is that they have very very slow service. I sent mine to them for a recurring problem (w/ my valve taking several round trips back and forth)and it took a whole year for them to solve it. In the end they just replaced the valve.

My friends ultra black microe still has a problem with the electronics and its been over a year with proteam and they still havnt had it fixed.

So before you purchase one make sure it works properly, otherwise you're gonna get a lot of headaches with their support. By the way the guy who was handling the repairs for my gun resigned from Pro-team, i dont know why but luckily he left making sure i got a new valve.

cphilip
12-18-2002, 10:33 PM
Ok well I bought mine used from a guy who had electronic problems or so he thought. Turned out to be a miss aligned Battery post and a way out of spec Plunger rod. All these things caused it to lose power and miss fire. It likely had a bad on off pin also. I sent mine out to Black and he repaired all of these and made a pin to stock spec fof this. Seemed the battery post was pressed in off center and was making poor contact. A problem at assembly. Also the too long Plunger Rod was causing overheating of the selenoid which would also cause it to power down and probably explains the on off pin as we think they messed with that in order to correct it and never checked the plunger rod specs. Both a wrong on off pin or plunger rod can cause overheating of the selenoid and for the board to power down if that happens. When it cools off it poweres right back up. So its under fire when this happens. They seemed to have left the lock nut off this plunger rod so it would wander around and change. I do not know if that is common but it may be. All that stuff was fixed and returned to spec and its performing flawlessly now. So those are things to check. It does have a slightly different sear assembly as the sear pin is larger hole but other than that its the same. But all the lenghts and such are a bit different. I have those Plunger Rod lengths and On off Pin lengths written down at work and can send them to you if you need them. The on off pin is much shorter than a stock emag is. You have to file one down as its shorter. I cannot recall the numbers right off hand and would rather look em up for you to be sure. But all these things will cause you to think you have power problems. The electronics are exactly the same except for a brighter display. The board and all is the same. So is the selenoid.

Kevmaster
12-18-2002, 10:40 PM
i had one heck of a time getting mine working....once it did though it worked like a charm. i got mine DOA and called PTP. tey told me it was out of date and they wouldnt service it...so i called AGD after finding AO. AGD took it in, did the works, put ~$300 into it to make it perfect and shipped it back. all for free. i was thoroughly impressed...so impressed that im currently waiting on my XMag to get here to use that

bers
12-18-2002, 11:39 PM
Hi cphilip,

thanks for the info. would it be possible if you could post the proper plunger rod length and other pertinent info?

the electronics problem on my friends microe seems to exhibit the same symptoms you just described in your post above. your input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

cphilip
12-19-2002, 10:24 AM
OK Bers I will run by the office one day and get that stuff. Its in a word file I keep that I jot stuff like that down on when I see it. That way I have it. I need to email that file to myself so I have a copy here at home. But I will get if for you as soon as I get by there. I am off for the remainder of the year so be patient.

If I remember correctly it was 3.05 inches on the plunger Rod and .670 -.675 on the on off pin. he used Premanent Lock tight on that Plunger rod after he had it returned to spec to keep it there and its staying. But I do need to double check my files on those numbers. Perhaps Black will confirm or correct if he see's this. The battery post thing was symptomatic by a lose fit of the yellow pin.

One thing I have to point out here is that a new Micro E is gonna cost you close to what your going to be able to get a solid color C&C for in say 6 months. If you can get a great deal on a used one like some of us did then sure do it. But I certainly would wait for that C&C if not. I mean its so much more marker for about the same price. You'll be glad you did wait.

56kSomeGuy
12-19-2002, 12:50 PM
I don't see how so many of you have such negative things to say about proteam's customer service. I think they have great customer service. It only take them less than three days to get my micro-e back after i send it to them(maybe since i live in FL and so close to their company) They practally sent me back a new micro-e(brought it used from kev) they replaced the electronics, battery, battery housing, and body(had some screw stripping). So they basically gave me a brand new micro-e(excluding the trigger frame and the retro valve) But everything else on it is brand new and working better than ever.:D

ringmasta187
12-19-2002, 03:34 PM
BERS,

Alls i did to stop the double feeding was drill a new hole in the ball detent, making it alot closer the the breach. I also put a very strong spring in it that i took off a pair of needle nose pliers. The only hard part is you have to be pretty careful on the drilling because the new hole is very close to the existing one. This got rid of my double feeding but didnt stop the chopping, but the lvl 10 will fix that. I was gonna take the lvl 10 off my rt but i saw 888 paintball sells them for only 65 dollars so im just gonna get a new one.

Good luck, hope it helps

Has anyone had a problem with there microe haveing trouble recharging after a long rapid fire. I dont know why its doing this, it could be from the cold. I use a nirto duck with mega reg and the pressure is at 700 on the reg. But after about 3 seconds of straight rapid shooting , at like 11-13 bps the gun will stop firing abruptly. I then have to wait about a second or 2 to start shooting agian. I have yet to fire the gun in a warm atmoshpere because i just got it so it could be the cold, but if anyone has a reason it could be doing this or if anyone has had this prob lmk. Thanks