PDA

View Full Version : Fields allowing automag RTs and their rules about input pressure?

Brak
12-18-2002, 03:59 PM
I know most field let you use automag RT's, but if some dont, and even for the ones that do, what should my input pressure be to make it seem like a normal gun?

also to add one to this, how do i sweetspot my single trigger rt? i dont want to mess with my input pressure because i dont have a guage

BajaBoy
12-18-2002, 04:05 PM
put 800-850 into it.

if your using Lx med or large spring, your gunna have a hard time sweet spotting.

anything else just lurn the trigger.

i never sweet spotted the trigger untill a week ago and now i can shoot it normal. (which is bad b-c bolt/sear ware)

Also guys. i have 850-900 in my rt now and no custom trugger stuff, it will ware no matter what when u sweetspot it right?

Brak
12-18-2002, 04:37 PM
i dont know what my input pressure is set at, does anyone know what Air America sets their tank output (gun input) pressure at once they repair it?

TheTramp
12-18-2002, 04:55 PM
It should be set at 800-850psi. High enough for nice reactivity but not so high that you can't control it.

Evil Bob
12-18-2002, 04:55 PM
I put a LVX kit into an old school, high rise RT for my brother, it's using the medium spring and it goes full reactive (full auto) without effort at 750 input. The higher the input, the more reactive the trigger will be. Cut down the input and the RT will be much less reactive and more "normal". AT 600 input my bro's RT will not go reactive, it doesn't start to think about it until input hits 650.

As was stated earlier, learn the trigger: Pull fully, release fully, pull fully, release fully, etc. This will completely prevent the RT from running away from on full reactive. Spend some time sitting in front of your TV practicing trigger pull until you don't even think about it. You can also work on snap shooting with your favorite TV personalities.

-Evil Bob

PsychoMag
12-18-2002, 09:12 PM
you dont havfe to worry about the input pressure at fields, BTW...what the fields require is that "reactice triggers" stay below 9 bps when fired over the red chrono

EsPo
12-18-2002, 09:20 PM
i have a solution!! buy a gauge....

Brak
12-18-2002, 09:44 PM
gee great idea if i had money!

Spray Painter
12-18-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Evil Bob

As was stated earlier, learn the trigger: Pull fully, release fully, pull fully, release fully, etc. This will completely prevent the RT from running away from on full reactive. Spend some time sitting in front of your TV practicing trigger pull until you don't even think about it. You can also work on snap shooting with your favorite TV personalities.

-Evil Bob

LOL, thats kinda hard to do with a mag, my parents would never let me shoot my rtpro at the tv with air :)

yeahthatsme
12-18-2002, 11:08 PM
my new room is gonna have lots of cabinets and i am gonna set up a t-ball net in one of them so i can fiddle with my guns while at home.

anyways, gauges arent that expensive but whatever, i would suggest keeping the input pressure at whatever its at if it works and turn it up or down accoridingly if it doesnt.