PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know what happend to Mako Paintball?

hostage
12-18-2002, 04:38 PM
Hey I have been trying to reach them for over a week and all I have gotten was a message that said "all lines were busy", now when I call there is a message saying that the mail box is full, just curious if they went under?
-Doron

lillfroboy
12-18-2002, 06:34 PM
i think they went under to, i called them like 5 months ago and got the same things

hostage
12-18-2002, 07:07 PM
hrmm....though the wierd thing is that the mailbox only just now filled up also if they went out months ago then they would have disconnected the phone lines.
-Doron

Kevmaster
12-18-2002, 07:12 PM
heh, thers a surprize! :rolleyes:

boo-yah aka Tribal aka Diamond Labs aka Mako goes out of business....i NEVER saw that one comnig!

halB
12-18-2002, 07:25 PM
mako produced the frame for boo yah, which was of course headed by that scam artist, and once boo yah went under mako decided to just sell the frame themselves. mako isnt run by that guy

hostage
12-18-2002, 07:28 PM
yeah true, i wanted to get an on/off valve from them, but I can't get in contact.
-Doron

Kevmaster
12-18-2002, 07:31 PM
you know full wellthey were in bed together...francis louvette(i think thats his name--the owner of Toxic Toys et all) may not have owned mako, but he had influence over them--if its associated with him, i stay away

hostage
12-18-2002, 07:34 PM
They are not related, i think mako got screwed when he scammed people, even more so it tarnished there rep, I think. I ordered a centerflag on/off for the hyperframe in hopes that it works with the booyaah, i have heard rumors that it does. Well the booyaah has potential if they put some more time into it.
-Doron

InfinatyBPS
12-18-2002, 07:58 PM
I think they went under because they were supposed to have released a e-Cocker frame for under $200 this last summer... didn't see that happen...

toymyster
12-18-2002, 09:22 PM
Yes it is true, I believe Mako has gone by the way of the Edsel!!! From the start, Booyah, or Mako as it bacame known later, was started by a person of shall we say, questionable reputation!!! This is of course, hardly a surprise!!!

hostage
12-19-2002, 02:30 AM
Well I did a whois on makopaintball.com, which is owned by mako paintball. I got the email address of the registered and sent him an email, 2 seconds later I got a postmaster return saying no such email account existed. Well this really does suck, maybe if someone bought them out, fired everyone and redesigned the booyaah then they might do well.
-Doron