PDA

View Full Version : Hey ACE owners, please explain it to me.

JEDI
12-19-2002, 02:22 PM
Would someone with an ACE set up on their gun please explain it to me. What kind of anti chop system is it? What are the settings. How do you adjust it? How does it work along side with the level ten? I have a complete ULE set up for my Emag, and if the ACE ever goes after market, I'd like to get it. Does it replace the entire board in the grip frame? (If I got it for my Emag).

I know they're all currently in the X-Mags, but if possable could you relate your answers to retro-fitting it into an Emag.

BlackVCG
12-19-2002, 03:19 PM
Retro-fit to an E-Mag... Not possible unless you drill a hole in ever single one of your barrels, and in your mainbody.

As for how the ACE works, it's a optical proximity eye. Depending on the sensitivity of the eye, once it senses a ball, it allows the gun to shoot. There's a dial on the side of the grip frame that you adjust CW or CCW to adjust the sensitivity. The eye is turned on by going to ACE mode and selecting mode 01 to turn it on and 00 to turn it off. With Level 10 it just eliminates the Level 10 ever hitting a ball and pinching it. Level 10 still helps in that you don't get ball breakage that would be caused by not having the radiused bolt tip and excessive bolt speeds.

JEDI
12-19-2002, 03:30 PM
Damn! You know, if I gave it half a thought, I would have realized the whole breech of a mag is "inside" the barrel, therefore I could not use the ACE. Was it ever a consideration to make this possable? What was the point of milling the ULE rail. I thought it was for the ACE.

BlackVCG
12-19-2002, 06:00 PM
The rail is the bulk of the weight on a Mag. They milled it out as much as possible to reduce weight. That's the only reason. ULE = Ultra Light Edition

JEDI
12-20-2002, 08:57 AM
Oh, thanks, that makes sense. The whole gun is together. I'll have to post pictures for every one. Its really sweet!