PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Practice Paintballs...

Havoc_online
12-20-2002, 12:57 AM
I just read about these but personally dont know if it's a good or bad thing. I think they should be sold to reputable teams only.

T-Balls are reusable Target Balls that are shot from any .68 Caliber Paintball Marker. T-Balls used with the T-Ball Target provide a safe, cost effective and fun way to practice and perfect Paintball skills.

Features:
Reusable; reduces cost of target practice
For indoor or outdoor use
Durable, rubber-like T-balls work with T-Ball Lube (included with each purchase)
Shoot like real paintballs; Perform within 3% of the velocity and accuracy of a premium paintball
Available in red, yellow, and blue
Available for retail sale in Hang Tube container of 50 T-Balls or bulk container of 400
Available wholesale in 50 or 400 count containers by the case

50 Count Hang Tube $9.95 each + S&H
400 Count Container $67.95 each + S&H

www.rufusdawg.com

http://www.rufusdawg.com/images/3tballs.jpg

Quiet
12-20-2002, 01:05 AM
Yah, those could definately cause trouble.

If anyone doesn't believe me heres a story for you: I used to rent an apt across the street from a red neck bar. Late at night we'd fire one of those super bouncy balls from the third floor through the door as somebody was leaving (with the aid of a slingshot). You'd hear all kinds of noise from in the bar then people would come pouring like ants out of an ant hill looking for a fight. They never did figure out who did it.

Snewk
12-20-2002, 02:17 AM
Hahahahaha Quiet.....that's funny since I am literally RIGHT on the Alabama border..hehe. I did that once in K-Mart in my younger days (5-6 years ago since I will be 21 January 1st..woot!) and I knocked some things off a shelf and ran! And those T-balls, don't you have to oil them?

MinimagRockin'
12-20-2002, 02:30 AM
I wonder what it feels like to get shot with one of those? You think it's like a bounce or do you think it would hurt more?

Brak
12-20-2002, 08:17 AM
well seeing how they perform within 3% of paintballs, i think it would hurt 97%-103% as much as a paintball...

besides, the reason hoodlums shoot paintball guns as people is to see the pretty colors. if they are just rubber "its stupid"

warpfeedmod
12-20-2002, 09:29 AM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58778

Bront
12-20-2002, 11:38 AM
I heard that someone shot at a mask just to test these and the balls went right through the lense. Just be carefull if you want to use them.

seizurepants
12-20-2002, 01:30 PM
well for one a paintball can go through a lens, it all matters how far away you are and the age of the lens and the age of the ball, so what i'm saying is that there are all kinds of factors to that test.

petefol
12-20-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Brak
well seeing how they perform within 3% of paintballs, i think it would hurt 97%-103% as much as a paintball...
how do you figure that?

FordPrefect
12-20-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by petefol

how do you figure that?

I think he means that since it is within 3% velocity, it is within 3% of the pain. But I don't think that's right.

If you fire a .68 caliber steel ball at someone at 300 fps, it is going to hurt more then a .68 caliber foam ball going 300 fps.

Quiet
12-20-2002, 04:17 PM
Those things are made to shoot at targets not opponents. Bet they hurt more than paintballs, cause they don't break up on contact.

logamus
12-20-2002, 06:59 PM
well since the hits that hurt the worst are bounces, i would assume these balls hurt like hell if you get hit with one.