PDA

View Full Version : Wrap around grips.... reversed?

Cypres0099
12-17-2002, 11:03 PM
I was watching TV and I saw a commercial for a cordless drill which said that it had wrap around grips.

I was like so it'll be like sticky grips, but when I saw a picture, it was rubber wrapped around the back not the front.

This got me thinking. Doen't that make more sense than around the front. Most people I've seen hold the gun not by griping it but by sort of resting it on the back of their hand.

Wouldn't this be more practical than the front wrap around grips? Especially since many people have ridiculously long drops that it would be imposible to properly grip the gun.

darklord
12-17-2002, 11:17 PM
I see what you're saying, but personally I rest my ring and pinky fingers lightly on the "grip" part of the frame, while using my middle and pointer fingers on the trigger. I guess it depends on what the manufacturers think is "mainstream". Anyway DYE's Sticky 3's partially solve that problem by having part of the grip wrap around the back.

digitard
12-18-2002, 01:39 AM
I'm right handed, and I have my right hand around the 45' grip and then I have my left hand with the thumb on the dye sticky and then my fingers on the body(and base of the elbow) and my actual foregrip ... sorta spread setup so I can tilt the gun in various positions and just adjust the weight to the various fingers w/o too much stress on any finger or any hand movement really ... its comfy for me

Sincerely,
Dave K

pbguy888
12-18-2002, 07:17 AM
Yeah I kinda hold it like digitard