PDA

View Full Version : Cocker Clones

rdb123
12-17-2002, 09:20 PM
Why so many cocker clones?? Can't people think up of something new to make?

With that said, do you know anyone would would consider buying this (http://actionvillage.com/010-9019.html) ? :confused:

Lol

-Ron

EsPo
12-17-2002, 09:22 PM
well, people seem to think that cockers have more range than any gun(i dont agree) but i think that any gun with a flatline will shoot further... i thought the flat line was a good idea, back in the day when i played woodsball.

i would not buy this gun, if you were goin with a cocker, and spending that much, dont get that...

rdb123
12-17-2002, 09:31 PM
Lol yeah I know. I'm sticking with my trusty SFL mag =0

-Ron

Brak
12-17-2002, 09:41 PM
id buy that in a second, and what does that have to do with cocker clones? it is a cocker, with a flatline barrel. is that a clone?

confedman75
12-17-2002, 09:44 PM
i would have gotten that if i had a job when i played woods ball.

rdb123
12-17-2002, 09:44 PM
Nah, it's not; but while I was sifting through ActionVillage, I noticed that almost every darn company on there has cocker clones. =)

-Ron

rdb123
12-17-2002, 10:04 PM
Haha, wouldn't it be something to stick a flatline barrel on an X-Mag? =)

-Ron

TippmannMan
12-17-2002, 10:47 PM
i didnt really like the flatline except for being a conversational piece and for its range. first of all it was around $120 when i got mine. and though i wasnt as paintball educated 3 years ago i think the main problem was i would shoot so fast that there would be another ball in the barrel before the first ball got out so it would negatively affect velocity/accuracy/everything due to it being such a long barrel and operating on the principle of a cushion of air giving the ball the back spin. also when it fired the way it was supposed to the balls ended up kinda floating and it was so obvious to see when i was shooting at someone. you could sorta count em out. one time my friend slapped my paintball out of the air just to mock me. it was not exactly the smoothest bore barrel ive used and it couldve been a little lower in price. however it does boast the range if thats all you care about.

petefol
12-17-2002, 11:17 PM
if im not mistaken, a cocker "clone" is a cocker that doesnt use the stock cocker body (including a milled stock body) because that way the company that makes it doesnt have to pay wgp, like a system x "cocker". some guns like the powerlyte hybrid are "clones" cause they modified the designs like making the ram internal.

Originally posted by TippmannMan
i think the main problem was i would shoot so fast that there would be another ball in the barrel before the first ball got out so it would negatively affect velocity/accuracy/everything due to it being such a long barrel and operating on the principle of a cushion of air giving the ball the back spin.
its just about impossible for a pb gun to shoot fast enough to have 2 balls in the barrel, theres a thread in deep blue about it and i think it was calculated that there is about 30 feet between each ball.

TippmannMan
12-18-2002, 12:16 AM
ok well as i said i wasnt as learned 3 years ago :) it just seemed that way cause sometimes the balls would just plop out sometimes (hehe sounds so wrong. but the problem that was easily identifiable was the thing about the floating effect. im sure somebody can attest to this. after firing an autococker shortly after then eventually an automag/impulse/intimidator (basically other high end guns) i noticed how much of a difference there was. its possible they were all shooting hot but i doubt it. when i fired the balls came out in a nice blur. maybe its just an optical illusion as someone had mentioned in another post but i put the flatline away.

halB
12-18-2002, 12:34 AM
ive seen the flatline in action, the balls do float in the air. when i shot it i was amazed, but thinking back on it i swear i could outrun the ball. maybe its because it has a flat trajectory, who knows, but it really seems to be going very slow no matter what its chronoed at. still it is fun as hell

Bront
12-18-2002, 12:56 AM
One of my friends has a 2000 Flatline Cocker, and he loves it. Says it's accurate and gets great range. I don't know if it's any more accurate than a nice barrel with a good paint match (My gut says it's less), but I'm sure it gets great range, and if he's happy playing with it, then it's a great marker for him.

Ov3rmind
12-18-2002, 01:11 AM
The Flatline Cocker is too ugly for me, plus I wouldn't want to lose the advantage of a Cocker threaded gun.

if im not mistaken, a cocker "clone" is a cocker that doesnt use the stock cocker body (including a milled stock body) because that way the company that makes it doesnt have to pay wgp, like a system x "cocker". some guns like the powerlyte hybrid are "clones" cause they modified the designs like making the ram internal.
Bingo! In order for it to be a "Cocker clone", it must use a non-WGP body. That makes DYEs, Shocktechs, KAPPs, Freeflows, Sonics, etc. still true Cockers. Hybrids, Revenges, System Xs, J2s, Merlins, and Works however are not true Cockers. Stupid, I know, but that's how it's defined as a true Autococker.

petefol
12-18-2002, 04:51 PM
im not exactly sure how the flatline works but the balls may seem to go slow because i think it is a large bore barrel to enable the ball to spin. if it is a large bore then some gas may escape causing a slower speed maybe?

minimag187
12-18-2002, 06:38 PM
WHen I had mine it did shoot a long way.... But in speedball it was so long and if you hardly arched the gun the paintball wouldnt float... it would be inaccurate.

toymyster
12-18-2002, 06:46 PM
I would not own that abominattion if you paid me!!!

TippmannMan
12-18-2002, 08:01 PM
ah well you reminded me of one of my delights i found in the flatline. in many shorter fields you could tag people out from the break. that and the distance are probably the only two pros. oh and maybe the way the barrel looks without the shroud. its just so unique :D