PDA

View Full Version : Not questions/minor problems with RT mag

Brak
12-17-2002, 08:58 PM
I just got my air system back, and i love how my mag shoots. very fast, and when shooting at my cardboard TV box, very accurate. But i have a few questions about my mag.

-First, how do i chrono it? i have heard thigs about mags shooting hot, and that you have to chrono them a certain way to keep them from shooting hot. how would i do that?

-Second, what is the matenance on the gun? im cant find manuals because rt's arent made any more, and im wondering what the regular matenance is on it.

-Most importantly, when i was dry firing it really fast, My body practically came off of my body rail and it started leaking out the back. I have no idea why it happened, but it's got me a bit freaked out (the body was literally OFF my body rail). i'd like to know why this happened (its been a bit loose before, but not like this), and even more, how do i fix it?
the only this keeping my body to my body rail it the banjo bolt, and even when i screw that in all the way it still has a few milimeters of "wiggle", and i think when i get shooting really fast it will get worse and the same thing that happenned to me today will happen.

HELP!

Load SM5
12-17-2002, 09:57 PM
Link to the RT chrono procedure http://www.airgun.com/rtchrono.shtml

The easiest way to take care of your RT is to disconnect or turn off the air source. Put a few drops of paintgun oil into the ASA or quick disconnect. Gas your marker back up and dry fire it about 30 times into a towel with no barrel to oil the internals. Every couple of months go through the valve and look for worn or damaged o-rings and replace them.

No idea about the banjo bolt. Maybe a little teflon tape to prevent it from wiggling loose.

Dayspring
12-17-2002, 10:00 PM
I don't know about that teflon tape on the banjo bolt... I thought air had to be able to flow through it.

Load SM5
12-17-2002, 10:08 PM
Having just looked at a pic of one there is very little threading to teflon. I'm at a loss on that.

toymyster
12-18-2002, 12:20 PM
DO NOT PUT TEFLON TAPE ON YOUR BANJO BOLT!!!! Best course of action for you would be to call AGD and ask for the instruction video!! Also, you can download the manual from AGD website in .pdf format!! Check the front frame screw for tightness and proper length!! If it's not there, go to your nearest harware store, and get yourself an 10-32X3/4" button head allen machine screw and put it in!! Again, download the manual and orser the video, that will answer most of your questions!!! Hope this helps!!