PDA

View Full Version : Please Read! Advice from fellow AO'ers...

dre1919
12-19-2002, 09:55 AM
I'm going to be picking up an upgrade for my set up, I just haven't really decided which I think will make the biggest impact yet. I've got a few choices, so I will present them here for you in personal ads style! If you can, dear friends of AO, tell me which you think will make the biggest impact.

Here is my set up: Old School RT, with Hyperframe, 10" Dye black aluminum barrel, 12vt Revvy (stock..no x-board or WAS), CP Flame drop forward, 47ci 3000 psi compressed.

Me: SWM, 26, seeks upgrade to life. My interests are eliminations, high speed adrenaline rushes, and bunkering. ISO new companion to make real difference in life and noticed difference in equipment. Plays hard, plays fair. A lot of "action" right from the start a must!

Now, should I choose:

The attractive, but mysterious, redhead:
a clear red HALO B loader.

The sexy blonde with no apparent baggage:
a Level 10 kit.

The very cute, brunette, girl-next-door type:
a Freak Kit.

Or, finally, just call up the ex-girlfriend and see if things can be patched up:
get a new tank.

Other considerations might be:
1. I play front.
2. I have broke 1 ball since installing my Hyper, almost a year ago.

and 3. I want to stay around $200 or so if possible.

Thanks to all who give me some input!

datapimp69
12-19-2002, 10:18 AM
well if you have $200

you could get the

"The attractive, but mysterious, redhead"
AND
"The sexy blonde with no apparent baggage"

and have them both on you at the same time..

i allways prefered 2 at once my self....

ok, ill stop this is getting dirty.

pito189
12-19-2002, 10:33 AM
I agree with the Datapimp. Get the HALO, and the LX. The HALO to keep up with the Hyperframe, and the LX to eliminate that one ball chop. You never know when one can happen again, and make you miss a mugging.:)

digitard
12-19-2002, 10:54 AM
Why is it I always get to these topics after people have put up the answers I would've typed ...lol

I agree, get the Halo B! and the LX .... Even though you havent broken a ball (well 1) you still have a good chance, might wanna just eliminate that ... and the Halo would be great. Maybe even look into a Warp?

Sincerely,
Dave K

pito189
12-19-2002, 10:58 AM
Yes warps are great. Get a warp, and LX. I've had a warp since June now I believe, and I have loved every minute of it. It definately gives you more shooing options when your up front.

Shooting out of the very bottom of the bunker is always great. :D

dre1919
12-19-2002, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I hadn't even thought about a Warp really. I don't know...I may have to think about that. I know it adds a bit more bulk to the gun but the advantage of not having a hopper up top would be nice I suppose.

datapimp69...:D

Cryer
12-19-2002, 11:46 AM
I've only heard this from one or two people, but they've said that the hyperframe somehow interferes with the operation of the level 10. they've had problems with the bolt and spring being scratched somehow by the sear or something. Again, this is something i've heard, so I wouldn't put too much weight on it, but i do think if you plan on the level 10, you should research this supposed issue.
If you ask me, you haven't broken a ball so long, it almost seems like a waste of $85 to get the level 10 anyways. And Obviously, your current loader isn't having any problem with keeping up with your ROF. I'd drop 200 bones on a new Carbon Fiber tank to lighten your setup. (I'm assuming your 47ci 3kpsi is not Carbon Fiber...)

manike
12-19-2002, 11:55 AM
I'd definitely get the Halo, and then since you haven't broken paint maybe put the rest towards a new tank. If not get the level 10 also :)

Red heads are fun ;)

dre1919
12-19-2002, 12:08 PM
I like the performance of the HALO from what I've seen, however the only thing that concerns me is it's size. In pictures it looks a lot fatter than a Revvy...I'm going to have to head down to my proshop here and look at one on my RT. Anybody played with one that could give me insight on it's size versus a Revvy? As for the Level 10, when it first came out on the forums here I kept a close eye on whether or not it worked with the Hyperframe.

From what I've seen, supposedly there is no problem at all. I've heard some people say to install it with the stock handle on the gun instead of the Hyper, then switch it out after the LX is set, but I don't know about that. It may not really matter. If somebody's got a LX on their Hypered Mag, let me know how that went please.

My compressed tank is a PMI preset screw in, which I have no problems with at all save for one: the fill nipple o-ring sucks! I didn't have any problems with it in it's first year or service, then here recently I've replaced it twice in a short period. Maybe it's just some bad o-rings.

(BTW, manike..yeah, redheads are fun. I'm more of a brunette fan myself. I need to come to your side of the pond and find a nice Irish girl!)

manike
12-19-2002, 12:21 PM
I prefer brunettes also :) But redheads are still fun ;)!

First Impressions of the Halo make you think it is a bit bigger than a Revvy but it's only a 1/4inch wider each side (I think I remember Chris from Odyssey telling me that). When you line them up, there is very little side difference (almost identical profiles) and it's just a bit deeper from the front at the back corners.

The great thing about the Halo though is that you can cut the feed really short and have it down nice and low and compact on your gun. Which means in use, it's a smaller target presented to the opposition.

I cut a powerfeed body down to warp body sizes and can use the Halo on that with the powerfeed. It brings it over centre and really close to the top of the marker, which is sweet to use. :D

manike

Jonno06
12-19-2002, 01:09 PM
ide get the warp and lx actually..i like warps for some reason..

adam shannon
12-19-2002, 01:44 PM
get the LX and a freak junior kit. the new freak junior kit isnt the same old one they had had with only a spyder or tippmann back and 1 insert. the new freak junior set is any back you want, 1 tip, 3 inserts, plus the case. i havent seen the new kit on any websites yet....but my local shop has them now so most stores/sites should have them now or soon. plus they are running between $99 and $125 ($99 at my local shop).

the LX is a must. a halo would be great...but why worry about shooting faster if you cant hit what your throwing all those balls at. go with the freak.

dre1919
12-19-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by adam shannon
...the LX is a must. a halo would be great...but why worry about shooting faster if you cant hit what your throwing all those balls at. go with the freak.

Good point. However, it's not like my dye barrel sucks or anything. Actually, I'm quite happy with it...dye makes some very nice products in my opinion. I just listed a Freak kit as a upgrade choice because I understand you will get better accuracy with a better paint/barrel match. Thanks for the comment though.

:)

Hey manike, you said you cut down the powerfeed on your mag to a much shorter level? How much did you take off? With my RT being a powerfeed, how much is acceptable to slice off before it become too much? I like the idea of dropping the loader down lower. Thanks for the HALO info too.

manike
12-19-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by dre1919
Hey manike, you said you cut down the powerfeed on your mag to a much shorter level? How much did you take off?

Lots! :D

I did it with a hose clamp and a dremel with cutting disk.

You only need to have enough sticking out to fit nicely inside whatever elbow you use.

You can even cut it shorter and trim the elbow to fit around the body.

You can get it very low and nicely over towards the centre.

manike

Dayspring
12-19-2002, 02:29 PM
Man after my own twisted black heart. :D

Originally posted by manike
Red heads are fun ;)

dre1919
12-19-2002, 02:40 PM
Sweet, thanks manike! My brother has a dremel tool so I'm going to give that a shot on my powerfeed. Are there any disadvantages you've found to cutting the powerfeed down? I can't think of any unless it would be having less paintballs stacked and ready to go into the chamber. Of course, if you have a good loader like the HALO I'm looking at, then I wouldn't have to worry about that I guess.

Does anybody know what's up with the whole "HALO sensor won't read paintball shells that are black or half black" thing? Is that true or just crazy talk?

adam shannon
12-19-2002, 02:46 PM
the freak may be the original multiple ID barrel system, and there are new ones that may be better with tighter tolerances, et. the reason i will always use a freak (at least of all the barrels out now) is because i only need one back. take the new evil pipe system for example. i have heard great stuff about it. but i would need 5 sets of backs for each marker i own. right now i only need 1 back for each marker...the tips and inserts are interchangeable. this saves me alot of gelt. if you only have one marker it might be diffrent. but i like not having to own tons of backs for each gun.

manike
12-19-2002, 03:26 PM
Dre, I wouldn't be cutting down the powerfeed for use with any other loader than a Halo B :) Although you can get away with it with other loaders if you have level 10 to avoid the chops...

manike

dre1919
12-19-2002, 03:31 PM
Oh, I see what your saying.
:eek: ;)

darklord
12-19-2002, 08:01 PM
I'd say a threesome is in order, the blonde (LX) and call up the old girlfriend if the 48/3k isn't doing you well... and if things are going good get the blonde and the foreign chick (warp feed)...although if I were you I'd try to get your hands on a foreign chick beforehand, some people just don't like how they handle. Uh this is sounding kind of weird, so let me say this in plain english try out a warp if you can. LX is a must, even though you've only chopped a few balls the LX will prevent potential chops and save you from squeegieing your barrel.

dre1919
12-20-2002, 09:12 AM
^^^
I got what you were saying, thanks for the input!
:)

I think what I'm going to do is go down to our proshop here and see if I can check out a HALO on my RT and see what that looks/feels like. I'd also like to check out a Warp on a gun there, and hopefully I'll be able too. I don't know though...it's Warped Sportz KC so they generally don't tend to have much AGD stuff set up. They sell Mags, and the Warp, they just may not have one on a gun. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the LX first off, then figure out what I want to do about my loader situation. From what I've been able to dig up over in Tech, apparently LX works fine with the Hyperframe...especially if you've got an RT valve to power it, so I should be ok on that front.