PDA

View Full Version : Halo and Warp Feed

Roy Hatch
12-18-2002, 11:07 PM
Im having rouble with my warp feed jamming. The balls seem to hang about three quarters of the way around. No protruding things in the warp either. It happens when I use a Halo Loader. My theory is that the Halo actually pushes the ball into the warp and causes the jam by compressing the stack .. Any one have the same experience.. ideas?

Roy

street1356
12-18-2002, 11:19 PM
i would stick with a revvy cause the halo is a force feed and i dont think u need a halo with a warp

raehl
12-19-2002, 01:01 AM
I'd never thought of that as the source of my WF jamming problems.

It could be that the force feed ispushing the ball to the outside of the discs, where it's rubbing against the plastic housing and causing friction...

But then again, I only have trouble when it's damp out.

- Chris

Evil Bob
12-19-2002, 11:12 AM
I run a HALO B on my warp, never had a feed problem with the warp at all. I also run my warp at 18v for faster loading, which may be the reason I've never had any jamming problems with the HALO. I shoot Diablo Hellfire and RPS Advantage Marbs without a hitch.

-Evil Bob

Roy Hatch
12-19-2002, 12:35 PM
OK its definatly the Halo causing the jam. I ran the warp with a gravity loader (Richochet) and it ran fine. Same paint and all..... bummer..

using a 9v on the warp. how do you run it at 18 volt?

Mr Pink
12-19-2002, 12:38 PM
You can run 18v with two 9v or off the E-mag battery and a mod to prevent the board frying. I use a 10.8v NiMH battery pack in my Warp and have had no problems with my HALO on top. (Touch wood;) )

Evil Bob
12-19-2002, 01:45 PM
18v into the Warp seems to be the answer here, it allows the warp to keep up with the force feed the HALO can produce.

-Evil Bob

Havoc_online
12-19-2002, 03:27 PM
You do not need an 18v warp. You dont even need a 12v warp(which could still outfeed a HALO B). I use a HALO B on my 9v warp with NO problems. Just dont mix paints and LUBE you friction disks. The disks have to be able to slip past the balls.

You can run 18v with two 9v or off the E-mag battery and a mod to prevent the board frying. The board will fry running at 18v. The Emag battery runs at 16.8 not 18. Or take out the board and run 18v straight to the motor.

jayloo
12-19-2002, 03:38 PM
I am new here so please don't flame me for asking stupid questions ....

Is there an advantage to using a halo vs. a revvy? I have am emag w/9v warp and 12v revvy. What would a halo do for my setup?

Evil Bob
12-19-2002, 03:47 PM
No need to lube the disks with 18v, they slip just fine on their own. I even shoot RPS Advantage paint which can be dusty and chalky in the box. Lubricant and grit don't get along too well, you end up with a gummy mess that compounds the problem. Ideally I'd not like to shoot dirty paint but sometimes you don't get a choice in the matter.

John Sosta from AGDE did the 18v mod on my Warp which involved splicing in a second 9v batt lead, if the board burns out I get to blame him for it :) Its been running just fine for the past 1 1/2 years.

-Evil Bob

Jonesie
12-19-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Evil Bob
John Sosta from AGDE did the 18v mod on my Warp which involved splicing in a second 9v batt lead, if the board burns out I get to blame him for it :) Its been running just fine for the past 1 1/2 years.

-Evil Bob

Sounds like you're actually running parallel 9-volts, which put out 9 volts, and lasts twice as long. I hade that mod on my warp for a while, but took it off - poor quality construction, my own fault...

Jonesie

Evil Bob
12-19-2002, 07:08 PM
Jonesie,

After looking at the wiring, I believe you are correct, it does appear to be wired in parallel instead of in series, so my mistake, it's only running 9v total. There is a noticable difference in both speed and torque when removing one of the batts.

Yes, the batteries do last quite a long time. I have some NiMH 9v rechargables that I use to cut down on the cost of batts, damn 9v's these days are $3 each.

-Evil Bob

Jonesie
12-19-2002, 11:01 PM
It's a great mod. I'm going to redo mine, but better this time! ;) Yeah, this is supposed to drain the batteries evenly, so they last twice as long. I need ot get some NiMH, or get my E-Mag and wire up the warp... :)

Later ~ Jonesie

xen_100
12-20-2002, 01:25 PM
you can run it at 12 V with two nine volt batteries, but you need to use a regulator to bring it back to 12v. works just like a 12V revy. 2 9volts still make 12V to the motor on those too.

Jonesie
12-21-2002, 12:55 PM
When I get my E-Mag after Christmas, 1st thing I'm doing is rigging the Warp to run off the E-Mag battery thus bypassing the Warp board. The I'll try to rig the revvy to do the same...

Later ~ Jonesie

BlackVCG
12-21-2002, 09:52 PM
Roy Hatch- Which diverter plate are you using? If it's the aluminum one or the narrow plastic one, get the wide plastic one and that should help.