PDA

View Full Version : Fraternitys and Paintball

martlet1
08-30-2001, 08:38 PM
I was just checking to see how many paintball players here were or are in Fraternitys. I am a Delta Chi Alumnus and at least 10 or 15 guys from my chapter play pretty competitive. I checked at our local field and about 50 percent of the older players were all in frats. They got hooked on paintball during greek week battles.

Dayspring
08-30-2001, 10:18 PM
I'm a Phi Sigma Kappa from NJ. As far as I know, none of MY brothers at my chapter play, despite my efforts.

Thordic
08-31-2001, 06:38 AM
I USED to be in Theta Chi, Epsilon Psi Chapter, NJIT. Then we got re-orged because one of our "brothers" decided he was more important than everyone else in the house. Its been two years, and its still a rather touchy subject. Many members got thrown out, and many more, such as myself, simply left in disgust. Its sad when you see that national views everything as a corporation, not as a brotherhood.

I could go on and on about this, but anyway, as far as I know, I'm the only one who plays paintball. I'm trying to drag all the guys I still talk to to a field... we'll see :-)

------------------
CamoSplashed MiniMag
S/N MM12913
Clear AGD Warp Feed
14" SP AA

Lots of stuff coming...

wyn1370
08-31-2001, 06:48 AM
I'm a Phi Kappa Theta from University of Detroit Mercy. We had quite a few outings. I'm one of two guys with my own equipment, so everytime we go I get gunned for on a regular basis. Nobody cares who wins as long as they lite me up.

------------------
retro mini (http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/wyn1370/mag1.jpg)

And shepherds we shall be
For thee My Lord for thee
Power hath descended forth from thy hand
That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command
So we shall flow a river forth to thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be
In nomine patre, at file, spiritus sancte.

- MacManus Family Prayer

cphilip
08-31-2001, 06:55 AM
Good to hear this. Our University club got some Fraternity involvement for our tourney. We hope to see more of you Geeks...um er.... I mean Greeks out there. http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

[This message has been edited by cphilip (edited 08-31-2001).]

martlet1
08-31-2001, 07:23 AM
We made a paintball day part of Greek Week. There are 16 organizations here, and all of them fielded a 10 man team. Then they played round robin castle sieze games. I was amazed at how many people had thier own equipment. The sororities also played on the next day. Its really fun doing paint checks on 18-22 year old chicks. Stand up, turn around, .... i don't see any paint.. play on.

davej946
08-31-2001, 07:27 AM
Hey Guys,
I am a Sigma Nu (still active) at Georgia state University, here in Atlanta. We have a couple of brothers (5 or 6) with their own guns - I actually bought my Mag off a brother. We go play the 24 hour scenario games the local shop puts on, and alway end up lending our extra guns to other brothers who want to go play.

We have a lot of fun. Rent a huge tent from Rec Services at school for a $1 for the weekend, and go shoot people! Lots of fun, it's a male bonding thing...

------------------
David M. Jones
Loyal AGD Customer For Life
"I love my Mag more than my girlfriend - is that wrong?"

Smokee_2_7
08-31-2001, 01:40 PM
Pi kappa Alpha here, U.of south alabama.
We've got a couple of guys that have played a little. (none really owned a gun over a stingray) and a couple of Alumni that have done some pretty decant tournament ball. which reminds me. . I bought another gun today from one of our Alum's. . . his 2000 LCD.

gmag
08-31-2001, 03:41 PM
Dayspring, what school did you go to?

Dayspring
09-01-2001, 07:41 PM
Fairleigh Dickinson University. Madison Campus in NJ.

OldSchoolMag
09-01-2001, 07:44 PM
I play Viper Scenarios in Houston, and I see the Texas A&M Paintball Club out there every game, not sure if they're a fraternity, however. Nice guys too.